New 2A-1A PRIVATE Mar. 12

[quote name="sport1971" post="1196110" timestamp="1331568208"]
Wow...Kountze and Warren still on top.  I know...Kountze and Warren have not played the schedule.  Well this week will tell the tale!
[/quote]

Hmmmm..... where do you see Kountze and Warren at the top?

Beaumont Kelly and Woodville are still ranked #1 and #2.

I think the bigger question here should be Hemphill at #10.  Besides for the Hemphill Tournament in which they basically run ruled their way through the competition, including an 11-3 win vs. West Sabine at #9, Hemphill has most likely played the toughest schedule thus far of any 2A in this poll.  2 losses coming from #6 Silsbee and 1 from #10 Jasper - and tying #13 Vidor in the Jasper Tournament 5-5.  In fact, the only 2 losses they have against a 2A or under opponent have both come from a tough Crockett team. 

In no means am I saying that Hemphill should be #1... but seriously, underneath West Sabine??  Hemphill does a fantastic job keeping up with their record/stats using pressbox services - perhaps we should better educate ourselves before publishing these rankings. 

[quote name="Walk off" post="1196116" timestamp="1331569621"]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Yep...even with the Woodville loss to Warren.
[/quote]
Yeah cuz 9-9 is a loss huh? The game ended in a tie due to the incident that happened that night. Warren advanced in tournament play by a forced forfeit. Warren did not beat Woodville lol

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1196313" timestamp="1331596651"]
[quote author=Walk off link=topic=97419.msg1196116#msg1196116 date=1331569621]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Yeah cuz 9-9 is a loss huh? The game ended in a tie due to the incident that happened that night. Warren advanced in tournament play by a forced forfeit. Warren did not beat Woodville lol
[/quote]
It's okay eagles. Warren just thinks they are hot stuff. Woodville is very deserving of their number 2 ranking. The Warren Warriors will be put in their place tomorrow night....

I do hope Buna puts up a better game than last year when a bunch of sophomores embarrassed them on their home field. As for WOODVILLE, a sophomore pitcher stymied you, got in your feelings and stole your cool. Your batter was called the third out after his stunt. 9-9. Tournament tie breaker is runners to third. WARREN had more. You lost. Get over it.

[quote name="Walk off" post="1196381" timestamp="1331602380"]
I do hope Buna puts up a better game than last year when a bunch of sophomores embarrassed them on their home field. As for WOODVILLE, a sophomore pitcher stymied you, got in your feelings and stole your cool. Your batter was called the third out after his stunt. 9-9. Tournament tie breaker is runners to third. WARREN had more. You lost. Get over it.
[/quote]
Yeah. 9 hits is also being stymied. Warren played great defense. Woodville drilled the ball and made a few errors. Yeah a TIE-breaker. What was the final score?? 9-9. Yeah that means a tie. They advanced. Thats it. No win or loss was involved for either team. And as for stealing our cool. You have no idea what your talking about lol all im saying. Like i said. Best of luck to Warren. I have nothing against people from down there.

[quote name="YMCMB" post="1196327" timestamp="1331597745"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=97419.msg1196313#msg1196313 date=1331596651]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
It's okay eagles. Warren just thinks they are hot stuff. Woodville is very deserving of their number 2 ranking. The Warren Warriors will be put in their place tomorrow night....
[/quote]

Regardless someone is gonna eat crow tomorrow

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1196383" timestamp="1331602663"]
No comment on that. I have friends down in Warren. Im just tired of people thinking they beat Woodville. That did not happen. Lol but i do wish Warren the best of luck against anybody except Woodville ;)
[/quote]
I agree. Was one good game though. Just hated not seeing a real end to it. 9-9....just tells me close game and WOODVILLE couldn't put the young squad away. Looks real good for next year. Would love to see the match up with something on the line.

[quote name="utfan06" post="1196424" timestamp="1331605600"]
[quote author=YMCMB link=topic=97419.msg1196327#msg1196327 date=1331597745]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=97419.msg1196313#msg1196313 date=1331596651]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Regardless someone is gonna eat crow tomorrow
[/quote]Very true. I'm glad you said it. If Warren does beat us tomorrow then I will gladly eat my crow and go on about my rat killin....I just think they believe they will walk all over us

Buna is still the king of the hill in 24aa.They deserve that recognition after winning the title for many years.Warren still has a very key piece of their team sidelined with injury which makes their record pretty impressive.They played a pretty good Central Pollock squad last week and had an earlier game against Livingston rained out.I look for a good game tomorrow night in Buna.

I hear you Hornet18, It is hard to get respect without "blowing your horn over and over here".
West Sabine also went to Evadale and spanked them in the championship of their tournament 15 - 5 and Evadale still comes in at #7... They are still riding on their teams of the past in this poll.
Hemphill has a great young team that really plays some great ball on the diamond. You got all the respect in Sabine county. We know what we have year in and out here and we should just continue to do what we do. Let the polls do what they will do.
Good luck to the Hornets and Tigers as we start their tough district schedules.
BucketSitR

[quote name="Walk off" post="1196381" timestamp="1331602380"]
[/quote]

I LOVE it when a teams claim to fame is when they beat Buna [u]one[/u] time in district. Did you win district...no. How many times have you made playoffs in the last century? and then say "embarrased" on their home field. How about Buna playing in the 3rd round of playoffs last year while you were eating peanuts in the stands. Or warren being a doormat in every sport for 50+ years? Come on Man.

The Cougars aren't taking anybody lightly, trust me. They know they'll be facing a good team tonight against Warren. Should be a ball game. Good luck Cougs

[quote name="utfan06" post="1196573" timestamp="1331647003"]
[quote author=sport1971 link=topic=97419.msg1196563#msg1196563 date=1331645361]
Better save a little for Friday night for Kountze....That should be a great game!
[/quote]
Kountze vs Deweyville should be a good one tonight
[/quote]
Usually is when these two hookup, good luck and hope to see you this evening.

Just a clear up of the Woodville/Warren game.  Warren advancing was not the result of any tiebreaker or not even a forfeit.  The decision to allow Warren to advance was a decision made by Woodville AD Steve Fentress after the incident which halted the game.

Thank you, Coach Fentress for clearing that up for me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124