Nederland @ LCM Predictions

[quote name="Bear Country" post="1205596" timestamp="1333462518"]
When LCM can hit they will score some runs, But when they are slumping they may just put one up on the board. I'll let ya know after i hear how the first inning goes. I gotta see which Bears show up.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say their team is slumping. It's probably due to facing good pitching.

Just heard game is cancelled and moved to wed.Nederland has a dry field and is ready to play but Griff does not want to give up home field advantage.My question is if PNG and Central are switching fields and moving up game times why are NED and LCM not doing the same thing.LCM would get the last home game of the season.Playing wed. is a joke! If  you have looked at the weather.Could it be that LCM is trying to back the game up into the holiday weekend in hopes that NED will save Brown for PNG on tues.Should not be able to cancel a game if the other team has a dry field.

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1205686" timestamp="1333474306"]
Just heard game is cancelled and moved to wed.Nederland has a dry field and is ready to play but Griff does not want to give up home field advantage.My question is if PNG and Central are switching fields and moving up game times why are NED and LCM not doing the same thing.LCM would get the last home game of the season.Playing wed. is a joke! If  you have looked at the weather.Could it be that LCM is trying to back the game up into the holiday weekend in hopes that NED will save Brown for PNG on tues.Should not be able to cancel a game if the other team has a dry field.
[/quote]

LCM needs this win. I'm not saying they are slumping but losing 3 straight after starting 4-0 in district may cause reason for concern. IMO nothing wrong with Griff wanting to keep the home/away schedule as it was set. I'm sure there is a legitimate reason to move the game to tomorrow, otherwise this would be a reoccurring issue and a much bigger problem.

I'm going with LCM 5-3 considering the Bears are able to get into the bullpen for more than one inning. If Brown goes 7, Ned may pull it out...

If LCM's field was to wet to play on.Why was it ok for LCM varsity to practice on it today.People had visual of them doing so from a middle school track meet at LCM.I guess it is fair to send your sub varsity teams to the opposing teams field and then hold a practice on a field that is to wet to play on.NED varsity can't practice because sub-varsity playing on NED's dry field while LCM's varsity gains a extra day of practice on a field that is to wet to play a real game on.Is this fair play!

According to the kids, home plate was playable, mound playable, but infield dirt unplayable. They were not able to practice on infield dirt today as you make it sound like.

I was also told they were trying to just get loose in outfield grass in pe class and were shut down on that by more rain showers today around 1:30.

Practice was taking place at 4;45 today.LCM has pulled off a retreat and regroup strategy.In the process turned the tough schedule over to NED.NEDERLAND will play Vidor,LCM and PNG in a six day period.Then face Livingston three days later.Can't believe LCM is getting away with not playing tonight when everyone else in the district did play.I hope bad karma lands on LCM for these underhanded actions.Unlike LCM ,I am sure the Dogs will play the schedule that is handed to them.Show them how to fight like a BULLDOG!

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1206044" timestamp="1333506907"]
Practice was taking place at 4;45 today.LCM has pulled off a retreat and regroup strategy.In the process turned the tough schedule over to NED.NEDERLAND will play Vidor,LCM and PNG in a six day period.Then face Livingston three days later.Can't believe LCM is getting away with not playing tonight when everyone else in the district did play.I hope bad karma lands on LCM for these underhanded actions.Unlike LCM ,I am sure the Dogs will play the schedule that is handed to them.Show them how to fight like a BULLDOG!
[/quote]
If the field wasn't playable, then it wasn't playable. LCM will be hungry in this game after losing the last two, and since its at the Gib, LCM wins 5-4. Gonna be a good one.

When a coach is allowed to make the call on the field conditions,I am sure his judgement could be clouded to benefit his team.The district has pour rules IMO.If you can't play on your field you should have to play on theirs.A coach could turn on the water all night to make his field unplayable.Bull Durham!

Tues, Wed, It doesn't matter....Dogs are ready.

Any coach who doesn't do everything in power to help his team is NOT worthy of the title.

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1206057" timestamp="1333508601"]
When a coach is allowed to make the call on the field conditions,I am sure his judgement could be clouded to benefit his team.The district has pour rules IMO.If you can't play on your field you should have to play on theirs.A coach could turn on the water all night to make his field unplayable.Bull Durham!
[/quote]

Coaching is 90% luck and 50% brains.

Dogs pound LCM with Brown on mound.  I'm not over confident just know what Brown will do and what mind set LCM will be in. 

Dogs win! 

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1206057" timestamp="1333508601"]
[/quote]

I think someone is bitter that NED's coach isn't as smart as Griff.

[quote name="Bear Country" post="1206082" timestamp="1333511882"]
[quote author=scapegoat link=topic=98459.msg1206057#msg1206057 date=1333508601]
[/quote]

I think someone is bitter that NED's coach isn't as smart as Griff.
[/quote]

Naw Griff is just a coward.

where has the smart coach griff been during 3 game losing streak?every part of field was playable but infield dirt,that s**t is funny.a few bags of diamond dry & a little work & infield dirt would have been ready.

[quote name="kf89" post="1206092" timestamp="1333513029"]
where has the smart coach griff been during 3 game losing streak?every part of field was playable but infield dirt,that s**t is funny.a few bags of diamond dry & a little work & infield dirt would have been ready.
[/quote]

We got another bitter fan, why are y'all so concerned if y'all are going to "mop" the floor against us? the game got moved back one day so what. 

[quote name="Bear Country" post="1206109" timestamp="1333543518"]
[quote author=kf89 link=topic=98459.msg1206092#msg1206092 date=1333513029]
[/quote]

We got another bitter fan, why are y'all so concerned if y'all are going to "mop" the floor against us? the game got moved back one day so what.
[/quote]
I totally agree. If Brown and the Bulldogs are gonna dominate anyways, what does it matter that the game is moved back one day??

Weather was predicted to be worse on wed. than tues. Which would move the game to the weekend.It would have made it very tough on Nederland.Would have allowed the bears to get the bad taste of Lion out of their system with a win on Thur.Then face the Dogs on Friday.Game should have been played at Nederland yesterday.Why do the wright thing today and not yesterday?IMO I think he was banking on getting thru tues. there would be nowhere to play on wed. according to the forcaste.Funny how the weather worked out today! You know what they say about Karma! 

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1206231" timestamp="1333559299"]
Weather was predicted to be worse on wed. than tues. Which would move the game to the weekend.It would have made it very tough on Nederland.Would have allowed the bears to get the bad taste of Lion out of their system with a win on Thur.Then face the Dogs on Friday.Game should have been played at Nederland yesterday.Why do the [color=yellow]wright[/color] thing today and not yesterday?IMO I think he was banking on getting thru tues. there would be nowhere to play on wed. according to the forcaste.Funny how the weather worked out today! You know what they say about Karma! 
[/quote]

Wright?? last time i checked they invented a plane... Stop dogging Griffs Judgement, Obviously LCM's field wasn't playable. Quit Whining and play the game

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics