Hamburger Depot/SETXsports Weekly High School Preview Show/ TONIGHT 6pm-8pm

The Hamburger Depot/SETXsports Weekly High School Preview Show will air LIVE TONIGHT in downtown Beaumont. Come join Mike Sanchez (AAW), Rob Lietzke (LAZEEK), Robert Sells (BMTSoulja) and the rest of the crew at the Hamburger Depot location at 790 Neches St., downtown Beaumont from 6pm-8pm for lot's of food and fun!! We will be reviewing the games from last week, previewing this weeks games, announce our Dirty Dozen rankings, update district standings and in our last segment of the show, we will have open discussion where we will answer questions and discuss comments that you the listener provide for us here on this thread. So if you cannot make it out to the Depot, post your questions and comments here on this thread for our discussion segment at the end of our show.

Show starts at 6pm to 8pm, LIVE at Hamburger Depot!!

Just click the link provided to listen to the show LIVE!!

Hamburger Depot/SETXsports Weekly HS Preview Show, LIVE TONIGHT here at SETXsports.com!!!

http://www.setxsports.com/index.php/broadcasts/shows/1143-setxsports-show

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="1164814" timestamp="1327359213"]
Is Nederland ever going to make it in the tabc polls?!?
[/quote]

I am beginning to think that it will take a blowout of either Ozen or Central (20+ points) to get Nederland into the rankings and run the table on everyone else to get there.

Thats just not going to happen....Nederland is just not THAT much better than the other teams in that district.  Coach English pulls the right triggers at the right times in crucial part of games (That is about as politically correct as it gets  ;)) which gives them an edge in THIS area, in THAT district.  8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1164823" timestamp="1327360219"]
Thats just not going to happen....Nederland is just not THAT much better than the other teams in that district.  Coach English pulls the right triggers at the right times in crucial part of games (That is about as politically correct as it gets  ;)) which gives them an edge in THIS area, in THAT district.  8)
[/quote]

I'll address this during the show tonight.

many of the voters have HJ second or third in our dirty dozen polls... how does the team with both the most wins AND the least losses lose their only game on the road on a half court buzzer beater, and then all of a sudden lose the respect of 3/4 of the voters?  and how does nederland ever get mentioned before them, with more than 10 less wins, 5 or more losses (don't feel like looking up exact records), and a terrible loss against them in their only head to head matchup?  i mean, i can KINDA see someone putting Silsbee on top, but HJ 3rd?  give me a break!

[quote name="bullets13" post="1164833" timestamp="1327361766"]
many of the voters have HJ second or third in our dirty dozen polls... how does the team with both the most wins AND the least losses lose their only game on the road on a half court buzzer beater, and then all of a sudden lose the respect of 3/4 of the voters?  and how does nederland ever get mentioned before them, with more than 10 less wins, 5 or more losses (don't feel like looking up exact records), and a terrible loss against them in their only head to head matchup?  i mean, i can KINDA see someone putting Silsbee on top, but HJ 3rd?  give me a break!
[/quote]

So is what you saying is that anyone that put Nederland above HJ is an idiot?

[quote name="bullets13" post="1164833" timestamp="1327361766"]
[/quote]

Play that game again, see what happens ;) But all these teams are really close and they discussed this already. Best four teams in the area in no order: Central, Silsbee, HJ, Nederland

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1164835" timestamp="1327362048"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=94709.msg1164833#msg1164833 date=1327361766]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess I am an idiot!!! ::) ::)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1164837" timestamp="1327362228"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=94709.msg1164835#msg1164835 date=1327362048]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=94709.msg1164833#msg1164833 date=1327361766]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess I am an idiot!!! ::) ::)
[/quote]

You and me both.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1164856" timestamp="1327367456"]
Folks, do ya think LAZEEK is HOMER??? :o (listening to the webcast)...Silsbee beat HJ...buzzer beater or not, it was a SILSBEE WIN...If you had to rank them TODAY, you HAVE to rank Silsbee AHEAD of HJ..For NOW at least...dont ya think, guys? ???
[/quote]  YES

Going back to the rankings, and someone saying winning by 2 at LCM, Is no big deal, let's take a look at that for a minute. Ned beat LCM by 2 and Ozen beat LCM by 1 at LCM. NEDbeat Central by 17 at home, and Central beat LCM at home by 37. Silsbee only beat Ozen by 3 in OT earlier in the year (I believe). LCM is not an easy place to play. Remember that the last time Ned lost a district game was Feb 2, 2010 AT LCM!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83