Bridge City team is only area team in state rankings

[quote name="Puma concolor" post="1197996" timestamp="1331904217"]
I thought Bridge City's record would be 9-2-1.  This Beaumont Surprise article does not show them to have a tie.  Buna and Bridge City played to a 4-4 tie in the Orangefield Tournament. 
[/quote]

I don't recognize ties in my season results either.  To me, a game has not ended if the result is a tie, therefore it is a no contest as far as I am concerned.

I realize in tournaments there are situations where the game has to cease with that circumstance.  But I am sorry, like crying, there are no ties in baseball.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1198001" timestamp="1331904620"]
[quote author=Puma concolor link=topic=97611.msg1197996#msg1197996 date=1331904217]
I thought Bridge City's record would be 9-2-1.  This Beaumont Surprise article does not show them to have a tie.  Buna and Bridge City played to a 4-4 tie in the Orangefield Tournament. 
[/quote]

I don't recognize ties in my season results either.  To me, a game has not ended if the result is a tie, therefore it is a no contest as far as I am concerned.

I realize in tournaments there are situations where the game has to cease with that circumstance.  But I am sorry, like crying, there are no ties in baseball.
[/quote]
I understand your thinking and agree with your comments.  I notice on the UIL website that 2 teams playing last year in the State Baseball Tournament had records that showed ties. 

The UIL does recognize a tie but its the local boards decision not to recognize it.  Im not going to complain about the tie not recognized, everyone involved knows there is a tie and Grad does am excelent job at keeping all of us updated with scores and standings so if he dont want to recognize it im cool with it

The fact that BC is playing as well as they are and are ranked as high as they says plenty. The fact that they are doing it while missing some very key players is even more impressive. When completely healthy they should be fun to watch.

Rake1

[quote name="Javelina" post="1198079" timestamp="1331915607"]
The UIL does recognize a tie but its the local boards decision not to recognize it.  Im not going to complain about the tie not recognized, everyone involved knows there is a tie and Grad does am excelent job at keeping all of us updated with scores and standings so if he dont want to recognize it im cool with it
[/quote]

Well not that stats matter except for us fans and maybe scouts, but if you don't count the tie you shouldn't count the stats either.  I'd say give the kids their hits, homers, strikeouts etc. and count the tie.

[quote name="rounder17" post="1198221" timestamp="1331927402"]
What is it with Buna people? Why do they think they always deserve credit for their program? 90% of the arguing on this forum is from Buna. Get over yourselves and play baseball.
[/quote]
Lol.....hater

[quote name="rounder17" post="1198221" timestamp="1331927402"]
What is it with Buna people? Why do they think they always deserve credit for their program? 90% of the arguing on this forum is from Buna. Get over yourselves and play baseball.
[/quote]

Dang. Sounds like somebody needs a hug. Haha  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124