Official 2012 Texas Rangers Thread

after giving up 4 in the 1st, Darvish gave up only 1 in his final 4 2/3, and retired 10 or 11 in a row at one point.  i can understand the nerves, and the way he bounced back makes me excited.  in line for the win in spite of his poor start to the game.

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1213837" timestamp="1335127445"]
The RANGERS win 3-2 in 11 innings today.  Get the winning run home by the squeeze.  TEXAS takes the series 3-1.  The yankees come to town starting Monday for a 3 game series.
[/quote]

i believe the rangers just went 8-1 on a roadtrip that took them through boston and detroit!  they're by far the best team in the league right now.

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1220798" timestamp="1336754129"]
OK, the RANGERS stop the series losing skid at 3 by taking 3 of 4 from baltimore.  Seems like they are hitting the ball well and it couldn't come at a better time with the angels coming to TEXAS!!!
[/quote]

isn't it funny how the angels are terrible, and at the bottom of the division, and they're still the ones we worry about.  i still put more emphasis on their results than the A's, who are much closer in the standings.

Yes, I know what you mean.  I don't consider oakland or seattle as threats.  The angels have started slow but they have the tools to be a serious contender.  They will get hot somewhere throughout the season, I just hope the RANGERS have a big enough lead to hold them off.

Nelson Cruz just hit a grandslam to give the RANGERS a 6-2 lead.  The annoucers started talking about the TEXAS line-up.  In my opinion this is, not only, the best line-up in the league but also the best line-up ever!!!  The only true argument that I get is the reds, Big Red Machine.  I'm 35 years old so I haven't seen as much baseball as some.  Is this truly the greatest line-up ever?

• 1 month later...
52-34 going into the all star break with 8 all stars and 4 games ahead of a peaking Los Angeles Angels of Anahiem team things seem to be looking good for these guys at this point. From a pitching stand point things are looking much better at this point than I personally believe anyone expected. With a team ERA of 3.72 that ranks third in the American League behind the Oakland Athletics and LA Angels. Matt Harrison up to this point is 11-4 with a 3.10 ERA, Yu Darvish 10-5 with a 3.59 ERA not to mention 117 K's. Offensively Hamilton has hit 27 Homers(Tied for first in MLB), knocked in 75 runs(1st in MLB), And an OPS of 1.087 (Third in MLB). The rest of the rangers bat are sort of quiet to this point other than Beltre 326 Average, 15 Homers, and 54 ribbies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83