Channelview vs. Baytown Sterling Game Thread/Channelview wins 15-3!

Sterling        3

Channelview  15      final

Channelview scored early and Sterling had a chance to get back in the game a few times but couldnt get the clutch hit with bases loaded, and we just left to many runners on base throughout the game.  Sterling just needs the bats to crank up as a team and just keep working on improving as the season goes on. 

This will be my one and only post and is directed at GCMPats. I appreciate and understand that everyone has an opinion. Hate a team or love a team, it should be kept at that. When you single a player out and make a snide remark I take offense. I believe that everyone posting has a child that is playing or has played before and there is a level of respect you keep, especially if you are who I believe you to be. BEAST is a high school kid who hasn't done anything to you and is doing his best on what you called a "sub 500 team." He is proud of his team and works hard to battle for that team. He is allowed to pick whatever walkup song he wants and if that pumps him up, who are you to judge his choice? Well hopefully you will continue to attend our games with a new level of respect and remember these kids belong to parents who love them dearly.

Guest UHCoog14
I do respect ability. Kid has all the ability on the world. Has nothing to do with that. IMO it was a little over the top. In no way was it a personal attack, simply an observation.

I apologize if my comments came across in that way. Sterling is a very young team with a bright future. My comments were meant to protect, not attack. Baseball is a brutal and unforgiving sport from a mental standpoint. Because of this, I believe that putting more pressure on a young, talented player than is necessary can often be detrimental.

Do not let the username fool you. I am a Ranger to my core and want them to be successful in everything they do.

I'm going to have get GCMPats back on this one. He/Her would in no way ever ridicule a player. The point made on the added pressure put on a player by announcing him by his nickname can backfire in many ways. This is a "team" game and when your team is 0-2 in district and in the process of going to 0-3 via a 15-3 thrashing, now is the time to be a little more humble. I'm sure the other district foes are already aware of the nickname and their dugouts will be ruthless from here on out. The boy is good and letting his skills talk would speak louder than anything. Just my opinion.

This guy doing the names in the press box should know when to stop that...and yes I have been in the dugout with these Highschool boys and they are pretty mean to kids...This game is not good to guys with thin skin.But believe me I know that kid we are talking about and it will not be a problem for him..He is a great baller..But parents please don't get upset when fans critisis your kids on a "forum".Its just that a "forum"...As they get older it gets worse and if he gets the privledge to play in the next level..It gets worse...AND THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

I agree the boy we are talking about will not let other peoples opinions or words affect him, he has always let hard work and his play speak for him and i know he will continue to help Sterlng this year and years to come.  But believe me right now at 0-3 in district and trying to find away to get our first win, nicknames are the last thing we are concerned with right now.  Sterling has some good things going for them and of course plenty areas to improve on and hopefully as the season goes on we can put it all together . 

TEAM CHEMISTRY...homie....At the most part they are all new "together"..It's gonna take some time BUT quit a few of them are seniors so time needs to come now..But this Sterling team is a stronger sterling team I have seen in a minute.And this goes out to alot of other teams and believe me I have been to plenty of games..I know most if not all of Steling team and right now they are trying to do TO MUCH.They need to slow the game down and play BASEBALL like we know they can.Good luck Rangers...

[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="1198739" timestamp="1332026892"]
This guy doing the names in the press box should know when to stop that...and yes I have been in the dugout with these Highschool boys and they are pretty mean to kids...This game is not good to guys with thin skin.But believe me I know that kid we are talking about and it will not be a problem for him..He is a great baller..But parents please don't get upset when fans critisis your kids on a "forum".Its just that a "forum"...As they get older it gets worse and if he gets the privledge to play in the next level..It gets worse...AND THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
[/quote]

The guy in the press box doing the names uses the names that are given to him. They are either nick names the kids grew up with or in this case a name that the parent requested to be announced in fun to add to the enjoyment of the experience. I don't remember that name ever being announced for him last year however or the kids ever calling him by that name. Obviously a case where this one may not have been the best choice. As stated previously, it is a cruel world, if you don't want or cannot handle the attention you create in bad times then don't try to claim it in the good times. And that is not meant to the kids but for the parents. Baseball is humbling at best. Maybe a team approach to a team game would produce a better result.
Just saying!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami