Foster @ Brenham @ 7:30- Updates & Broadcast- The Cubs go down 31-14....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="texasaggie" post="1257986" timestamp="1346520871"]
This could be the year...  :o
[/quote]

It could be...  If we turn the ball over like that again, it's very possible.  All of our fumbles made it look like the Kingwood Park game from 2 years ago, but this time they returned a lot of fumbles/int's for TD's.

[quote name="liltex" post="1258716" timestamp="1346592369"]
We'll see how Foster does this week w/CE King @ Richmond 8)
[/quote]

[b]Stats[/b]
[color=yellow][b]Foster[/b][/color]  [b]31[/b]                                     
FD  Rushing  C-A-I  Passing  Total
8    40-120  3-7-0    32      152

[color=green][b]Brenham[/b][/color]  [b]14[/b]       
FD  Rushing  C-A-I    Passing  Total
17    36-125  11-25-2    129      254

Obviously our defense was our strong point & our offense is what did us in.

[quote name="Eazy" post="1258721" timestamp="1346592682"]
18-4A looked pretty weak with the top two teams losing and Willis getting blown out.
[/quote]

I told you this district would suck this year.  This is just confirmation.  BTW, as much as it pains me today it, Navasota would beat any team in this district.  At least this year they would.

Week Zero District 18-4A Power Rankings:
1. Montgomery- Respectable Loss to a very good team.
2. Brenham- Its still Brenham, but loss to Foster was surprising.
3. Huntsville- Actually won, but against a very bad Humble team.
4. Magnolia West- Won against first year Tomball Memorial.
5. Willis- Blown out by an underrated Navasota team.
6. Waller- Shutout by a decent El Campo team.
7. Magnolia- Barely beating Galena Park doesn't prove enough to move up.
8. Rudder- Beat handedly by former district foe Elgin.
9. Caney Creek- Lost by one point to New Caney in the Montgomery County Toilet Bowl.

Good job there Texasaggie, but don't seem so surprised that Huntsville actually won.  Your Power rankings are very good.  While Navasota is definitely loaded, I have seen nothing from Willis to see them making the playoffs this year.  I think Mag West and Huntsville take 3rd and 4th. 

I wasn't surprised by Huntsville winning, I actually picked them to win. I only said "actually won" in reference to Montgomery and Brenham losing. I think Huntsville's defense is what will separate them from West, Willis, Waller, and Magnolia. The district as a whole is definitely on a down year. Most of the teams are going to rely heavily on the run game and defense. Which ever teams limit their turnovers the most will rise to the top this year since talent is at a low.

First of all, this district(the ones that Brenham has been playing in for the last 2 years) is terrible.  With the exception of Brenham and Montgomery, all of the other teams have been terrible.  I really feel that it would benefit both Brenham and Montgomery in the playoffs if they had a tougher district schedule.  No excuses though.  The fact of the matter is that Brenham has had a huge lack of focus the last couple of years, and it cost them tremendously.  Sometimes all of that talent is not necessarily a good thing on a high school team.  With that being said, I really feel that this young team is going to develop into a pretty good group by the end of the year.  Do not forget that in 2008 that the Cubs started off 1-3 against pretty average teams and ended up playing in the regional finals.  I was especially impressed with this young defense.  The defense played more than good enough for a big win, AND the offense drove the ball all night long.  It was the big mistakes that killed them.  These are things that young teams do.  I was pleased to see that West stuck with the sophomore QB Thomas even though he made crucial mistakes.  That sends a message to the team, AND the whole community that this is MY QB.  Let the youngster play, and by the end of the year he will be a player.  We have gotten to be spoiled lately, and EVERYONE expected to win Friday.  I am good with it though, because I saw something I have not seen since 2009.  A unified team effort.  GO CUBS!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124