Nederland vs. Beaumont Central Game Thread/CENTRAL WINS 49-34!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1171805" timestamp="1328324597"]
The Jags wanted it more. They played with a sense of urgency. Congrats on the W. Need to refocus and learn from this game. Still one thing that can't be taken away from us:

[move][size=18pt]29!!![/size][/move]
[/quote]

Sounds like they did want it more.. Knew this game would be tough, but didnt expect a result like this. Congrats Central.

Great gmae plan by Central.  This game could have been blown open big time, be we missed a LOT of free throws.  We cllosed out on 3 point shooters, we fought under screens, and we battled tooth and nail with the big Sophomore Nederland post man. Our defensive game plan worked to perfection.

K. Smith was a man tonight. He killed the mid range jumper earlier in the game.  The one on one game went great.  NO Nederland defender could check him.  Kid finished with almost 30 points.  Shout out to the Freshman Wildridge as he showed big late in the game. 

CENTRAL Finished 2-1 in the season series.

Good luck on the rest of the season, Big Ned.  BTW, the coach called out a heck of a game plan, so it's safe to say that English got out-coached tonight?  (im just stirring the pot.  ;) )

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1171836" timestamp="1328325582"]
Soulja-I am expecting to hear some praises from you about your coach. He had his team prepared for the game tonight. Props to Coach Lee!
[/quote]He did a good job, but I still say he went to the iso spread game way too early...  Other than that, great game plan!

yeah their fans are sorry.it hard to win when u r playing 8 people on the court.the refrees was the worst i seen all year.yall cventral knows it to.but now we know why they are hard to beat at home.Central is a good team but take the sorry refrees away it a different ball game

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1171863" timestamp="1328326439"]
Heard some class was shown at the end of the game too.. ::)

Chants of "over-rated" and the announcer joining in? Hahaha!!
[/quote]Yes, I heard that.  That announcer is a fast car salesman type guy.  I don't like him announcing the game.  He started and the student section joined in.  I have to admit, it was funny.  Me and and rest of the Jag fans did not get involved.

[quote name="juggie" post="1171875" timestamp="1328326992"]
yeah their fans are sorry.it hard to win when u r playing 8 people on the court.the refrees was the worst i seen all year.yall cventral knows it to.but now we know why they are hard to beat at home.Central is a good team but take the sorry refrees away it a different ball game
[/quote] ::) ::) ::) ::) Please.  Those sorry alls went both ways and you know it!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1171880" timestamp="1328327141"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=95450.msg1171863#msg date=1328326439]

[/quote]Yes, I heard that.  That announcer is a fast car salesman type guy.  I don't like him announcing the game.  He started and the student section joined in.  I have to admit, it was funny.  Me and and rest of the Jag fans did not get involved.
[/quote]
I was told the school principal was involved as well. I don't know what he looks like, it's just what I over heard someone say. I sure hope he wasn't one of them.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="1171888" timestamp="1328327400"]
Nothing was done that was out of line. It was just an intense hard fought high school basketball game. And if you think the refs affected the outcome of the game you are crazy. Nederland just got beat tonight.
[/quote]Now, THAT is the truth.  Central came out with a game plan and executed.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="1171888" timestamp="1328327400"]
Nothing was done that was out of line. It was just an intense hard fought high school basketball game. And if you think the refs affected the outcome of the game you are crazy. Nederland just got beat tonight.
[/quote]
Who said anything about the refs?? We got out played, it's that simple.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1171890" timestamp="1328327499"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95450.msg1171880#msg date=1328327141]

[/quote]
I was told the school principal was involved as well. I don't know what he looks like, it's just what I over heard someone say. I sure hope he wasn't one of them.
[/quote]I didn't see the principal at all.  The AD was there, though.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1171893" timestamp="1328327658"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=95450.msg1171888#msg1171888 date=1328327400]
[/quote]
[b]Who said anything about the refs??[/b] We got out played, it's that simple.
[/quote]

You might want to check out juggie's post above. A couple of posts earlier.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1171841" timestamp="1328325768"]
Great gmae plan by Central.  This game could have been blown open big time, be we missed a LOT of free throws.  We cllosed out on 3 point shooters, we fought under screens, and we battled tooth and nail with the big Sophomore Nederland post man. Our defensive game plan worked to perfection.

K. Smith was a man tonight. He killed the mid range jumper earlier in the game.  The one on one game went great.  NO Nederland defender could check him.  Kid finished with almost 30 points.  Shout out to the Freshman Wildridge as he showed big late in the game. 

CENTRAL Finished 2-1 in the season series.

Good luck on the rest of the season, Big Ned.  BTW, the coach called out a heck of a game plan, so it's safe to say that English got out-coached tonight?  (im just stirring the pot.  ;) )
[/quote]

Soulja- Congrats on the victory.  I didnt think it would happen.  Looks like you employed the dunk-o-meter tonight.  I also think you should know we had two devices working tonight.  The dunk-o-meter recorded two and the alley-oop-o-meter recorded another two.  Just think, there are two or three people on here who could be half way to a quick $250 if they had accepted my proposition.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1171895" timestamp="1328327855"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95450.msg1171890#msg date=1328327499]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95450.msg1171880#msg date=1328327141]

[/quote]
[/quote]I didn't see the principal at all.  The AD was there, though.
[/quote]
Maybe that's who they were talking about. IMO, there is nothing wrong with the kids and fans cheering that. They are just enjoying the victory, as they should bc it has been a while since we lost a district game to Central.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1171900" timestamp="1328328000"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95450.msg1171893#msg1171893 date=1328327658]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=95450.msg1171888#msg1171888 date=1328327400]
[/quote]
[b]Who said anything about the refs??[/b] We got out played, it's that simple.
[/quote]

You might want to check out juggie's post above. A couple of posts earlier.
[/quote]
Oh, didn't see it. The refs called a loose game, and allowed the kids to play. Very physical game. A few team's have played this type of D against us this year, and we normally shoot our way out of it. Didn't happen tonight. Coach Lee's plan was to not allow English or Weisbrod to beat them, and it worked. English made every shot he took (3), and Weisbrod was held to 1 point! Somebody else needs to step up!  :-\

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder