HJ vs Silsbee

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Roper84" post="1167380" timestamp="1327755875"]
What time will the doors open?
What time will I have to be in line to make it in?
[/quote]
Heard (unofficially) at the Silsbee game last night that the doors will open at 4:30.

For the past several weeks Silsbee has been able to say there the best in 21-3A and better than HJ. The reason is because Silsbee has earned it by beating HJ and not losing any district games so far in the first round. Now, the second round is starting and even if HJ beats Silsbee they still will not be able to say they are the best in 21-3A or will they be able to say there better than Silsbee. The thing is Silsbee wont be able to make that clam eather. Go Tigers!!!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1167408" timestamp="1327761655"]
Won't miss this one!  8)...I may get there around 3:30, hit up ole DQ, then secure my floor seat right next to the HJ bench....may learn a thing or two sitting that close to greatness..... ;)
[/quote]

As soon as your record is half of what Mr. Sutherlands is, perhaps someone ( at least one or two people) will see the humor/disrespect.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1167410" timestamp="1327762451"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95042.msg1167408#msg1167408 date=1327761655]
Won't miss this one!  8)...I may get there around 3:30, hit up ole DQ, then secure my floor seat right next to the HJ bench....may learn a thing or two sitting that close to greatness..... ;)
[/quote]

As soon as your record is half of what Mr. Sutherlands is, perhaps someone ( at least one or two people) will see the humor/disrespect.

[/quote]

You are 100% wrong...I, in NO WAY, meant that in a sarcastic manner...ARE YOU SERIOUS? Actually the pun was directed at our conversation yesterday about learning from others....nothing more...YOU ARE INCORRECT in your ASSumption.

Yeah, sure.  I guess we can just let anybody who has read all of your posts come to their own conclusions about that.  Since you are interested in "learning", I am going to suggest that there are a couple of things you might pick up on if you sit close to the bench

1.  The staff whom you will be seated close to will never try to create the perception that they
    somehow are smarter and more enllightened about basketball than anyone else.  They have
    sufficient mental faculties to understand that there are many, many, many knowledgeable
    people in the basketball world and that there are hundreds of ways to "skin a cat" .

2.  The staff is also FULLY aware that there is only so much that can be accomplished by them
    and that the players play the game .

3.  They are fully aware that, considering the talent level currently at HJ, there are MANY good
    coaches out there who could have gotten the same or perhaps better results than they
    have.

4..  In spite of the current success they are enjoying, they will never try the "I am smarter and
      more experienced than you" approach in anything that they do. (Which, in the end, is very 
      failed approach that attempts to mask ones own insecurities.)

I wish you success in your learning venture.

It never fails....if you really just HATE me that much....just say it...I did NOTHING but post about coming to the HJ/Silsbee game and you attempt to turn it into a psychiatric session on coaching and insecurity... :o.....I hope to see you at the game next week...perhaps we can discuss it over a hot dog and a Dr. Pepper....I am seriously not being a jerk here...

Its nearly impossible to hate someone you have never met.  For all I know, you might be the most amiable, friendly, congenial fellow in the world.  However, having never met you, all I can do is draw conclusions about you based on what you say and the same applies to you when you read my comments.  I can see where you might consider my comments to be a psychiatric session.  Can you see where I might consider your hot dog-Dr. Pepper offer to be an intimidation effort?

Email I got said doors will open at 4:30. There will be 2 lines a pay line and a pass line. When gym hits capacity they will shut the doors and no one else will be admitted. The game is scheduled to be live streamed for those that cannot get in. The link will be on the hjisd website.

[quote name="Castor27" post="1167455" timestamp="1327768572"]
Email I got said doors will open at 4:30. There will be 2 lines a pay line and a pass line. When gym hits capacity they will shut the doors and no one else will be admitted. The game is scheduled to be live streamed for those that cannot get in. The link will be on the hjisd website.
[/quote]

There will be no one at work in Sour Lake on Tuesday. GO TIGERS!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1167392" timestamp="1327758534"]
Should be a close gam again! HJ just might be too much for Silsbee. Most HJ people call Silsbee's last win LUCKY!
[/quote]

If silsbee would have won without the buzzer beater h-j fans would have said Silsbee cheated. Now, Since silsbee won with a buzzer beater they  are just lucky enough to win. H-J is a school of excuses. Silsbee won fare and square luck or not. If silsbee wins in H-J what will be the excuse?

[quote name="SNG24" post="1167489" timestamp="1327779058"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=95042.msg1167392#msg1167392 date=1327758534]
Should be a close gam again! HJ just might be too much for Silsbee. Most HJ people call Silsbee's last win LUCKY!
[/quote]

If silsbee would have won without the buzzer beater h-j fans would have said Silsbee cheated. Now, Since silsbee won with a buzzer beater they  are just lucky enough to win. H-J is a school of excuses. Silsbee won fare and square luck or not. If silsbee wins in H-J what will be the excuse?
[/quote]

create a second account just to post this?

[quote name="SNG24" post="1167489" timestamp="1327779058"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=95042.msg1167392#msg1167392 date=1327758534]
[/quote]

[/quote]

If Silsbee wins again, then there ought not to be any question about who is best head to head.  The only question then will be who gets further in the playoffs.

Getting further in the playoffs involves a lot.  Luck of the draw may play a big part this year with all the good teams in region 3. The Hawks size has them built to go further.  The Tigers will have to play their best every night or their size may be the deciding factor.

[quote name="ST413" post="1167503" timestamp="1327783988"]
Getting further in the playoffs involves a lot.  Luck of the draw may play a big part this year with all the good teams in region 3. The Hawks size has them built to go further.  The Tigers will have to play their best every night or their size may be the deciding factor.
[/quote]

I think you may be correct.  But, on the other hand, there are a few who contend the word luck or good fortune is never a consideration.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1167522" timestamp="1327789798"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=95042.msg1167503#msg1167503 date=1327783988]
[/quote]

I think you may be correct.  But, on the other hand, there are a few who contend the word luck or good fortune is never a consideration.
[/quote]Well, on the other hand, there are those who are wrong.

There is an intangible, that will always be there... and that is why we love the game.

Its what makes one team come out and miss every jump shot, inexplicably, while the other team seemingly makes every shot thrown up.  The loose balls all bounce the same way.  Foul trouble on key players.  and don't forget injuries.

Not sure of that... But the game is the best entertainment you can buy.. Nothing beats high school sports...the momentum swings are amazing...both programs offer their own passionate fans. Both programs are use to a lot of success...& both sides have fans that don't take losing very well...thank goodness neither do much of that, or the basketball section of this board would be pretty boring...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed