LC-M vs. Lumberton Game Thread/Lumberton wins 57-52 in OT!

WOSgrad

[quote name="slick74" post="1165513" timestamp="1327462309"]
Lumberton won 57-52 in overtime.
We got lucky with the win. Very, very out coached!!
[/quote]

Tough hard fought game. Congrats to Lumberton.

My reply is to slick74 post is in three parts:
1. I too thought LCM's coaches seemed a step ahead and put our girls in a position to win in a game that had a ton of distractions and  extracurricular activity going on everywhere. (get back to this in a minute) The most evident was halftime adjustments.  LCM was down by 8 at the half and opened the 3rd with a 15-0 run. (or something close to that) Sometimes the youth and inexperience of this team still becomes a big factor after glimpses of great potential. 

2. How games are called.  I don't think bad calls cost anybody this game and I'm not blaming a loss on the refs, but if you were in this gym last night (on either side) you left without a clue as to what was a foul and what was not.  I try my best to see the game with my eyes and not my heart, but last night was unbelievable.  (JV game was even worse)

3. I know Lumberton has had some well documented coach/parent/fan problems in the past and this is truely NOT an effort to throw fuel on that fire all over again.  I am not privileged to all of the inside knowleged of the Lumberton team, but I have seen most of these girls play for several years during the season and summer league and there are some talented girls sitting the bench with shoes that look like they just came out of the box. 

I was not at game but I don't understand how you come on here and run down Coach Goad. This is her FIRST year as a varsity basketball coach. She took over a program in turmoil, has had to deal with some more this year, and has her team in position to make the playoffs.

As for last night's game. I will always give the kids credit because they play the game. Lumberton blew a 8 point lead, apparently got down by 7 ine the 2nd half and came back to win?  All dispite the refs being terrible...
That doesn't sound like bad coaching to me.

I'm not saying she's perfect, but give her a chance and get her out of the microscope.
Congrats girls and Coach Goad!!!

[quote name="Slam14" post="1165838" timestamp="1327517400"]
[quote author=slick74 link=topic=94813.msg1165513#msg1165513 date=1327462309]
[/quote]

1. I too thought LCM's coaches seemed a step ahead and put our girls in a position to win in a game that had a ton of distractions and  extracurricular activity going on everywhere. (get back to this in a minute) The most evident was halftime adjustments.  LCM was down by 8 at the half and opened the 3rd with a 15-0 run. (or something close to that) Sometimes the youth and inexperience of this team still becomes a big factor after glimpses of great potential. 

2. How games are called.  I don't think bad calls cost anybody this game and I'm not blaming a loss on the refs, but if you were in this gym last night (on either side) you left without a clue as to what was a foul and what was not.  I try my best to see the game with my eyes and not my heart, but last night was unbelievable.  (JV game was even worse)

3. I know Lumberton has had some well documented coach/parent/fan problems in the past and this is truely NOT an effort to throw fuel on that fire all over again.  I am not privileged to all of the inside knowleged of the Lumberton team, but I have seen most of these girls play for several years during the season and summer league and there are some talented girls sitting the bench with shoes that look like they just came out of the box.
[/quote]

[quote name="The Ingredient" post="1166436" timestamp="1327609251"]
I was not at game but I don't understand how you come on here and run down Coach Goad. This is her FIRST year as a varsity basketball coach. She took over a program in turmoil, has had to deal with some more this year, and has her team in position to make the playoffs.

As for last night's game. I will always give the kids credit because they play the game. Lumberton blew a 8 point lead, apparently got down by 7 ine the 2nd half and came back to win?  All dispite the refs being terrible...

I'm not saying she's perfect, but give her a chance and get her out of the microscope.

[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=94813.msg1165838#msg1165838 date=1327517400]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
My comments were strictly to give our coaching staff an "atta boy" for what I thought was a good job in spite of the fact that we lost the game...and I [b]WAS[/b] there to see it. 

The bold/red comments are the ones I have issue with. Why would you make your 3rd comment at all if you are "not privileged to all of the inside knowleged of the Lumberton team" ???
This is a discussion board and you're entitled to whatever opinion you want to have. I just haven't read or seen anything this year that justifies these comments.

Good luck Lady Raiders and stay focused on the goal at hand!!

