Shell Houston Open?

[quote name="aries456" post="1189341" timestamp="1330582838"]
Has anybody ever been? Never been to a pro tourney before and since it's the week before the Masters, figure it would be a great opportunity to see some of the world's best before Augusta.
[/quote]

I have been going every year since 1986. Love it!!

Got some connections over at Redstone so my set up is pretty sweet!

If you love golf, you will enjoy it. Worth the trip!

I usually try to go every year.  It is a great time and very fan friendly.  Following big named players is pretty tough, so you can either skip ahead a few holes and wait or follow some of the other pros.  Also wear some comfortable shoes, because you will be doing plenty of walking.

• 2 weeks later...
When will they release the list of players? Can't wait to go!!! Want to watch a few tee shots and then follow a few players... Any pros you've seen in person that is worth it to follow? I watch golf regularly so I'm familiar with most of the players, but just wondering who is worth it to follow in person.

To go back and see how the old El Dorado course layout is changed would be great.Dad was the club pro in the 60's and I played it alot working there in the summer and my bro ran the halfway house(sandwiches,chips,snacks,soda,brewski's.Used to have a fri.Florida scramble every week in the summer.Home course to UH Coog golf team then.Old man Ginther's 2 boys had some wild parties after hours as I watched from my room above the clubhouse.Lakes were loaded w/bass and big bullfrogs and we dived for balls @ night and the pro shop paid us for used cleaned balls.Party $$ for clubbing @ La Maisson/Taylor Hall.Those were the days when Maxfli red dot was the #1 selling ball and you could buy a sleeve of 80 compression Acushnet Club Specials $2.00 +tax that would bite and back up on those great greens.Gas wars then we pd. 17 cents a gallon.How times have changed as I saw a deal (cheap) for a rd. for 4 on the members course for $400 incl cart.ouch 8) 8) ;D :o

• 3 weeks later...
Well, got there this morning right in time to see Chris Stroud finish his front 9 and luckily he was playing in group in front of one of the "big" groups with McDowell/Westwood/Bradley so that was cool... Wasn't a whole lot of people out there until Phil got started. Was able to watch him play 1 hole, then waited for Els/Kim/Schwartzel and almost got hit by Ernie's drive. He was about to hit his shot and they blew the horn and not too long after that had to wait under one of the port a poddy tents for 2 and a half hours only for play to be cancelled for the day  >:(

Was a fun experience though and plan on going next year! Going on Thursday is definitely the way to go, hardly anybody there, could get as close to the guys as I wanted... Pretty cool

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin