20-4A Thoughts

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1250252" timestamp="1345835170"]
[quote author=BEARCAT link=topic=101649.msg1250219#msg1250219 date=1345833269]
There seems to be a consensus that Ned., Ozen, and Central will be the top 3 teams (none in my opinion will go undefeated in dist.).  The 4th spot, and a shot at the playoffs, may not be so clear.  Other than Collins who is a great athlete who else does Livingston have?  Do they have any size coming back? Just curious.  A young LCM and an improving Vidor may have a shot at the 4th spot.  A taste of playoffs, even if short lived, gives young teams experience and confidence.
[/quote]Good point! Much like the district last year with HF& WO-S, it will be interesting to see who gets the final playoff spot. Livingston possibly could play a dual role this year. Being the dark horse and the spoiler in this district. [b]They could get that 4th spot and at the same time apply pressure on Nederland and Central fighting for the 2nd and 3rd spots.[/b]
[/quote]

Don't you mean Ozen and central fighting for the 2nd and 3rd spots?.
:)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1250677" timestamp="1345860919"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=101649.msg1250252#msg1250252 date=1345835170]
[quote author=BEARCAT link=topic=101649.msg1250219#msg1250219 date=1345833269]
There seems to be a consensus that Ned., Ozen, and Central will be the top 3 teams (none in my opinion will go undefeated in dist.).  The 4th spot, and a shot at the playoffs, may not be so clear.  Other than Collins who is a great athlete who else does Livingston have?  Do they have any size coming back? Just curious.  A young LCM and an improving Vidor may have a shot at the 4th spot.  A taste of playoffs, even if short lived, gives young teams experience and confidence.
[/quote]Good point! Much like the district last year with HF& WO-S, it will be interesting to see who gets the final playoff spot. Livingston possibly could play a dual role this year. Being the dark horse and the spoiler in this district. [b]They could get that 4th spot and at the same time apply pressure on Nederland and Central fighting for the 2nd and 3rd spots.[/b]
[/quote]

Don't you mean Ozen and central fighting for the 2nd and 3rd spots?.
:)
[/quote]  ;D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BmtTopFlight2017
This was a very funny topic. Now on to the facts. Because that's what I deal in. While the kids coming out of King MS were good the best one actually went to Ozen and it wasn't Nigel. I'll let that sit on your brain cells for a minute. I watched King play all last year and Nigel is a wonderful kid,but he is not varsity ready nor is anybody off that team. Ozen did end up getting Josh Boyd. Now some of you will say he didn't play yeah I know but he was the BEST PLAYER at King PERIOD. The kid will end up being at least 6'5 or 6'6 when it's all said and done. And he plays defense like no other and score at will. He doesn't get the hype that Nigel gets because he didn't play a lot of summer ball but if Central puts those kids on varsity they'll be sitting ducks trust me.

Central has all the experience, height and talent. They will float on air when district play starts. They truly will have a mega team this season. According to a couple of  reports I've gotten from this weekend (after GASO tourney this weekend) is that Houston & surrounding area teams are really watered down this season with lack of talent. 4-A is prime for a Beaumont team like Central to go a long way. In fact, maybe we should just give Central the district crown now. :-\

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1274136" timestamp="1347891900"]
Central has all the experience, height and talent. They will float on air when district play starts. They truly will have a mega team this season. According to a couple of  reports I've gotten from this weekend (after GASO tourney this weekend) is that Houston & surrounding area teams are really watered down this season with lack of talent. 4-A is prime for a Beaumont team like Central to go a long way. In fact, maybe we should just give Central the district crown now. :-\
[/quote]Who are you, and what did you do with BlueDove?? BlueDove, if you are reading this, someone hijacked your account.  ;D

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1274179" timestamp="1347894170"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=101649.msg1274136#msg1274136 date=1347891900]
[/quote]Who are you, and what did you do with BlueDove?? BlueDove, if you are reading this, someone hijacked your account.  ;D
[/quote] I'm just expressing the vibes from several of our Central friends.  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1274230" timestamp="1347897937"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=101649.msg1274179#msg1274179 date=1347894170]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=101649.msg1274136#msg1274136 date=1347891900]
[/quote] Not this Central fan or any other Central fan that I know...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1275788" timestamp="1348057156"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=101649.msg1274230#msg1274230 date=1347897937]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=101649.msg1274179#msg1274179 date=1347894170]
[/quote] [b]Not this Central fan[/b] or any other Central fan that I know...
[/quote]

