Comment about Silsbee

BADSANTA

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1152463" timestamp="1325259754"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=93543.msg1152440#msg1152440 date=1325255883]
Yes they did but I feel Silsbee is the better team and should have on the game in the Nederland Tourney as well. West Brook has played up and down all year. Just when you think there on a roll they lose 3 straight.
[/quote]But that havn't lost 3 straight.  since beating Silsbee and Nederland, they took a loss in the championship round of the Nederland Tourney to a very good Villiage team by 3 points.  They went on to beat Central by 10.  They also took a close loss the following game to Kashmere and loss to Hightower, who is very good.  That's 2 losses in a row to good teams.  They wrapped up with a win against Ike.  Which brings us to today where they would have been playing you guys.
[/quote]Gotta disagree with you on this one Souljah. Kashmere is not a good team. I heard they were not good and I saw them yesterday. Real bad team IMHO. But, some teams do match up better against each other.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="sleepy" post="1152453" timestamp="1325257702"]
Silsbee's tough schedule coupled with HJ's weak schedule will result in two Silsbee wins agains HJ, a district championship, and most likely a state championship.
[/quote]

Disagree. HJ should win state this year. If they don't, well............

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1152540" timestamp="1325272693"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=93543.msg1152453#msg1152453 date=1325257702]
Silsbee's tough schedule coupled with HJ's weak schedule will result in two Silsbee wins agains HJ, a district championship, and most likely a state championship.
[/quote]

Disagree. HJ should win state this year. If they don't, well............
[/quote]There are probably about 6 to 8 teams that "should" win state this year.  The difference is always the intangibles - breaks, injuries, matchups, etc.

[quote name="MBaller#1" post="1152269" timestamp="1325211747"]
I know it's too early to talk about this but this tiger team is dangerous  big guys or small guys by I like the fact that this team should be together not only this year but next year too so I love the tough schedule I only prepares you for the long district run the tigers have at least another 2 years to win it all and yea they are not afraid of Hj they will be ready for them.
[/quote]Enuff of this crap. I'm getting sick and tired of Silsbee people disrespecting Hardin Jefferson. For now on, when you mention HJ, don't forget to type or say, 3a #1 State Ranked Hardin Jefferson Hawks. Give the #1team in the state some respect people.

[quote name="Ochocinco" post="1152558" timestamp="1325273606"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=93543.msg1152555#msg1152555 date=1325273464]
How is that disrespectful of hj? alll it says is Silsbee isnt afraid of hj.
[/quote]I'm talking about calling them HJ. They're no longer HJ. They're 3a, #1 state ranked HJ  ;D  ;D
[/quote]

How about we say 1st in 3A ranked HJ who has played a somewhat softer schedule than Silsbee?  :) I can tell you when I asked Silsbee's coaching staff what there thoughts were about playing HJ, they replied "PAIN"!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1152469" timestamp="1325260157"]
I see your point. I think that Silsbee's 1st win by 16 is a true reflection of how good Silsbee is. I see West Brook as a playoff team of course, but I didnt count them beating Silsbee twice. The only 3A teams who will give Silsbee a run for their money are HJ, Sealy, and Meixa. Silsbee has beat themselves in a few games this year missing free throws and inconsistent 3 point shooting.
[/quote]

You may want to add Brookshire Royal to that list. They will big a tough obstacle en route to Austin.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1152706" timestamp="1325291608"]
Haven't heard much from them this year. Have they played any good competition?
[/quote]
Saw them play this weekend in The Gulf Coast Classic at Barber's Hill. Nederland played them in the Semi-Final game and Royal won by 1. Nederland did not play their best game, but had a chance to win. Ned missed a last second shot. They then lost to Cy Ridge in the finals. Royal has lots of size (6'7", 6'5", & 6'4") and speed.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1152451" timestamp="1325257494"]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=93543.msg1152308#msg1152308 date=1325216174]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=93543.msg1152137#msg1152137 date=1325195365]
I doubt if HJ is ready for them! I don't think HJ is in the same book as Kimball and Silsbee played them close for the most part.
[/quote]

Flipped again huh?  You've gone from HJ being the best team ever to being inferior to Silsbee to being the best team in region 3 and back to being inferior to Silsbee - I am SO thankful you aren't lending your name to the HJ program. 
[/quote]
Is there ANY AMOUNT that you would take or ANY WAY that I could persuade you to take him, anyway? ;D
[/quote]

Tigersvoice, I can always use more cash since I'm not a millionaire like BS, but I'm sorry to say he's all yours. 

BMRM I think it's hard for you to understand that I truly honestly like you. You seem like your a decent creature of nature. I just don't know why you seem to like to call me out. I hope in the deep down corners of my bones that Silsbee beats HJ so I can personally walk over to you and say "IN THE FACE"!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124