Yates 99 Manvel 58

BADSANTA

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1187755" timestamp="1330467616"]
Lincoln never recruite. And yes TJ did beat them in 99. I was at Mardi Gras when word got out and people were shocked. My dad had a shop on Houston Ave. growing up and the joke was as good as Lincoln was there were even better street ballers near Carver Terrace playing on the court that never went to school.
[/quote]
No. Lincoln went to Austin in 99 when Coach Gamble came back out of retirement for that year...in 2000, TJ beat Lincoln to go to state...They were blown out in the semis...

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1187091" timestamp="1330394519"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=96657.msg1187079#msg1187079 date=1330393907]
Yates recruits plain and simple simple and plain like i said in a earlier post I knew Xavier (who played on the 2008-2009 state championship team) personally and he was from LUFKIN originally and just so happen to go makes his way all the way to 3rd explain this to me DICKIE V please
[/quote]
What if the kid MOVED to that area from Lufkin? If you are talking about Xavier Robertson, he DID move less than a mile from the school as a FRESHMAN, actually..How do I know? I recruited him when I coached Lamar State!! ;)...He was not recruited to go to Yates...try again....So if he moved near FB Hightower, and went there would you jump on the "he recruited him" bandwagon, and accuse Coach Green of recruiting, too? Probably not...People kill me when they DONT know that they DONT KNOW.. ::) ::)
[/quote]
You must've missed the fact that I said I knew him PERSONALLY huh DV? And another guy from Yates who've played on Yates state championship team (PEEWEEE) can confirm this also so what your saying is irrelevant DV.

[quote name="Stillagat24" post="1187308" timestamp="1330414586"]
A large majority of schools recruit.  It happens.  I think Wise gets so much negative attention, because he puts up so many points on people.  HISD has open enrollment.  The great coach Boutte did recruit himself.  I know of few people he tried to get and they denied him.  I was offered a position on one of his Lincoln teams to get one of my friends to come over.  I was no where near the player of my friend, but he knew I could influence him.  Many people from the Port Arthur area know many kids zoned in the T.J. area played basketball at Lincoln.  No one questioned the Houston Bellaire team that was stacked with Emeka Okafor.  There were many players on that team from other areas in Houston.  When I was in high school I saw a lot of kids transfer into Silsbee to play basketball.  Also Nederland lands a lot of Port Arthur kids on it's Football team.  I know quite a few, this years tail back, who made the move due to a crowded back field at Memorial.  Does Wise recruit, probably so, just as many others do.  But I think he is just better than most.  Hell I know back in the late 90's, plenty of kids from Beaumont were playing ball at Hardin Jefferson.
[/quote]
Seeing that I've played for BOU i know things like this happen all the time not saying that BOU recruited just saying that these things happen in general especially at YATES LOL

1st of all, I know this is a forum to speak your mind.  2nd I remember the conversation with Boutte because I was there and I was the third wheel in the deal, and to be honest if I would have made the move with the person he really wanted.  I'll admit I probably would have been on the end of the bench.  3rd in those years most people did wanna play for Lincoln.  Many of my friends played for Lincoln and they were not zoned in the area.  And Dick V or who ever you are lets talk about stuff I know.  Lets talk about basketball players at the good ole Bee Hive that made straight A's and B's during basketball season, but couldn't sniff a C or D afterwards.  I know these things because I was there.  O and I had a older cousin recruited too.  And I joined this forum a while back it is quite entertaining.  I also do not like being called a liar, but a spade is a spade.  Just face it everyone tries to get a upper hand.

In PA, I'm pretty sure the Justice Dept came in and set the rules for what school you could attend. I thought if you were black and lived in Lincoln zone you could choose whatever school you wanted in an attempt to integrate TJ and SFA. If you were white and lived in TJ zone you could go to Lincoln or TJ, but not SFA. If you were black and lived in TJ zone, you had to go to TJ or SFA. I could be wrong on exactly what the rules were... I remember all the buses would meet at Edison and you would have to go get on the one to take you wherever you were going.
Heck, my dad taught at Linclon forever, and he would always say that TJ was stealing the good football players that should have went to Lincoln!! So it likely went both ways in PA...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder