Beaumont Central vs. Houston C.E. King Game Thread/Central wins 74-70

WOSgrad

[quote name="bullets13" post="1182654" timestamp="1329881156"]
I work for BISD... i'll see about taking over next year... Soulja can get a job in the administration office, and be my assistant.  we got this!  ;)
[/quote] When u take over u got to sit on the bench no standing up until there is a time out.

:oThe strangest thing that I hacve ever saw.... Someoen stay in a box and 1 for 3 1/2 quaters.  Box an 1 is a situational defense that you play in moderation, it is NOT a defense you use for an entire game.  WWWAAAYYY too many holes, both on the wings and in the post.  Last night Central got abused on the wings with a baradge of 3-pointers.  They went to man for the final 6 minutes and CE King could not score.  I also have an issue going box and 1 on a skinny 5'8" guard without exceptional leaping skills.  Either play 2-3 to kill his drives or help-side man to address his shooting.  LASTLY, HAVE THESE KIDS BEEN TAUGHT HOW TO BREAK A PRESS???[i]I don't think so[i]

On a lighter note I am amazed at the kids natural abilities and understanding of the game and passing lanes.  Once in a set they back cut and find the open man really well.  Kristian is super aggressive, I wish it would catch fire in the other kids.  This team will lose BIG rto a team with an above average press.  Bad part about that, is they are talented enough, but not trained enough to break the press.  Ozen has at least three true point guards, must be nice!

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1183029" timestamp="1329928563"]
:oThe strangest thing that I hacve ever saw.... Someoen stay in a box and 1 for 3 1/2 quaters.  Box an 1 is a situational defense that you play in moderation, it is NOT a defense you use for an entire game.  WWWAAAYYY too many holes, both on the wings and in the post.  Last night Central got abused on the wings with a baradge of 3-pointers.  They went to man for the final 6 minutes and CE King could not score.  I also have an issue going box and 1 on a skinny 5'8" guard without exceptional leaping skills.  Either play 2-3 to kill his drives or help-side man to address his shooting.  LASTLY, HAVE THESE KIDS BEEN TAUGHT HOW TO BREAK A PRESS???[i]I don't think so[i]

On a lighter note I am amazed at the kids natural abilities and understanding of the game and passing lanes.  Once in a set they back cut and find the open man really well.  Kristian is super aggressive, I wish it would catch fire in the other kids.  This team will lose BIG rto a team with an above average press.  Bad part about that, is they are talented enough, but not trained enough to break the press.  Ozen has at least three true point guards, must be nice!
[/quote]He have the freshman PG, but he was not ready for a big playoff game like this one with turnovers off the bat, so he was removed and we inserted a Sr. PG, which was a good move.  The box and 1, I agree, should have been called off.  I would like to know how many UNCONTESTED 3 pointers we gave up.  It was like warmups for King.  You can't do that and expect to advance in these playoffs.  I'm glad that the golf ball I threw at the staff's head jogged him brain back to regular human being thoughts or we would have lost this one. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder