**SPLENDORA vs. SILSBEE Broadcast**/SILSBEE wins 71-56

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="RexFry" post="1182793" timestamp="1329887584"]
No one mentioned the classless act by silsbee"s # 5 in the 3rd qtr. when he intentionally punched Splendora's #21 in the Groin, The officials decesion not to eject him and the coaches even more classless act by allowing him to go back into the game. Silsbee you may be a good team but the Wildcats totally OUT  CLASSED you in their loss to you tonight.  Great come back and outstanding CHARACTER on your part tonight Cats.
[/quote] wrong he did not go back in the game after the technical foul cuz that was his 5th.

[quote name="RexFry" post="1182809" timestamp="1329889041"]
They did not call the Tech on him at that time (and I do not believe it was him they called the tech on any way) They called an intentional foul on him but it was not a tech. And yes he did go back in after that foul !!!
[/quote] yeah you're right on that sorry I got their numbers mixed up but the tech was on #3

[quote name="RexFry" post="1182818" timestamp="1329889826"]
I couldn't remember who it was on , but i knew it was'n't on the kid who threw the punch because our fans went nuts when the silsbee coach put him back in.
[/quote] I wasn't there so I didn't see it but if he threw an intentional punch he should have been ejected or atleast called for a technical

Score by quarters

1          2            3            4        tot
Splendora            5          16          15          20        56
Silsbee                15        24          14          18        71

FT %

Splendora            14/22  64%
Silsbee                13/23  57%

3 point %

Splendora            4/17    24%
Silsbee                4/11    36%

Rebounds

Splendora          42
Silsbee              33

Turnovers

Splendora          25
Silsbee              18

Individual scoring

Splendora

Shane Alledge              12
Christian Hiltibrand        11
Kagan Angers                7
Brice Day                      6
Gabe Carvajal                5
Huestis McAnally            5
Tyler Stallings                5
Casey Barron                  2
Tyler Mitchell                  2
Sam Garrett                    1

Silsbee

Jordan Holmes                  20
Patrick Reed                    12
Zayon Jackson                  12
Kelton Gaines                    10
Chris Elam                        10
Jake Dobbins                      4
Ladavian Barnes                  2
Donti Wilson                      1

Splendora (24-8)
Silsbee    (25-7)

No one mentioned the classless act by silsbee"s # 5 in the 3rd qtr. when he intentionally punched Splendora's #21 in the Groin, The officials decesion not to eject him and the coaches even more classless act by allowing him to go back into the game. Silsbee you may be a good team but the Wildcats totally OUT  CLASSED you in their loss to you tonight.  Great come back and outstanding CHARACTER on your part tonight Cats.
[/quote]

I did see the incident you are referring too.  I was quite disappointed in the action.  It was not a justified response.  However, it was a response. I was watching these two players during the pause in play.  Splendora's #21 was in our players face jawing at him during most bof that pause.  I don't know what was said but do no it was animated enough that his head was swaying back and forth.  Yes,  I am sure there was other mouthing in the game both ways.  Like I said the response was dissappointing.  Now to say Splendora totally outclassed the Tigers is a load of BS.  I watched your #34 throwing elbows on trips down the floor many times as well as receiving a foul for sticking his foot out and tripping a Tiger going down the floor.  As a matter of fact,  I had other fans tell me that they thought Splendora's tactic in the second half was to antagonise the Tigers. So this was not exactly a "classy" game by either team.

Now I will congratulate Splendora on a great season and a great effort tonight,  they never gave up and made it a quite interesting game. 

Now lets play better friday Tigers.

[quote name="SHS_Mayor" post="1182830" timestamp="1329891847"]
There was no punch thrown in was a reach that hit the player in groin area Int. foul was called on the play sooooooooooo what's your point
[/quote]

No it wasn't a punch but not a reach either.  It was more of a backhand slap.

Guest tigersvoice
[/quote]
Could be a matter of perception.  I'm sure you were watching our boys a lot closer than you were watching your boys in these exchanges.  I apologize to you for the nature of the intentional foul - which is what was ruled, correct?  So none of the officials deemed the action strong enough for an ejection.  Tell me with a straight face that had it been one of your starters that committed the same foul that you would have NOT put him back in the game if needed.  Easy on the classlessness.  I have not heard of Splendora being a paragon of behavior on the basketball court.  Anyway, good season Splendora. 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1182854" timestamp="1329912549"]
Silsbee better get it together because Brookshire has beaten Nederland, Sealy, and several other playoff teams this year. If Silsbee come out and plays like crap they will come home with a L Friday night
[/quote]
Some more drivel from the great BADSANTA. :-X Sheeesh! ::)

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1182855" timestamp="1329912891"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=96324.msg1182854#msg1182854 date=1329912549]
Silsbee better get it together because Brookshire has beaten Nederland, Sealy, and several other playoff teams this year. If Silsbee come out and plays like crap they will come home with a L Friday night
[/quote]
[/quote]What was drivel out of that statement.  That sounded like sound advice.

Improve your game, because BR is going to bring an A-game to the house.  If you don't, you will go home.  What's wrong with that?

Wow!  Did I just agree with BS?!?!?  :o  "Down is up and up is down!"

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1182882" timestamp="1329916168"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=96324.msg1182855#msg1182855 date=1329912891]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=96324.msg1182854#msg1182854 date=1329912549]
[/quote]

I'm not as crazy as some want me to be! Lol
[/quote]What was drivel out of that statement.  That sounded like sound advice.

Improve your game, because BR is going to bring an A-game to the house.  If you don't, you will go home.  What's wrong with that?

Wow!  Did I just agree with BS?!?!?  :o  "Down is up and up is down!"
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83