What is the funniest thing you've ever seen happen at a baseball game?

Yet another one....LL mom in stands yells as her son strike outs on an extremely HIGH pitch,  "THAT'S NOT a STrike, UMP."  She really gets madder as her son walks with his head down, back to the dugout....

"Ump, you're terrible.  That was a ball!!!!  That was not a strike!!!"

She got more worked up as the umpire really tried to ignore her....

Finally, the ump quietly walked up the fence close to where she was sitting and said,"Ma'am, he swung at it and missed"

She didn't say another word, realizing that her son had swung at the High pitch....

As the old saying, better to go down swinging, than standing and looking.  No one has ever hit a baseball looking at the ball going by and not swinging a bat...well, that's another story...

Years ago you didn't pay base umpires in LL, they came from the stands.

My day to volunteer, was at 1B. Pop up behind first and I followed the ball and since it was fair I gave the hand signal for fair ball.

After the game I see a mom from the losing team make a bee line to me as I exited the field. "You are a cheater and cost us the game. I seen you point your runner to second base on that ball hit close to the line"

I was coaching my sons lil league team when he was 8 and I argued a call the blue had..I walked up to him and as soon as I got to him he handed me a card and it read"Pick a number..1,2 or 3.."
So I looked at him and he said"just pick a number"so I said 2.He turned the card over and it said "Dummies always pick 2"...All I could do is walk back to the dugout and smile...Dang BLUE!!!

I was umping a high school play off game a couple years a go when the batter leaned back to get away from a high and tight fastball. The ball contacted something but I couldn't tell if it was the nub of the  bat or hand. I looked at the batter's face to see if he was in pain but got no read. I asked him "Tell the truth did it hit you or the bat"? He said "it hit the bat". I said ok, thanks be ready to tell your coach cus here he comes. I called it foul and the 3rd base coach comes charging. Now he's attempting to get his point across rather emphatically that it hit his player's hand. I kept saying "no sir, it hit the bat". After about two or three rounds of this I finaly said, coach ask your player. The player told him it hit the bat and then coach said "OH HE'S A LIAR, YOU CAN'T BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS!!....Great kid..still playing locally.

About 3 years ago we were playing in the PNG JV tournament against Nederland. There was a deep fly ball hit to right field and th kid who was out there is a very good athlete, not a very good baseball player. He is camped under the ball and just moves his glove to find the ball..... Of course the ball hits him right in the forehead and flattens him. The ball lands in between certer field and 2nd base. I went running out of the dugout to check on the kid and when I made it to him he was laughing. I told him it wasn't funny, and he asked if anyone caught it. We all laughed. He seemed to be ok. Or so we thought. About an inning later we hear him talking, funny thing was there was no one around him. He kept up a conversation with someone, but we still don't know who!

I was at a PNG-TJ game in the 60's to watch my cousin play for TJ.  Riley Girouard was behind the plate and Pat Hollomon was pitching.  Riley turns his back to the pitcher and bends over to dust the plate. Pat obviously wasn't looking and threw the ball to his catcher.  Only Riley was bending over.  Hit him square on his tailbone.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder