#1 Houston Yates 155, Houston Davis 24

Here is a writeup on the game by a Yates staffer:

The #1 ranked mighty Lions from Houston Yates put on an impressive display here Monday night in front of a fired up Butler Fieldhouse to defeat the powerhouse Houston Davis Dingos 155-24. The fired up Dingos, seeking revenge for an earlier season 101 point defeat to the Lions, entered the court to a rousing home ovation and ear rattling lyrics of Eminem's "Lose Yourself" which they unfortunately took quite literally. After a hoods up and all business intro for the Lions things quickly went downhill for Davis. Despite once again missing leading scorer Damion Dotson, out with injury, the Lions jumped out to a 10-0 lead just under a minute in, leading Davis coach William Jeffrey to call a furious timeout knowing his team was going down faster than an italian cruiseship. The timeout worked to perfection as it nearly took 11 seconds before the Lions were able to add to their lead thanks to a Clyde "The Glide" Santee two handed throw down. The pressure D of the Lions was too much for the Dingo throughout the first half, leading to numerous easy shots and an increasingly insurmountable deficit. Two late first half threes by Lions guard Darrion Martin sent them to a 73-11 edge after two quarters. Halftime brought about a bit of looking to a higher power for Coach Jeffrey as he spent it surrounded by his players Tebowing in silence, something even Tim himself realized was out of his control. Yates head honcho and the Sultan of Sportsmanship Greg Wise was surprisingly satisfied by his teams effort through two quarters, yet knowing the pedal could be pushed a bit farther. The bench was emptied in the third for the Lions, yet many couldn't tell as the lead continued to be pushed and the Dingo couldn't buy a bucket, clearly the result of the schools numerous budget cuts. The fourth and final quarter brought about more of the same, yet several exciting plays for the Lions. Having suited up at half due to the score, Lion mascot and the only male cheerleader Jarvis Hickey came off the bench to play for the first time since little dribblers, much to the delight of the Yates faithful. With instructions from Coach Wise to "Smash Da Gas" the Lions put it in overdrive, starting with a baseline hammer from Hickey, leading Coach Jeffrey to sport a face that Eli Manning would think was sad. With Hickey heating up like had been in a Lion suit and the game reaching new levels of low, Coach Jeffrey took a seat, instead focusing on his 6 games of Words with Friends and anxiously anticipating the GOP debate he had Dvr'd. The only drama left was to see if the Dingo could hit the quarter century mark, and a foul with only 2.3 seconds left gave 1/2 star recruit Kevon Drayton a shot at the line, yet his attempt was a bit more left than a Billy Cundiff field goal, leaving them at 24 points. The Dingo(3-17,1-8) were lead by Drayton, who bettered his season and team leading average of 5 ppg by going 2-16 with 8 points. The mighty Lions(22-6, 9-0) were lead by Hickey with 20, Santee with 18 and Hakeem "The Dream" Davis with 13 as all players hit double figures. When asked about the rout post game Coach Wise said he wasn't running a score up, simply preparing his team for a deep playoff run and "stirring em up". Up next however is a game Friday with the Sharpstown Swordfish whom they defeated by a slim 46 point margin a few weeks back. Everyone come out to Barnett Stadium and support the Lions in their quest to return to state.
Lets Go Lions
Bamaboy Staff #3
Head Writer
Houston Yates Lions

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1166890" timestamp="1327689801"]
Nederland fans......you SURE you want any of that? :D
[/quote]

starting to hijack threads, Dickie... you already have 2 or 3 where you can discuss the merits of Nederland basketball.  let's not turn this thread into another one, please.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1166898" timestamp="1327690535"]
No problem...However we were discussing Yates this morning..thought it was fitting.. 8)
[/quote]

the one question isn't so bad, except it might generate 8 answers, which you'll give 8 replies to, which will lead to 10 more pages of Nederland vs. the world :)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1166912" timestamp="1327691615"]
I didn't see anything wrong with the article :-\
[/quote]

seriously?

after beating the crap out of them, this guy rubs it in over and over again, insulting their team, program, and individual players...

[quote name="bullets13" post="1166916" timestamp="1327691968"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=94950.msg1166912#msg1166912 date=1327691615]
[/quote]

seriously?

after beating the crap out of them, this guy rubs it in over and over again, insulting their team, program, and individual players...
[/quote]LOL! Not offended at all.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1166917" timestamp="1327692189"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=94950.msg1166916#msg1166916 date=1327691968]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=94950.msg1166912#msg1166912 date=1327691615]
[/quote]

seriously?

[/quote]LOL! [b]Not offended at all[/b].
[/quote]

Hmmmm...... food for thought. Will keep this in mind. ;)

They beat the snot out of them! Shaquille "Sunflower" Jones closed the game with a pass off the back board to himself and slammed it down with two hands. On the way back up the court he gave a shout out to his folks as the score board read 155-24. LOL I think it's funny as heck! I heard Silsbee will be traveling to 3rd Ward next season. Is this true?

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1166943" timestamp="1327694796"]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=94950.msg1166940#msg1166940 date=1327694651]
I cant believe a coach would put it on another team like that, but i dont keep up with BB like I do football. [b]I guess its exceptable[/b]
[/quote]
Not really.
[/quote]It's [b]exceptional[/b], but not [b]acceptable[/b]!  ;)

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1166945" timestamp="1327694876"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=94950.msg1166943#msg1166943 date=1327694796]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=94950.msg1166940#msg1166940 date=1327694651]
I cant believe a coach would put it on another team like that, but i dont keep up with BB like I do football. [b]I guess its exceptable[/b]
[/quote]
Not really.
[/quote]It's [b]exceptional[/b], but not [b]acceptable[/b]!  ;)
[/quote]haha, no comment ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami