Why would 3A power houses do this???

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1153645" timestamp="1325613502"]
I don't see where anyone is hammering Evadale for playing HJ and Silsbee. The person who started this thread is hammering HJ and Silsbee for playing Evadale.

I was told that Flower Mound Marcus turned HJ down and Yates turned Silsbee down, therefore Evadale stepped in. ;)
[/quote]
That's how Anahuac got on Nederland's schedule. Barber's Hill backed out.  Scheduling games is not as 'easy' as some may think.

I don't see where anyone is hammering Evadale for playing HJ and Silsbee. The person who started this thread is hammering HJ and Silsbee for playing Evadale.

I was told that Flower Mound Marcus turned HJ down and Yates turned Silsbee down, therefore Evadale stepped in. ;)
[/quote]  Flower Mound Marcus Would Not Waste There Time With H.J. :) :) :) :) :)

[/quote]yeah i dont see anyone hammring evadale, i would love to see them play them close, its really shows some balls on there end. i just dont see how this can benefit HJ/Silsbee when dist starts in one week, do they plan on playing some JV teams during dist???? i just wish we would have had them on are schedule last year at this same point:)

Here's the scoop:

Silsbee and Evadale (Williams & Williams) got together in the summer and scheduled this game. Evadale approached Silsbee about scheduling the game and Silsbee said yes. Travis and Laurence are good friends and wanted this game.

HJ called Evadale looking for a game this week because HJ had no game for this week after a team dropped them from their schedule. Evadale was off Friday night so Laurence agreed to play HJ. Pretty simple if you ask me.

[quote name="ST413" post="1153871" timestamp="1325632218"]
You didn't want any part of either team last year especially the Tigers.
[/quote]well since me and yalls star last year "DC" have talked about thiis everytime we hangout, and we both say that we wish we would have played and both think it would have been a good game and a good work out, and for BS that game did not help ether team get ready for dist.

I disagree! Silsbee has already played one of the toughest non district schedules of any team in Texas as far as 3A. Who else should you play? Yates? Bush? Travis? All those teams could beat Silsbee by 40! Playing Evadale at home on a school night before district is fine. They didnt have a game to begin with. Look at it this way, 20-4A has already started district play, no other 3A local team is worth playing, and Evadale was in Austin last year. Silsbee needed a game to be able to get their second unit some time on the floor. They needed a game where the could actually practice some free throws, defense, and anstrong 9 man rotation into district.

[quote name="Water Boy 21" post="1154050" timestamp="1325647282"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=93637.msg1153871#msg1153871 date=1325632218]
[/quote]well since me and yalls star last year "DC" have talked about thiis everytime we hangout, and we both say that we wish we would have played and both think it would have been a good game and a good work out, and for BS that game did not help ether team get ready for dist.
[/quote]

DC isn't going to be disrespectful but he knows it wouldn't have been close at the end.

[quote name="ST413" post="1154085" timestamp="1325648656"]
[quote author=Water Boy 21 link=topic=93637.msg1154050#msg1154050 date=1325647282]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=93637.msg1153871#msg1153871 date=1325632218]
[/quote]

DC isn't going to be disrespectful but he knows it wouldn't have been close at the end.
[/quote]

I agree.  DC just being nice.  HJ and Silsbee each would have beat Evadale last year by 25 plus at any point of the season.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1153914" timestamp="1325634526"]
Here's the scoop:

Silsbee and Evadale (Williams & Williams) got together in the summer and scheduled this game. Evadale approached Silsbee about scheduling the game and Silsbee said yes. Travis and Laurence are good friends and wanted this game.

HJ called Evadale looking for a game this week because HJ had no game for this week after a team dropped them from their schedule. Evadale was off Friday night so Laurence agreed to play HJ. Pretty simple if you ask me.
[/quote]

Disappointed that HJ's opponent backed out of this game.  Younger son & teammates were looking  forward to a rematch that would be called a little more evenly - oh well. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami