PA's J'Covan Brown declares for NBA draft

If he isn't being looked at in the first round then he should stay in school and get his degree.  I hope he is getting good advice.  He has really improved over the past three years.  Just watching him play this year, he didn't strike me as a NBA player yet.

[quote name="bballgod" post="1200382" timestamp="1332422361"]
If he isn't being looked at in the first round then he should stay in school and get his degree.  I hope he is getting good advice.  He has really improved over the past three years.  Just watching him play this year, he didn't strike me as a NBA player yet.
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1200549" timestamp="1332445103"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=97861.msg1200542#msg1200542 date=1332444349]
He'll be okay.
[/quote]

Yes he will. Can manufacture points and make plays for others as well as anybody else in the draft
[/quote] yep!And the G.P.A. to match;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1200564" timestamp="1332446377"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=97861.msg1200549#msg1200549 date=1332445103]
He'll be okay.
[/quote]

Yes he will. Can manufacture points and make plays for others as well as anybody else in the draft
[/quote]

Dove- Since Mr. Browns high school career took place mainly at Kelly (equivalent to about a 3-a public school) how did he achieve all of this without playing "real basketball"?

J'covan has improved every year at Texas.  He definitely has NBA skills.  He can score, shoot, great passer, and handles very well with both hands.  He has a very high basketball IQ.  He is ready in my opinion.  And this is from a guy who didn't think he would last this long at Texas.  He has really matured mentally and physically. Congrats J'covan.  Way to prove a lot of people wrong. 

[quote name="stevenash" post="1200640" timestamp="1332454545"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=97861.msg1200564#msg1200564 date=1332446377]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=97861.msg1200549#msg1200549 date=1332445103]
He'll be okay.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Dove- Since Mr. Browns high school career took place mainly at Kelly (equivalent to about a 3-a public school) how did he achieve all of this without playing "real basketball"?
[/quote] Read what Aces-Full says about Brown. Brown was gifted with his talent long before he hit Kelly.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1200919" timestamp="1332474172"]
He played his final two years in 5A Nash....
[/quote]

Maybe I got it wrong but I was thinking he played as a sophomore and junior at Kelly and spent his senior season at Memorial but missed a good portion of that season.

Played his junior season and half of his senior season at Memorial....If I recall, there were SEVERAL on this VERY BOARD that said he "would never wear a Texas uniform" or "he will be home in Port Arthur"...and ONLY one of them on here has admitted what they said and apologized....Any one else wanna "man up"? ::) 8)

I was very skeptical about him coming out of high school. Never doubted his baskeball skills but his attitude on the court.He has grown up in Austin which is a credit to both he and Coach Barnes.I'm sure he has a ton of folks advising him but I hope he stays at UT one more season.If he improves as much this off season as he did last off season his draft status would definitely improve.UT produces some great NBA players but they have also had some recently who came out to early. Just curious what his degree field is? A diploma from the 40 acres could open some doors off the hardwood.

• 2 weeks later...
Just seen latest updates:
Longhorn guard J’Covan Brown will forego his senior season and enter the NBA draft, he announced today.

“There were a lot of reasons to come back to school next year, most importantly getting my degree and being around my teammates every day,” Brown said in a statement. “But the time has come for me to pursue a career in professional basketball and take care of my daughter, Jordyn.”
Nearly two weeks ago, the American-Statesman and other news outlets reported that Brown would leave for the draft, the Statesman citing an NBA source. Brown issued a statement in response indicating that no decision had been made.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder