SSSC 93 G alum Showdown ( Part 2) 9-9-2012

rip2506

Lamar ( Bailey Fontenot) will Host HBU ( Emily Hughes and Natalie Hagar) This Sunday at everyone's home turf here in Beaumont! The only thing that would make it feel more like a family reunion is if it were played on the old SSSC field #1!

Game Time Sunday 9-9-12 at 1:00pm At the Lamar soccer complex  8)

Was a really good game with HBU coming out strong and creating chances... then Lamar got their act together and sent a barrage of balls towards the goal... none on target but scary all the same. First half ends knotted up 0-0.  I thought HBU was the better side.. but now Lamar had the wind at their back and have some big legs in the midfield... just the formula for a sneaky goal.. but thier game leading goal did not come from distance but from a string of well placed passes that eventually lead to a shot that beat the HBU keeper... not undaunted or rattled.. at least I wasn't becuase this same HBU squad fell behind the previous Friday night when they unleashed heck fire on their opponent scoring 3 goals in the second half.. two by Port Neches own Natalie Hagar.... I am saying to myself not so fast Lamar..... HBU still has the one two punch ( or H squared) of Hughes and Hagar. This game is far from over...... andwith the clock running down HBU gets the equalizer on a penalty kick. Now with only 9 seconds left the H sqaured combo does what they do... Hughes gets the pass into Hagar and she fires a beautiful potential game winner that just hits the crossbar. WOW that was close and an incredible dramatic finish from Hagar. If you do not know by now the girl is DANGEROUS and can strike like a cobra at any moment.  Well they go into overtime and it remains knotted up until Hughes gets her chance for heroism.. I missed this due to a previous scheduled engagement but according to her father.. Emily recieves a through ball deep in Lamar territory and she has their defenders by a clear three feet.. only Bailey Fontenot her former teammate standing in her way.. Em switches the ball to her left foot and drives it.... Bailey lays out and saves the game for Lamar! what an appropriate finish.. teammate to teammate  and today was Baileys day.. Emily's dad said she had made that shot against Bailey many times in High School and today Bailey made the play... maybe it was the familarity of those high school games that gave Bailey the edge.. things that make you go HMMM...

Coach Bates was in attendanes hope she has some PNG up and comers headed to the Lamar program. 8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder