Silsbee vs. Anahuac Game Thread/Silsbee wins 105-25!

WOSgrad

I wasn't there tonight but other than just holding the ball, I am not sure the Tigers can do much in a case like this.  If we didn't press and played zone the entire second half not much more can be done assuming our player rotation was followed.  Last week at least in the first half we played everyone in the same manner as Sigler did the year the Tigers went undefeated in the regular season.  The second half oof that game was a little different.  I would imagine he foolowed that rotation the whole game tonight if not even playing the starters less. 

[quote name="ST413" post="1148826" timestamp="1324354198"]
I wasn't there tonight but other than just holding the ball, I am not sure the Tigers can do much in a case like this.  If we didn't press and played zone the entire second half not much more can be done assuming our player rotation was followed.  Last week at least in the first half we played everyone in the same manner as Sigler did the year the Tigers went undefeated in the regular season.  The second half oof that game was a little different.  I would imagine he foolowed that rotation the whole game tonight if not even playing the starters less.
[/quote]

Playing zone, rotating players and still score 46 points in one half?? I was not there either, but that's hard to believe. I'm not one to feel sorry for a team losing badly, but at some point, you should pull your starters and play Ur 2nd and 3rd teamers. Maybe the coach did that-I don't know. I remember a couple of years ago, Yates got some National attention (negatively) for beating teams by 100 points. Since then, they have not done that.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1148844" timestamp="1324358615"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=93300.msg1148826#msg1148826 date=1324354198]
[/quote]

[b]Playing zone, rotating players and still score 46 points in one half?? [/b] I was not there either, but that's hard to believe. I'm not one to feel sorry for a team losing badly, but at some point, you should pull your starters and play Ur 2nd and 3rd teamers. Maybe the coach did that-I don't know. I remember a couple of years ago, Yates got some National attention (negatively) for beating teams by 100 points. Since then, they have not done that.
[/quote]

silsbee's bench is good enough to beat Anahuac by 40 or 50, so i'm not surprised at all.

[/quote]

Playing zone, rotating players and still score 46 points in one half?? I was not there either, but that's hard to believe. I'm not one to feel sorry for a team losing badly, but at some point, you should pull your starters and play Ur 2nd and 3rd teamers. Maybe the coach did that-I don't know. I remember a couple of years ago, Yates got some National attention (negatively) for beating teams by 100 points. Since then, they have not done that.
[/quote]

Like I said I bet our second and third strings started playing at about the four minute mark of the first quarter.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="ST413" post="1148851" timestamp="1324360153"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=93300.msg1148844#msg1148844 date=1324358615]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Like I said I bet our second and third strings started playing at about the four minute mark of the first quarter.
[/quote]
I'm not sure that Silsbee has any "3rd stringers."  I believe the team sees it as the starting 5 and the
balance are the "Bench."

Cant argue with that since there are only 7 on the bench but usally when the starters are replaced by a new five early in the game its the same five.  And when I have seen this third rotation generally it ha been the other two with a mixture of the others. I really shouldn't have used those labels.

Guest tigersvoice
[/quote]

[/quote]
This was a scheduling mismatch from the git-go.  And with the unfortunate turn of events for the Panthers, the situation became pathetic.  So, all you nay-sayers out there, how would you have played it if you were the Silsbee coach?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1148910" timestamp="1324388475"]
[quote author=AHSAlum link=topic=93300.msg1148852#msg1148852 date=1324361482]
Four of Anahuac's starters were kicked off team after failing a drug test, before start of game today.
[/quote]wHOA wait a minute! Wasn't Anahuac already losing by large margins to teams?
[/quote]
yes they were.. 3rd place in our district is wide open

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1148910" timestamp="1324388475"]
[quote author=AHSAlum link=topic=93300.msg1148852#msg1148852 date=1324361482]
Four of Anahuac's starters were kicked off team after failing a drug test, before start of game today.
[/quote]wHOA wait a minute! Wasn't Anahuac already losing by large margins to teams?
[/quote]

Never said they werent. Last nights team consisted of the Freshman and JV team with only 4 actual Varsity players and only 1 of them was a starter.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124