Nederland vs. Magnolia Game Thread/Nederland advances 61-52!

WOSgrad

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1185386" timestamp="1330144495"]
DV this is the Regional Quarters........not the Regional Tournament yet.  Two teams will decide where to play!!!!  I was hoping for Monday night so that I could broadcast this game!!! :-\ :-\
[/quote]
I KNEW that...I was explaining that to someone else....Come on, man , you know I know better!! 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185307" timestamp="1330140208"]
Yates is waiting.... ::)...they are a little better than Dayton and Magnolia...just a bit.... ::)
[/quote]
Ah! But that's not what this comment was referring to. It was NOT about how GOOD Yates is this year. It was a statement about 20-4A being the weakest district in the state as u stated before. Central, Ozen, and Nederland all winning tonight, and AT LEAST one advancing to the Regional Tourney next weekend PROVES that you were wrong!  ;)
U just need to be the man you claim, and admit it.  8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185401" timestamp="1330145433"]
NB-Dawg...they beat Dayton and Magnolia....Yates played WHEATLEY AND MANVEL....BOTH state ranked....bad...come on, I know you understand what I am saying here....if not....play them....you will then, I guarantee.... ;)
[/quote]
That is not the topic of discussion. You are trying to change the subject. This is NOT about any individual team. This is about 20-4a NOT being the worst 4A district in the state as you boldly claimed.
Everyone knows you said it, now you are attempting to deter the conversation. Not gonna happen. I'm going to celebrate, good night!  ;)
Hey, I'm not mad at u, DV, and I don't disagree about Yates being all that, bc I know they are... I have no problem admitting that.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1185374" timestamp="1330142708"]
Big Congrats to Big Ned!  Way to get another win!  Looks like you guys are in Familiar company....  Ozen and Central.  Keep it ging, 20-4a!
[/quote]

Not bad for the worst district in the state. Go Dogs and Jaguars (sorry Panthers, can't root for ya next game)

[quote name="coopntx" post="1185419" timestamp="1330147227"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96634.msg1185199#msg1185199 date=1330137431]
Weisbrod and English too much
[/quote]
Yes they were. Great game guys. Also, some key 3's by Lorimier. Keep it going Dogs
[/quote]
Yep. He got us started and I think he finished with 11 or 12. Lubera came up with lots of boards too. Good team 'W'!

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1185404" timestamp="1330145720"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96634.msg1185401#msg1185401 date=1330145433]
NB-Dawg...they beat Dayton and Magnolia....Yates played WHEATLEY AND MANVEL....BOTH state ranked....bad...come on, I know you understand what I am saying here....if not....play them....you will then, I guarantee.... ;)
[/quote]
That is not the topic of discussion. You are trying to change the subject. This is NOT about any individual team. This is about 20-4a NOT being the worst 4A district in the state as you boldly claimed.
Everyone knows you said it, now you are attempting to deter the conversation. Not gonna happen. I'm going to celebrate, good night!  ;)
Hey, I'm not mad at u, DV, and I don't disagree about Yates being all that, bc I know they are... I have no problem admitting that.
[/quote]

Great Point NB-Dawg!!  Go Look at Yates District from top to bottom and tell me if that distict is any good?! HISD teams arent as good anymore cause all there good basketball players move to Yates. No balance in Talent, Just Yates!!!!     
Playoff Teams Remaining Counter:  20-4A:[b] 3[/b]    21-4A:[b] 1[/b]

[quote name="Baller 93" post="1185542" timestamp="1330184417"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96634.msg1185404#msg1185404 date=1330145720]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96634.msg1185401#msg1185401 date=1330145433]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Great Point NB-Dawg!!  Go Look at Yates District from top to bottom and tell me if that distict is any good?! HISD teams arent as good anymore cause all there good basketball players move to Yates. No balance in Talent, Just Yates!!!!     
[/quote]
I don't understand how someone can come on this board and talk smack about a college team being better than a HS team. Of course they are better, they recruit their bball players to play basketball. What a joke! How is it that nobody has 'busted' them yet? I know Nash said it will stop next year when those from 3A are watching. I hope he's right, but curious as to how he (or others) plan to do this? I'm all for it, I'm just concerned this type of behavior will continue next year.
BTW-Ned was the far superior team last night. They had one kid (#10) who could GO! He probably had 30. Other than that, not much. Weisbrod
tore up their 6'8" kid. Not sure how they were 5 point favorites?  ???

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1185549" timestamp="1330185264"]
[quote author=Baller 93 link=topic=96634.msg1185542#msg1185542 date=1330184417]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I don't understand how someone can come on this board and talk smack about a college team being better than a HS team. Of course they are better, they recruit their bball players to play basketball. What a joke! How is it that nobody has 'busted' them yet? I know Nash said it will stop next year when those from 3A are watching. I hope he's right, but curious as to how he (or others) plan to do this? I'm all for it, I'm just concerned this type of behavior will continue next year.
BTW-Ned was the far superior team last night. They had one kid (#10) who could GO! He probably had 30. Other than that, not much. Weisbrod
[/quote]
STOP MAKING ACCUSATIONS THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT....If they were recruiting, as much as they have won, it would have come out by now...what you are doing is COWARDLY....Creating an excuse BEFORE you get your team gets their socks blown off by them is weak! You KNOW that the UIL would NOT allow ANY classification to just play ILLEGAL players year after year...Was Katy recruiting in football? How about Kingwood a few years ago? Of course not...THEY are in the wrong neighborhood for that, right? >:(...

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

If 20-4A played ANY team state ranked it would be the same outcome...Yes, Yates district was not strong either, BUT they are BEATING THE HECK OUTTA THEM LIKE THEY ARE NOT GOOD...THATS the difference...I will be willing to bet you that at the end, that "weak" district out of Houston, will have a team standing after next weeks games...Now you wanna count THAT? ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185575" timestamp="1330188171"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96634.msg1185549#msg1185549 date=1330185264]
NB-Dawg...they beat Dayton and Magnolia....Yates played WHEATLEY
AND MANVEL....BOTH state ranked....bad...come on, I know you understand what I am saying here....if not....play them....you will then, I guarantee.... ;)
[/quote]
Hey, I'm not mad at u, DV, and I don't disagree about Yates being all
that, bc I know they are... I have no problem admitting that.
[/quote]

[/quote]
I don't understand how someone can come on this board and talk smack
about a college team being better than a HS team. Of course they are
better, they recruit their bball players to play basketball. What a joke! How is it that nobody has 'busted' them yet? I know Nash said it will stop next year when those from 3A are watching. I hope he's right, but curious as to how he (or others) plan to do this? I'm all for it, I'm just concerned this type of behavior will continue next year.
[/quote]
STOP MAKING ACCUSATIONS THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT....If they were recruiting, as much as they have won, it would have come out
by now...what you are doing is COWARDLY....Creating an excuse BEFORE you get your team gets their socks blown off by them is weak! You KNOW that the UIL would NOT allow ANY classification to just play ILLEGAL players year after year...Was Katy recruiting in football? How about Kingwood a few years ago? Of course not...THEY are in the wrong neighborhood for that, right? >:(...
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

If [b]20-4A played ANY team state ranked it would be the same outcome[/b]...Yes, Yates district was not strong either, BUT they are
BEATING THE HECK OUTTA THEM LIKE THEY ARE NOT GOOD...THATS the difference...I will be willing to bet you that at the end, that "weak" district out of Houston, will have a team standing after next weeks games...Now you wanna count THAT? ;)
[/quote]
I'm sorry, but didn't Ozen beat a State-ranked Humble team last night?    ??? The same Humble team who is #13 in the Greater Houston? The same Humble squad who beat Cy Falls twice this year who is a top 15 ranked Houston area team (all classifications, including private schools)!  :-X
Not to mention the same Humble team who also beat up on North Shore
(ranked 8th) FW Dunbar, and your beloved Madison squad. :o
Those are FACTS, yet you continue to demean local schools (even Ozen
this time).  :-\

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185699" timestamp="1330198377"]
Excuse me, but did NEDERLAND play a state ranked team thus far? If they had, it is likely that the season would be over at this point....Likely.. ;)
[/quote]
Changing the topic again, I see!  ::) You made the comment about 20-4A team, (not ONE in particular) could NOT beat a State-ranked team. Nederland captured the district's #1 seed, so it's unlikely for a team who finishes 4th place (or 2nd or 3rd) in district is going to be state ranked. Anyway, Nederland (like everyone else) plays the team who is placed in front of them, right?  ???

OK...good luck to your team, Dawg.....Its funny though..I JUST had a conversation with one of your Nederland Bulldog players in my driveway....He tends to agree with just about EVERY STATEMENT that I have ever made on here and wonders why Nederland fans were so sensitive!!  ;D ;D...His exact statement..."You are only speaking the TRUTH...I mean, I understand where you are coming from, I don't know why they don't"...I thought that was HILARIOUS!!  8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185709" timestamp="1330199090"]
OK...good luck to your team, Dawg.....Its funny though..I JUST had a conversation with one of your Nederland Bulldog players in my driveway....He tends to agree with just about EVERY STATEMENT that I have ever made on here and wonders why Nederland fans were so sensitive!!  ;D ;D...His exact statement..."You are only speaking the TRUTH...I mean, I understand where you are coming from, I don't know why they don't"...I thought that was HILARIOUS!!  8)
[/quote]
He's a kid, lol! Once again, changing the topic to avoid what this discussion is about. Can you not stick to the topic at hand?

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1185713" timestamp="1330199549"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96634.msg1185709#msg1185709 date=1330199090]
[/quote]
He's a kid, lol! Once again, changing the topic to avoid what this discussion is about. Can you not stick to the topic at hand?
[/quote]
I've decided to just concede the discussion until Nederland plays an opponent worth discussing... ::) ::)...Plus the fact that a KID who is ACTUALLY A PART OF THE PROGRAM, understands logic better than the adult fans...MINDBLOWING... 8)

Dickie V.. Here is why Nederland fans dont like you.. You have called our team out for not being that good and talking down on 20-4A.. You can speculate all you want, but as of right now, Nederland is still playing after two playoff wins and 3 teams for 20-4A are still in the play-offs.. Those are facts.. You dont like it, sorry for you feeling that way..

We are fully aware of the talent out there and that awaits in region 3.. Yates is one of the best teams in the state regardless of classification.. We are focused on taking it one game at a time, and so far Nederland, Central, and Ozen have done just that.. Go sip the hatorade somewhere else

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185721" timestamp="1330199764"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96634.msg1185713#msg1185713 date=1330199549]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96634.msg1185709#msg1185709 date=1330199090]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I've decided to just concede the discussion until Nederland plays an opponent worth discussing... ::) ::)...Plus the fact that a KID who is ACTUALLY A PART OF THE PROGRAM, understands logic better than the adult fans...MINDBLOWING... 8)
[/quote]

Sorry Dicky but you are ( yes, I know how hard this is to believe) WRONG on this one.  When you are in the playoffs, EVERYONE is worth discussing.  One doesn't need a basketball pedigree to comprehend that.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185721" timestamp="1330199764"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96634.msg1185713#msg1185713 date=1330199549]
OK...good luck to your team, Dawg.....Its funny though..I JUST had a conversation with one of your Nederland Bulldog players in my driveway....He tends to agree with just about EVERY STATEMENT that I have ever made on here and wonders why Nederland fans were so sensitive!!  ;D ;D...His exact statement..."You are only speaking the
TRUTH...I mean, I understand where you are coming from, I don't know why they don't"...I thought that was HILARIOUS!!  8)
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Seriously?? Do u really think a kid is going to disagree with YOU?? I know these kids much better than you, and I can assure you that they DON'T agree with most of what you say. Of course you never said exactly what u talked to this 'kid' about, so maybe he did agree with you, especially if you said Yates will run Ned out of the gym. Yates is the far
superior team (than Ned and clearly EVERYONE) and EVERYONE knows it. Doesn't take a 'Guru' to figure that out!  ;)

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1185735" timestamp="1330200369"]
Dickie V.. Here is why Nederland fans dont like you.. You have called our team out for not being that good and talking down on 20-4A.. You can speculate all you want, but as of right now, Nederland is still playing after two playoff wins and 3 teams for 20-4A are still in the play-offs.. Those are facts.. You dont like it, sorry for you feeling that way..

We are fully aware of the talent out there and that awaits in region 3.. Yates is one of the best teams in the state regardless of classification.. We are focused on taking it one game at a time, and so far Nederland, Central, and Ozen have done just that.. Go sip the hatorade somewhere else
[/quote]

Dogs 1218, here is why I dont care: The fact is Nederland is NOT that good..They have beaten two teams in Dayton and Magnolia that are worse than they are..FOUR TEAMS make the playoffs these days, so yeah they are bound to run into a team or two with less talent....Ozen and Central are more talented teams, and have beaten better teams than that thus far in the playoffs..Props to them and Nederland...I am not hating, I am just stating what should be the obvious...Good Luck against Ozen Tuesday...I pick Ozen...for obvious reasons...hate it or love it...I don't care.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185749" timestamp="1330200818"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=96634.msg1185735#msg1185735 date=1330200369]

[/quote]

Dogs 1218, here is why I dont care: The fact is Nederland is NOT that good..They have beaten two teams in Dayton and Magnolia that are worse than they are..FOUR TEAMS make the playoffs these days, so yeah they are bound to run into a team or two with less talent....Ozen and Central are more talented teams, and have beaten better teams than that thus far in the playoffs..Props to them and Nederland...I am not hating, I am just stating what should be the obvious...Good Luck against Ozen Tuesday...I pick Ozen...for obvious reasons...hate it or love it...I don't care.
[/quote]

I at least commend you on staying true to who you are on this board, regardless of how people respond to things you say.. Just know by the results so far, aka The Facts, you are wrong.. Lets wait for more results then debate them, rather than speculate ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476