Nederland vs. Dayton

Lazeek

Why, because I tell it like it is? You Nederland people are a mess.. ::)...I will put it like this...Yates beat Wheatley the other night by 38...what in the heck would NEDERLAND do to not get beat by 50? It's just common sense...you guys want CHEERLEADERS, not people telling it like it is.....Yates would beat Ozen by 40-50 also by the way, these days...good luck the rest of the way, and I hope your team does well.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1183401" timestamp="1329962439"]
Why, because I tell it like it is? You Nederland people are a mess.. ::)...I will put it like this...Yates beat Wheatley the other night by 38...what in the heck would NEDERLAND do to not get beat by 50? It's just common sense...you guys want CHEERLEADERS, not people telling it like it is.....Yates would beat Ozen by 40-50 also by the way, these days...good luck the rest of the way, and I hope your team does well.
[/quote]
Re-read my post! I said [b]IF[/b] they put together 4 Quarters of what they did last night.....What do u not understand about the word [b]IF[/b]?
[b]IF[/b] any team scores on 14/15 possessions EVERY quarter, they WILL win! I KNOW Yates is a much more talented ball club, and I NEVER said we were better, and I probably never will. I said IF we play 4 Qs like the ONE we played last night....Geeeez! How selective are you when you read a statement?? Go crawl back into that hole you've been in all day!  >:(

[quote name="vp32" post="1183412" timestamp="1329963807"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=96239.msg1183411#msg1183411 date=1329963696]
Still zero hits on the Ozen thread. What I said about character is telling it like it is. I think you [size=14pt][b]ex[/b][/size]-coaches are the mess.
[/quote]
8)

lmao sorry i couldn't help it.
[/quote]
Once again....is that all you guys have? I can and will coach again...Why does THAT always become the norm...I tell the truth...You guys get upset and attempt to hit me "where it hurts"... ::)...not hardly...I am far from picking up cans by the freeway, so I am doing just fine...Like I said, good luck to your team the rest of the way....back on topic, off of me....NB-Dawg....my statement was not directed at yours..hadn't even read yours yet...relax..

[quote name="vp32" post="1183380" timestamp="1329959897"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=96239.msg1183371#msg1183371 date=1329958966]
Dickie, you need to post on the Ozen thread. There are zero hits. Instead of talking your team up, you come on here to dis mine, while you keep your Yates in your hip pocket. [b]Says something about character.[/b]
[/quote]
What character?
[/quote]C'mon, even you guys got to admit that Dickie V is a character!  ;)

Lighten up guys, Valid or not, his opinion is his opinion.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1183416" timestamp="1329964543"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=96239.msg1183380#msg1183380 date=1329959897]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=96239.msg1183371#msg1183371 date=1329958966]
Dickie, you need to post on the Ozen thread. There are zero hits. Instead of talking your team up, you come on here to dis mine, while you keep your Yates in your hip pocket. [b]Says something about character.[/b]
[/quote]
What character?
[/quote]C'mon, even you guys got to admit that Dickie V is a character!  ;)

Lighten up guys, Valid or not, his opinion is his opinion.
[/quote]

Apparently if you are not saying how "good" Nederland is, your opinion becomes of "low character"... ???

Still zero hits on the Ozen thread. Why is he here? Can't he give his valid insight to another team?

I'm not upset. You give yourself way too much credit.....as always. Just trying to figure why you have to be on every Ned thread when you are obviously not a fan. Even though you are a coach, I don't put much value on your opinion.

[quote name="baddog" post="1183420" timestamp="1329964740"]
Still zero hits on the Ozen thread. Why is he here? Can't he give his valid insight to another team?

I'm not upset. You give yourself way too much credit.....as always. Just trying to figure why you have to be on every Ned thread when you are obviously not a fan. Even though you are a coach, I don't put much value on your opinion.
[/quote]
Because I can, are you serious? Who cares how much you "value" my opinion, its MINE! If you believe your beloved Nederland Bulldogs can beat Yates, then you go right ahead...Its YOUR opinion...I say they have NO SHOT against Yates...Thats mine...Back on topic, please...They beat Dayton..barely...great.

[quote name="baddog" post="1183429" timestamp="1329965333"]
Why aren't you on the Ozen thread? You care what people think about your opinion or you wouldn't offer it as much as you do. As for value, it is more valuable to you. I never said Ned could beat Yates but for you to spin it that way says a lot.
[/quote]
You don't care, yet you get mad when I bring up the FACT that Nederland would get the bulldog beat out of them if they got to play Yates in the playoffs?  ::) ::) Yeah, OK.....Get outta here with that man! Difference is, my opinion is unbiased, and I happen to know just what the heck I am talking about....FACT.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1183432" timestamp="1329965539"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=96239.msg1183429#msg1183429 date=1329965333]
Why aren't you on the Ozen thread? You care what people think about your opinion or you wouldn't offer it as much as you do. As for value, it is more valuable to you. I never said Ned could beat Yates but for you to spin it that way says a lot.
[/quote]
You don't care, yet you get mad when I bring up the FACT that Nederland would get the bulldog beat out of them if they got to play Yates in the playoffs?  ::) ::) Yeah, OK.....Get outta here with that man! Difference is, my opinion is unbiased, and I happen to know just what the heck I am talking about....FACT.
[/quote]

Your opinions are unbiased?  Not always.  You seem to believe that a certain former local coach is the greatest coach to ever step on the floor and that, sir, is HARDLY unbiased.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1183449" timestamp="1329966817"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96239.msg1183432#msg1183432 date=1329965539]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=96239.msg1183429#msg1183429 date=1329965333]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Your opinions are unbiased?  Not always.  You seem to believe that a certain former local coach is the greatest coach to ever step on the floor and that, sir, is HARDLY unbiased.
[/quote]
What about this one? Thats the topic at hand....UNBIASED opinion.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1183469" timestamp="1329967518"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=96239.msg1183460#msg1183460 date=1329967234]
What exactly is the topic of this thread?  ???
[/quote]
Who knows?? But i'll give you one guess. Probably similar to most threads lately.  ::) ::)
They all seem to somehow go in the same direction...  :-\
[/quote]
This is what they want see on here..."Nederland plays so sound and they are very fundamental...they were only about to be beaten by a 4th place team because they were having an off night shooting...They really played solid defense though and refused to be beaten...they really have a shot against any team on any given night in 4A...They really do". THEY don't believe that, if they are honest, and I for one, KNOW BETTER... ::)....Do you guys realize that I dont have to agree with you? ???

This forum is not as enjoyable as it was in the days before Dickie V. Not because you have an opinion, we all do. We also enjoy some lighthearted criticism of one another's team. Your criticism is not lighthearted or constructive. It is simply intended to stir the pot and demoralize. We all enjoy reading positive things about our team, but at the same time fully understand our team's weaknesses and shortcomings. It becomes increasingly annoying to have the negative criticism on every single thread. We may not have your basketball background, and may not have enjoyed the ride you did on Boutte's coattails, but we also have some basketball knowledge. This is a "fans forum", not a coaches forum.

Let me ask this. How many of us would become monetary contributors to Setxsports if Dickie V would mysteriously disappear? I would!  ;D

This is a Nederland thread, your dang right we want to see Nederland backing on here.....come on man, we are all just backing our team that we are very proud of that's all.  Isn't that what everyone does?  You spend so much time on our thread how does it leave time for you to back your own team, just saying.  Good luck Bulldogs this Friday night....I will be there backing you all the way!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1183474" timestamp="1329967856"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96239.msg1183469#msg1183469 date=1329967518]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=96239.msg1183460#msg1183460 date=1329967234]
What exactly is the topic of this thread?  ???
[/quote]
Who knows?? But i'll give you one guess. Probably similar to most threads lately.  ::) ::)
They all seem to somehow go in the same direction...  :-\
[/quote]
This is what they want see on here..."Nederland plays so sound and they are very fundamental...they were only about to be beaten by a 4th place team because they were having an off night shooting...They really played solid defense though and refused to be beaten...they really have a shot against any team on any given night in 4A...They really do". THEY don't believe that, if they are honest, and I for one, KNOW BETTER... ::)....Do you guys realize that I dont have to agree with you? ???
[/quote

And just to think...  All this dislike and things to say to DV.  The man announced that he would be in your back yard, (Hamburger Depot) to talk sports and to meet the man behind the screen name.  I was there as well.  Absolutely NONE of the Bulldog faithfull showed up.  The man was there to meet and greet and talk up some sports.  So, to Play 'devil's advocate', the man was there and you (Nederland fans) were a no show.  Why was that?

I would LOVE to meet this guy in person!! Not able to head over there for certain reasons but its all good ;)

I have figured DickieV out.. He just the kind of poster who wants to take the other side on everything to get responses from people and make this board more active.. Kudos to you sir because you have accomplished that and more.. But your statements about Nederland are not just taking the other side, they are based completely on the fact you dont like the change in district 20-4A..

Whether he wants to agree with it or not, he still remembers the days when Ozen ran this area and used to beat people before the game was even played! All those scared people are gone and other teams have confidence and swagger.. The Nederland faithful are enjoying the ride.. Why dont you Dickie? Its better than hating on a programs success every chance you see fit.. Smile! this team you are hating on is representing your area in basketball proudly!

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1183533" timestamp="1329977637"]
I would LOVE to meet this guy in person!! Not able to head over there for certain reasons but its all good ;)

I have figured DickieV out.. He just the kind of poster who wants to take the other side on everything to get responses from people and make this board more active.. Kudos to you sir because you have accomplished that and more.. But your statements about Nederland are not just taking the other side, they are based completely on the fact you dont like the change in district 20-4A..

Whether he wants to agree with it or not, he still remembers the days when Ozen ran this area and used to beat people before the game was even played! All those scared people are gone and other teams have confidence and swagger.. The Nederland faithful are enjoying the ride.. Why dont you Dickie? Its better than hating on a programs success every chance you see fit.. Smile! this team you are hating on is representing your area in basketball proudly!
[/quote]I wasn't talking about you personally, but the Big Ned fans that have been going back and forth with DV as a whole.  The man showed up to talk sports in your back yard and with all the back and forth that was going on, I just know that the bulldogs would show up to the show.  dogs1218, I know your situation, so I know you couldn't make it. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124