Kudos to the WOS coaching staff

I had an opportunity to watch all three games at WOS gym last evening and I would like to congratulate the Mustang coaching staff for what they are doing/accomplishing with the basketball program.  Even though the final margin in the varsity game seemed large, the Mustangs were very much in the game for 2.5 quarters.  Foul trouble and exhaustion, in my opinion were the two main factors that prevented them from being in the game all the way to the end.  WOS has always had a number of athletes but has never put much emphasis on basketball.  In spite of that, the coach/staff has taken control and taught these kids what needs to be done and my guess/bet is that this ongoing process will do nothing but get better.  After watching the two underlevel games and observing the approach they are using at all levels, I believe the basketball future at WOS is very bright.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="stevenash" post="1163926" timestamp="1327161257"]
I had an opportunity to watch all three games at WOS gym last evening and I would like to congratulate the Mustang coaching staff for what they are doing/accomplishing with the basketball program.  Even though the final margin in the varsity game seemed large, the Mustangs were very much in the game for 2.5 quarters.  Foul trouble and exhaustion, in my opinion were the two main factors that prevented them from being in the game all the way to the end.  WOS has always had a number of athletes but has never put much emphasis on basketball.  In spite of that, the coach/staff has taken control and taught these kids what needs to be done and my guess/bet is that this ongoing process will do nothing but get better.  After watching the two underlevel games and observing the approach they are using at all levels, I believe the basketball future at WOS is very bright.
[/quote]
Well stated, Nash. :)

We are extremely happy that Coach Wilkins is in charge of the basketball program.  He has in a short time exhibited the ability to build a solid program and last night's final margin notwithstanding (although to at least one alum, a margin that was anticipated) has made great progress toward a program that could be considered a candidate for a spot in Huntsville or Austin.  But after this season with come the hard part and, quite frankly, a task which the WOCCISD has failed miserably at in the past. That is convincing Coach Wilkins that his future is in building such a program at WO-S and not moving on elsewhere. For one reason or another, a number of talented basketball coaches have been allowed to escape (Quinn, McCarter and even a kid named Sutherland).  I am somewhat optimistic that Coach Thompson will be more successful in that regard than Coach Hooks was, but you never know.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1163962" timestamp="1327166193"]
Perhaps the HJ dunk was less than a 5 on a 1-10 scale, so the news cameras missed it!!!  ;D
[/quote]Wrong.  Sean's dunk was right in front of the camera on Channel 6 (I believe) right before they ended the segment.

I think they wanted to save the best for last!

[quote name="stevenash" post="1163926" timestamp="1327161257"]
[/quote] well stated.. its nice to give credit where its needed and I agree with you completely on this.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1164025" timestamp="1327182066"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=94665.msg1163962#msg1163962 date=1327166193]
Perhaps the HJ dunk was less than a 5 on a 1-10 scale, so the news cameras missed it!!!  ;D
[/quote]Wrong.  Sean's dunk was right in front of the camera on Channel 6 (I believe) right before they ended the segment.

I think they wanted to save the best for last!
[/quote]

Not sure why they didnt show it...I guess sweet midrange jumpers will have to do

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1164166" timestamp="1327246206"]
Ok, let me get this straight...  Since the dunkometer showed 1-1, and since WO-S's showed on TV, then does that mean that the media felt like the dunkothon was slightly tipped in WO-S's favor?
[/quote]

Both dunks were on the TV highlight reel. Saw them myself.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1164166" timestamp="1327246206"]
Ok, let me get this straight...  Since the dunkometer showed 1-1, and since WO-S's showed on TV, then does that mean that the media felt like the dunkothon was slightly tipped in WO-S's favor?
[/quote]

And we all certainly know how well qualilfied the media is to make that determination.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124