WILL JAMAR GIBSON HELP GCM?

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="jabu84" post="1245432" timestamp="1345076296"]
so the rumors are true
[/quote]

Very true. If Jamar takes care of his business and keeps his nose clean, he will be an excellent addition to the Patriot program. Good kid that has made some poor choices.

He immediately becomes the best player in the district.  There was never a doubt in my mind that he would play once I heard that he was at GCM.  Players like that in Baytown don't just stay suspended or what not.  Too much talent.  He would have been reinstated at Lee or Sterling too, so I am not just putting it on GCM.

GCM should have one of the better 4A offenses in the Houston area with the addition of Gibson.  The qb was already all-district quality, and I hear the running back is good, though I don't think he played against Lee last year.  The thing with Gibson is, you better double cover him.  If you don't, then you are just asking for trouble.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1245486" timestamp="1345085987"]
[quote author=jabu84 link=topic=101658.msg1245432#msg1245432 date=1345076296]
so the rumors are true
[/quote]

Very true. If Jamar takes care of his business and keeps his nose clean, he will be an excellent addition to the Patriot program. Good kid that has made some poor choices.
[/quote]

I thought dre and curtis was pulling my chain

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="LP0175" post="1245553" timestamp="1345122030"]
What offensive scheme does GMC run? (Spread)(single back) (I)
[/quote]

They run a mixture of it all.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="panamamyers" post="1245536" timestamp="1345117712"]
He immediately becomes the best player in the district.  There was never a doubt in my mind that he would play once I heard that he was at GCM.  Players like that in Baytown don't just stay suspended or what not.  Too much talent.  He would have been reinstated at Lee or Sterling too, so I am not just putting it on GCM.

GCM should have one of the better 4A offenses in the Houston area with the addition of Gibson.  The qb was already all-district quality, and I hear the running back is good, though I don't think he played against Lee last year.  The thing with Gibson is, you better double cover him.  If you don't, then you are just asking for trouble.
[/quote]

The running back Alexander is a game changer. He is young and needs to get his head on right at times. (That's why he missed the Lee game last year). He has a chance to be special.

Duden needs to stay healthy and this offense will be legit.

• 1 month later...
You either have the will to be a champion or you dont. I don't feel sorry for these types of athletes. He is old enough to know what he could be throwing away so I don't blame the parents either or lack thereof. Sometimes the person is just too lazy, unmotivated, or just doesn't really care. Whatever it is, every person his age is faced with choices. Do I study an extra hour tonight for this exam or go cruise the town with buddies, do I practice trombone or play video games, etc. You can say well he's a good kid that's made poor decisions, but at some point you have to rethink that and maybe he just can't stay out of trouble.. We are all responsible for decisions we make. No sympathy at all from me..

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1276606" timestamp="1348153466"]
You either have the will to be a champion or you dont. I don't feel sorry for these types of athletes. He is old enough to know what he could be throwing away so I don't blame the parents either or lack thereof. Sometimes the person is just too lazy, unmotivated, or just doesn't really care. Whatever it is, every person his age is faced with choices. Do I study an extra hour tonight for this exam or go cruise the town with buddies, do I practice trombone or play video games, etc. You can say well he's a good kid that's made poor decisions, but at s a ome point you have to rethink that and maybe he just can't stay out of trouble.. We are all responsible for decisions we make. No sympathy at all from me..
[/quote]
I agree that life is all about choices. But some kids just need a little more guidance than others.IMO. Jamar is a kid who has adapted to his surroundings(McNair,tx nothing but trouble there). With a strong father figure IMO this kids life would be much different. Sad story to me because I grew up in Barrett station and I seen a lot of talent go to waste because of this type of similar situation. :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder