College World Series

[quote name="baddog" post="1230227" timestamp="1339544171"]
South Carolina
[/quote]

Back to Back defending Champs are hard to pick against.  Tough opening matchup with #1 overall seed Florida, but there are no easy games in Omaha.  I can't wait for Saturday!

Imo Florida is definitely the most talented team in Omaha( Just like they were last year) so they are the favorite. My dark horse is Arizona, they play solid fundamental baseball and have a very good defense. I don't know if Arizona has enough pitching depth to win the whole thing tho. With that said I will definitely be routing for Stoney Brook this week. They are just to good a story to rout against.

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1230551" timestamp="1339681357"]
[quote author=Cat22 link=topic=100516.msg1230541#msg1230541 date=1339677832]
Seawolves!
[/quote]Thats who I want to win...But I think the gators will be hard to beat
[/quote]

They put a whoopin on the Florida team they played!  Lol

The CWS is my favorite sporting event of the year.  My wife and kids laugh at me, but I try to block off the whole time and watch as many games as possible.  This year has been especially good, and this finals has been a blast to watch.  Two very good teams, and excellent baseball being played on both sides.  I don't think people appreciate defensive struggles, but these have really been worth watching.

[quote name="Chester86" post="1232812" timestamp="1340676964"]
The CWS is my favorite sporting event of the year.  My wife and kids laugh at me, but I try to block off the whole time and watch as many games as possible.  This year has been especially good, and this finals has been a blast to watch.  Two very good teams, and excellent baseball being played on both sides.  I don't think people appreciate defensive struggles, but these have really been worth watching.
[/quote]

I am with you all the way...CWS is a true classic. As you stated, two very good teams in the finals this year with excellent pitching and defense.
If you have never attended the CWS, you should go.

[quote name="Chester86" post="1232920" timestamp="1340746359"]
Tried talking our kids into playing our world series in Omaha this year.  I was met with a whole host of "No's!"  They all said they didn't want to go where there was nothing but cornfields.  I'll talk my wife into it eventually.
[/quote]

Much more than cornfields during the CWS  ;)...I can't wait to see the new venue. Stay in Council Bluffs if you make it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124