Barbers Hill vs. Brenham Predictions

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1222388" timestamp="1337096945"]
I don't have any skin in this series.....I really like Durant and cannot stand Kobe or Artest
[/quote]

I don't really like the Laker's, but I like Kobe just because he's so exciting to watch.  Not a fan of OKC, cuz I feel like they have too many bandwagon fans.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1222392" timestamp="1337097191"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=99950.msg1222388#msg1222388 date=1337096945]
I don't have any skin in this series.....I really like Durant and cannot stand Kobe or Artest
[/quote]

Most those "bandwagon" fans are really Texas Longhorns who are following Durant around like puppy dogs.  The others are just ticked because wrestling is over and there is nothing else to do in that God Forsaken state but noddle for catfish and put money in a toll booth.  ;D

I don't really like the Laker's, but I like Kobe just because he's so exciting to watch.  Not a fan of OKC, cuz I feel like they have too many bandwagon fans.
[/quote]

OH, P.S. BH in Two  6-2  and 7-5  Stinky-Finger Out

Maybe I'm just underestimating Barbers Hill but it seems to me that the Cubs played a much tougher schedule this season.  I tend to think the Eagles won't show the Cubs anything they haven't seen already.  I'll take the Cubs in 2.

[quote name="ricko" post="1222541" timestamp="1337123340"]
Maybe I'm just underestimating Barbers Hill but it seems to me that the Cubs played a much tougher schedule this season.  I tend to think the Eagles won't show the Cubs anything they haven't seen already.  I'll take the Cubs in 2.
[/quote]

I tend to think you are confused.  Hasn't Brenham seen Magnolia already twice this season and didn't y'all have a SPLIT decision on the season?  Barbers Hill has seen Magnolia twice this season as well and they didn't SPLIT ... they won 'em both.

[quote name="Papaw_Hill" post="1222658" timestamp="1337148085"]
[quote author=ricko link=topic=99950.msg1222541#msg1222541 date=1337123340]
[/quote]

I tend to think you are confused.  Hasn't Brenham seen Magnolia already twice this season and didn't y'all have a SPLIT decision on the season?  Barbers Hill has seen Magnolia twice this season as well and they didn't SPLIT ... they won 'em both.
[/quote]

Is that really your logic?  I think he meant an overall tougher schedule.  A tougher district, and a tougher schedule before district.  Which I agree was tougher than BH's.  Not saying that makes us better, but we are battle tested.

[quote name="Papaw_Hill" post="1222658" timestamp="1337148085"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

In the words of GCMPats, "congratulations, you beat the 3rd place team from our district.  They were 3rd for a reason".

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1222660" timestamp="1337149192"]
[quote author=Papaw_Hill link=topic=99950.msg1222658#msg1222658 date=1337148085]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that really your logic?  I think he meant an overall tougher schedule.  A tougher district, and a tougher schedule before district.  Which I agree was tougher than BH's.  Not saying that makes us better, but we are battle tested.
[/quote]

I totally understand and didn't mean to get the pot stirred, just making sure that NO ONE is underestimating the boys from Mont Belvieu.  Logic would be to look at the game results from the teams that both teams have played, right?

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1222661" timestamp="1337149957"]
[quote author=Papaw_Hill link=topic=99950.msg1222658#msg1222658 date=1337148085]
[/quote]

[/quote]

In the words of GCMPats, "congratulations, you beat the 3rd place team from our district.  They were 3rd for a reason".
[/quote]

That third place Magnolia team was actually 1-1 with Brenham on the season this year, so not quite getting your point. 

The Mont Belvieu boys beat them twice and are 2-2 on the season with Magnolia, so ...... Facts are Facts and we aren't talking about last year or twenty years before this .... It's about this year and that third place team beat you guys once already.

[quote name="Papaw_Hill" post="1222662" timestamp="1337150318"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=99950.msg1222660#msg1222660 date=1337149192]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I totally understand and didn't mean to get the pot stirred, just making sure that NO ONE is underestimating the boys from Mont Belvieu.  Logic would be to look at the game results from the teams that both teams have played, right?
[/quote]

Not in baseball.  You lose games.  One of the worst teams in our district beat Montgomery 11-0 & Magnolia 2-0.  That doesn't make them better.  Brenham baseball doesn't underestimate anybody.  (Especially a team with the talent BH has) Our coaches will have the boys ready, and I guess after this series, we'll know who is the better team this year.  Good luck, & let the best team win....

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1222661" timestamp="1337149957"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BF -  I have always respected your comments and your knowledge, But quite frankly, Your arrogance is really starting to annoy me.  You carry on like if you aren't an athlete in Brenham, Then you aint s_ _ t.  You say that your pre district schedule was tougher than BH, And that Brenham is battle tested.  Well our pre district schedule wasn't no walk in the park either brother. We played 3 of the current top 10 5A state ranked teams. one of which we beat. We played other very talented 4A and 5A teams as well. I believe we could say that we are battle tested as well.  Here lately every time I read one of your posts, you say something like " congrats BH. you beat are little brother, But now you get us " .  Like we are supposed to be scared or something.  Or  "  The road to State goes through Brenham ".  Don't get me wrong, I know you are a dedicated fan, And I still respect that.  Your arrogance is just a liitle over the top !!!!

[quote name="Papaw_Hill" post="1222663" timestamp="1337150829"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=99950.msg1222661#msg1222661 date=1337149957]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That third place Magnolia team was actually 1-1 with Brenham on the season this year, so not quite getting your point. 

The Mont Belvieu boys beat them twice and are 2-2 on the season with Magnolia, so ...... Facts are Facts and we aren't talking about last year or twenty years before this .... It's about this year and that third place team beat you guys once already.
[/quote]

They beat us once and still finished 3 games behind us.  We also lost to our district's 4th place team, Magnolia West. (Which is still playing) I'm aware that it's about this year and not about our previous success, but our team has been successful this year too.  With that being said, were still playing and adding on to our history!

[quote name="EAGLE BLUE" post="1222665" timestamp="1337151088"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=99950.msg1222661#msg1222661 date=1337149957]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BF -  I have always respected your comments and your knowledge, But quite frankly, Your arrogance is really starting to annoy me.  You carry on like if you aren't an athlete in Brenham, Then you aint s_ _ t.  You say that your pre district schedule was tougher than BH, And that Brenham is battle tested.  Well our pre district schedule wasn't no walk in the park either brother. We played 3 of the current top 10 5A state ranked teams. one of which we beat. We played other very talented 4A and 5A teams as well. I believe we could say that we are battle tested as well.  Here lately every time I read one of your posts, you say something like " congrats BH. you beat are little brother, But now you get us " .  Like we are supposed to be scared or something.  Or  "  The road to State goes through Brenham ".  Don't get me wrong, I know you are a dedicated fan, And I still respect that.  Your arrogance is just a liitle over the top !!!!
[/quote]

You don't have to like me or my post...  I promise it won't make me or break me.  See you at the game...

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1222667" timestamp="1337151842"]
[quote author=EAGLE BLUE link=topic=99950.msg1222665#msg1222665 date=1337151088]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You don't have to like me or my post...  I promise it won't make me or break me.  See you at the game...
[/quote]
I figured you would come back with something about like that ! 

BTW, I say that stuff talking trash in friendly manner.  I try not to put any other teams down, so I don't think it's a big deal.  I'm just having fun.  Trust me, when we lose, I hear about it.  Which is perfectly understandable. (Even if I'm a good sport about losing)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1222669" timestamp="1337152731"]
BTW, I say that stuff talking trash in friendly way.  I try not to put any other teams down, so I don't think it's a big deal.  I'm just having fun.  Trust me, when we lose, I hear about it.  Which is perfectly understandable. (Even if I'm a good sport about losing)
[/quote]

Honestly, I don't care !  You are a dedicated fan.  Myself, I don't give two hoots about Brenham athletics.  I know they have a strong team.  All I care about is playing the series with no injuries or incidents.  As you stated earlier, We will find out who the best team is.  Win or lose, We are just as proud of our Eagles as you are of your Cubbies !!!

[quote name="EAGLE BLUE" post="1222670" timestamp="1337153305"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=99950.msg1222669#msg1222669 date=1337152731]
BTW, I say that stuff talking trash in friendly way.  I try not to put any other teams down, so I don't think it's a big deal.  I'm just having fun.  Trust me, when we lose, I hear about it.  Which is perfectly understandable. (Even if I'm a good sport about losing)
[/quote]

Honestly, I don't care !  You are a dedicated fan.  Myself, I don't give two hoots about Brenham athletics.  I know they have a strong team.  All I care about is playing the series with no injuries or incidents.  As you stated earlier, We will find out who the best team is.  Win or lose, We are just as proud of our Eagles as you are of your Cubbies !!!
[/quote]

Sounds good to me....  Travel safely.

[quote name="Papaw_Hill" post="1222662" timestamp="1337150318"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=99950.msg1222660#msg1222660 date=1337149192]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Heck, Papaw....I hope those Cubbies from Brenham underestimate us until the cows come on.  ;)

[quote name="EAGLE BLUE" post="1222665" timestamp="1337151088"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BF -  I have always respected your comments and your knowledge, [b]But quite frankly, Your arrogance is really starting to annoy me. [/b]  You carry on like if you aren't an athlete in Brenham, Then you aint s_ _ t.  You say that your pre district schedule was tougher than BH, And that Brenham is battle tested.  Well our pre district schedule wasn't no walk in the park either brother. We played 3 of the current top 10 5A state ranked teams. one of which we beat. We played other very talented 4A and 5A teams as well. I believe we could say that we are battle tested as well.  Here lately every time I read one of your posts, you say something like " congrats BH. you beat are little brother, But now you get us " .  Like we are supposed to be scared or something.  Or  "  The road to State goes through Brenham ".  Don't get me wrong, I know you are a dedicated fan, And I still respect that.  Your arrogance is just a liitle over the top !!!!
[/quote]

Honestly,

You may be the only one on here who feels that way about Brenhamfan.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1222697" timestamp="1337170500"]
[quote author=EAGLE BLUE link=topic=99950.msg1222665#msg1222665 date=1337151088]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BF -  I have always respected your comments and your knowledge, [b]But quite frankly, Your arrogance is really starting to annoy me. [/b]  You carry on like if you aren't an athlete in Brenham, Then you aint s_ _ t.  You say that your pre district schedule was tougher than BH, And that Brenham is battle tested.  Well our pre district schedule wasn't no walk in the park either brother. We played 3 of the current top 10 5A state ranked teams. one of which we beat. We played other very talented 4A and 5A teams as well. I believe we could say that we are battle tested as well.  Here lately every time I read one of your posts, you say something like " congrats BH. you beat are little brother, But now you get us " .  Like we are supposed to be scared or something.  Or  "  The road to State goes through Brenham ".  Don't get me wrong, I know you are a dedicated fan, And I still respect that.  Your arrogance is just a liitle over the top !!!!
[/quote]

Honestly,

[/quote]

No he isn't.......Brenham, aggy and Miami Thugs.........there are 3 strikes right there

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Honestly,

[/quote]

Shhhhhhhh.......  Don't tell people that!  I am counting my chickens that he will get more smites than me before football season.... ;D ;D ;D

I think Paw-Pa needs a lesson about board smack talk....man, he's all fired up.  ;D

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1222703" timestamp="1337172177"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=99950.msg1222697#msg1222697 date=1337170500]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Honestly,

[/quote]

No he isn't.......Brenham, aggy and Miami Thugs.........there are 3 strikes right there
[/quote]

lol...You certainly do have a valid point.  ;D

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1222714" timestamp="1337173496"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=99950.msg1222697#msg1222697 date=1337170500]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Honestly,

[/quote]

Shhhhhhhh.......  Don't tell people that!  I am counting my chickens that he will get more smites than me before football season.... ;D ;D ;D

I think Paw-Pa needs a lesson about board smack talk....man, he's all fired up.  ;D
[/quote]

It just would not seem right if you were not the King of Smite.

Guest UHCoog14
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Honestly,

[/quote]

Aside from his lack of fashion, he seems OK.

I think that if most people met the "people" behind the screen names, they would be shocked to find out that we are not a bunch of a-holes. (We just play one online)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83