That's not what you said during our commercial breaks in last night's preview show. ;) ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1275799" timestamp="1348059485"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=101649.msg1275788#msg1275788 date=1348057156]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=101649.msg1274230#msg1274230 date=1347897937]
[/quote] [b]Not this Central fan[/b] or any other Central fan that I know...
[/quote]

That's not what you said during our commercial breaks in last night's preview show. ;) ;D
[/quote]LOL! Told you!!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1275888" timestamp="1348067293"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=101649.msg1275818#msg1275818 date=1348061159]
Win A lot of games?  Yes.  District championship?  Yes.Serious state contender?  Get real.    ;D
[/quote] Name the 4-A teams who will give Central a real threat in their regionals. C'mon, name me the teams. Gonna be a short list. ;)
[/quote] Any team with a coach that has a 3 play playbook...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1276017" timestamp="1348075668"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=101649.msg1275888#msg1275888 date=1348067293]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=101649.msg1275818#msg1275818 date=1348061159]
Win A lot of games?  Yes.  District championship?  Yes.Serious state contender?  Get real.    ;D
[/quote] Name the 4-A teams who will give Central a real threat in their regionals. C'mon, name me the teams. Gonna be a short list. ;)
[/quote] Any team with a coach that has a 3 play playbook...
[/quote]LOL!!! So you have the talent but not sure of the coaching? I've seen talent make a average coach look good. And I am in no way saying Central coach is average. I think he's a good coach in his own way.

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1273968" timestamp="1347853169"]
This was a very funny topic. Now on to the facts. Because that's what I deal in. While the kids coming out of King MS were good the best one actually went to Ozen and it wasn't Nigel. I'll let that sit on your brain cells for a minute. I watched King play all last year and Nigel is a wonderful kid,but he is not varsity ready nor is anybody off that team. Ozen did end up getting Josh Boyd. Now some of you will say he didn't play yeah I know but he was the BEST PLAYER at King PERIOD. The kid will end up being at least 6'5 or 6'6 when it's all said and done. And he plays defense like no other and score at will. He doesn't get the hype that Nigel gets because he didn't play a lot of summer ball but if Central puts those kids on varsity they'll be sitting ducks trust me.
[/quote]
Boyd is ridiculously athletic. He's a two sport star. He's actually a better football player than he is a basketball player. And no, he is not better than Pearson. Both have bright futures. And Ozen and Central will both be really good.

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1273968" timestamp="1347853169"]
[/quote]
Nigel and Boyd played on the same summer aau team *team sneed. From my understanding Nigel gets more hype locally and nationally, both are great players but Boyd will be the sitting duck at central playing behind the doves, jakobi jones, alex williams, and d.sam

[quote name="Setxhoops23" post="1280342" timestamp="1348456316"]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=101649.msg1273968#msg1273968 date=1347853169]
[/quote]
Nigel and Boyd played on the same summer aau team *team sneed. From my understanding Nigel gets more hype locally and nationally, both are great players but Boyd will be the sitting duck at central playing behind the doves, jakobi jones, alex williams, and d.sam
[/quote] I  gotta give Alex "Duck" Williams his props from this past weekend. The kid came out and lead the defensive charge against a top Elsik team out of Houston. Elsik has a couple of true D-1 prospects and had about 3-4 kids who could shoot the darn thing. Duck led the defensive pressure and the other 'babies" took their cues from the senior. Ozen is quick now, but imagine how much Jakobi will add to the team when football is over.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1280478" timestamp="1348492758"]
[quote author=Setxhoops23 link=topic=101649.msg1280342#msg1280342 date=1348456316]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=101649.msg1273968#msg1273968 date=1347853169]
[/quote]
[/quote] I  gotta give Alex "Duck" Williams his props from this past weekend. The kid came out and lead the defensive charge against a top Elsik team out of Houston. Elsik has a couple of true D-1 prospects and had about 3-4 kids who could shoot the darn thing. Duck led the defensive pressure and the other 'babies" took their cues from the senior. Ozen is quick now, but imagine how much Jakobi will add to the team when football is over.
[/quote]

Are you implying a walk to the district title for the Panthers?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1280881" timestamp="1348511885"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=101649.msg1280478#msg1280478 date=1348492758]
[quote author=Setxhoops23 link=topic=101649.msg1280342#msg1280342 date=1348456316]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Their babies! Too young! Central has all the height, skill, athletes, etc. Central is the team to beat in this area.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1280930" timestamp="1348513615"]
Babies that handled a group of great shooters and D-1 prospects?  Are you saying the Central personnel are superior to those you just mentioned?
[/quote] But the senior led them out of the crib. District games will be tougher. Central knows  or will know their opponents.  ;)

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
[quote name="Setxhoops23" post="1280342" timestamp="1348456316"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Not taking anything away from N.Pearson I'm saying that even though Boyd will have to sit behind those good players doesn't make him any less talented.If Boyd had gone to Central he'd be on varsity too.Looking at Centrals freshman and  JV from last year it wouldn't be hard for anyone who has a lil talent to make their varsity, yea I said it. We'll see how much they miss Christian this year, the guy who ALLOWED everyone to play without pressure because defenses were so worried about him. Its all love for the kids and I hope ALL OF THEM SUCCEED. But we're human and we'll always compare apples to oranges whichever is better for you.

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1280895" timestamp="1348512566"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=101649.msg1280881#msg1280881 date=1348511885]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=101649.msg1280478#msg1280478 date=1348492758]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Their babies! Too young! Central has all the height, skill, athletes, etc. Central is the team to beat in this area.
[/quote]
Wait can't forget about Jar.Hunter. I thought he played extremely well at the pg spot. Without his aggressiveness on defense and leadership on offense I'm not sure how the Panthers would've come out.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1280478" timestamp="1348492758"]
[/quote]
[/quote] [b]I  gotta give Alex "Duck" Williams his props from this past weekend.[/b] The kid came out and lead the defensive charge against a top Elsik team out of Houston. Elsik has a couple of true D-1 prospects and had about 3-4 kids who could shoot the darn thing. Duck led the defensive pressure and the other 'babies" took their cues from the senior. Ozen is quick now, but imagine how much Jakobi will add to the team when football is over.
[/quote]
Wow! Guess I'm thick on the football trail, I had no idea basketball was going on. I'm glad to read that about Duck, he has it in him he just needs a lil push from time to time.

I believe it's gonna be a toss up between Central, Nederland, and Ozen just like last year. Central is gonna be good but I don't think they are gonna completely dominate. I see these teams splitting amongst each other like last year. Yeah Ozen is young but they will play hard and with all that speed it's gonna make them seem better. Nederland as the experience but not really the athleticism factor. Central is bringing some young guns back from last year but it will be interesting to see who will replace the go to scoring guard position that was held by Kristian Smith. The rest of this district is gonna be battling for that fourth and final spot. Plus I hear that the Collins kid from Livingston might not even play this year so that will really make it wide open.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Baller 93" post="1281635" timestamp="1348588414"]
I believe it's gonna be a toss up between Central, Nederland, and Ozen just like last year. Central is gonna be good but I don't think they are gonna completely dominate. I see these teams splitting amongst each other like last year. Yeah Ozen is young but they will play hard and with all that speed it's gonna make them seem better. Nederland as the experience but not really the athleticism factor. Central is bringing some young guns back from last year but it will be interesting to see who will replace the go to scoring guard position that was held by Kristian Smith. The rest of this district is gonna be battling for that fourth and final spot. Plus I hear that the [b]Collins kid from Livingston might not even play this year so that will really make it wide open[/b].
[/quote]If that's the case, PNG may take that 4th spot. AJ Smith returns from last year, and I expect his foot work has improved. PNG played Ned, Central, and Ozen very tough last year. They did lose Nelson, but I believe they return a few Lettermen. Anyone know?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476