[quote name="Slam14" post="1166533" timestamp="1327620234"]
[quote author=The Ingredient link=topic=94813.msg1166436#msg1166436 date=1327609251]

We got lucky with the win. [color=red][b]Very, very out coached!![/b][/color][/quote]

3. I know Lumberton has had some well documented coach/parent/fan problems in the past and this is truely NOT an effort to throw fuel on that fire all over again.  I am not privileged to all of the inside knowleged of the Lumberton team, [b][color=red]but I have seen most of these girls play for several years during the season and summer league and there are some talented girls sitting the bench with shoes that look like they just came out of the box. [/color] [/b] [/quote]
[/quote]
My comments were strictly to give our coaching staff an "atta boy" for what I thought was a good job in spite of the fact that we lost the game...and I [b]WAS[/b] there to see it.
[/quote]

[quote name="The Ingredient" post="1166600" timestamp="1327634246"]
The bold/red comments are the ones I have issue with. Why would you make your 3rd comment at all if you are "not privileged to all of the inside knowleged of the Lumberton team" ???
This is a discussion board and you're entitled to whatever opinion you want to have. I just haven't read or seen anything this year that justifies these comments.

Good luck Lady Raiders and stay focused on the goal at hand!!

[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=94813.msg1166533#msg1166533 date=1327620234]
[quote author=The Ingredient link=topic=94813.msg1166436#msg1166436 date=1327609251]

We got lucky with the win. [color=red][b]Very, very out coached!![/b][/color][/quote]

3. I know Lumberton has had some well documented coach/parent/fan problems in the past and this is truely NOT an effort to throw fuel on that fire all over again.  I am not privileged to all of the inside knowleged of the Lumberton team, [b][color=red]but I have seen most of these girls play for several years during the season and summer league and there are some talented girls sitting the bench with shoes that look like they just came out of the box. [/color] [/b] [/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
  I thought I justified my comments by first admitting that I don't know every detail of the Lumberton situation, and then added my opinion with the reasoning behind my comments....I have seen those girls play many times.  I made no harse comment toward any coaches and couldn't care less who coaches at Lumberton and what goes on there.  The "very very outcoached" comment came from one of your own and your outrageous reaction lets all know that maybe things haven't changed in Lumberton after all.
Sorry I struck a nerve.

Good luck the rest of the year to the girls of Lumberton.

(77, you should have had some girls so you could part of the drama world!!)  ;D

Hey Slam, do you still have a daughter playing? It was an exciting game. It was also a little sloppy. I have seen the Lumberton girls play better but I will gladly take the win. The Refs..... well, it was bad both ways. In my opinion, both coaches had their hands full in this game. They were both working the refs and dealing with foul trouble. We had one of our guards go down with an injury and then came back. I hope she is ok! I think the LCM coach gave away her teams chance to win in OT when she got the tech. LCM was only down by 2 when that happened. I think she is a good coach from what I've seen but that was costly because we made those shots. Good luck tonight Lady Raiders!

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1166849" timestamp="1327685720"]
There will always be drama with girls. That being said I am so glad my daughter is out of high school so I don't have to watch are listen to this crap anymore.
[/quote]

Better watch those words Paw Paw - You'll be back before you know it,  ;) - Congrat's and she's a Beauty!!!

[quote name="LR2014" post="1166820" timestamp="1327684056"]
Hey Slam, do you still have a daughter playing? It was an exciting game. It was also a little sloppy. I have seen the Lumberton girls play better but I will gladly take the win. The Refs..... well, it was bad both ways. In my opinion, both coaches had their hands full in this game. They were both working the refs and dealing with foul trouble. We had one of our guards go down with an injury and then came back. I hope she is ok! I think the LCM coach gave away her teams chance to win in OT when she got the tech. LCM was only down by 2 when that happened. I think she is a good coach from what I've seen but that was costly because we made those shots. Good luck tonight Lady Raiders!
[/quote]

Yep, still have one playing. My youngest is a junior.
The game was pretty exciting and would have runs of great play for a while and then each team would get sloppy for a while.  I think the refs let things get out of hand and both coaches were justified in their questioning.  The tech hurt, but I find it hard to fault the passion.  That blow-up was building the whole game.  I guess I would have been upset with the tech if I hadn't thought it was justified.  Just one of those things.

To Lumberton's credit...I thought one of the key elements was in the 4th quarter and OT, a couple of the senior raider players did a good job of talking to and calming down their teammates and playing under control when there was caos all around.   

There will always be drama with girls. That being said I am so glad my daughter is out of high school so I don't have to watch are listen to this crap anymore.
[/quote]

Seems to me like you're still watchin and listenin.  ;)

[/quote]

And yet you still read it...which I will do too!!  ;D ;D

[quote name="The Ingredient" post="1166436" timestamp="1327609251"]
I was not at game but I don't understand how you come on here and run down Coach Goad. This is her[color=red] FIRST year as a varsity basketball coach[/color].[color=green] She took over a program in turmoil, has had to deal with some more this year, and has her team in position to make the playoffs. [/color] As for last night's game. [color=blue]I will always give the kids credit [/color] because they play the game. Lumberton blew a 8 point lead, apparently got down by 7 ine the 2nd half and came back to win?  All dispite the refs being terrible...
[color=yellow]That doesn't sound like bad coaching to me.[/color]
[color=maroon]Congrats girls and Coach Goad!!![/color]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder