Stump / west brook

12gage

[quote name="2% Milk" post="1149409" timestamp="1324444903"]
[quote author=tupac7 link=topic=93264.msg1149397#msg1149397 date=1324441670]
all do respect you are wrong...I was a an assistant who saw everything...I will be graduating from Lamar this spring but was allowed o coach on that staff...I like the new guy he was a figure head and did not run the program..I can't speak for is time at the brook but I know he won every year up until ozen opened up..
[/quote]If you are an assistant who are you?
[/quote]

yeah right..he thinks Rabb was the  headcoach at Kelly in '07-08

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1149515" timestamp="1324481384"]
[quote author=2% Milk link=topic=93264.msg1149409#msg1149409 date=1324444903]
all do respect you are wrong...I was a an assistant who saw everything...I will be graduating from Lamar this spring but was allowed o coach on that staff...I like the new guy he was a figure head and did not run the program..I can't speak for is time at the brook but I know he won every year up until ozen opened up..
[/quote]If you are an assistant who are you?
[/quote]

yeah right..he thinks Rabb was the  headcoach at Kelly in '07-08
[/quote] :o  :D :D

[quote name="SFA85" post="1149430" timestamp="1324473401"]
The reason why the back and forth over Ozen effecting WB's program is most of you are too young to remember Forest Park didn't win squat until 82'.  Football wise, that trophy case was empty while Hebert lost to Willowridge in the Region 3 finals in '81....
[/quote]

Forest Park [b]only[/b] exisited for a short  time-.
Pretty good football in the 60's, pretty bad in the 70's until '79

[quote name="tupac7" post="1149397" timestamp="1324441670"]
all do respect you are wrong...I was a an assistant who saw everything...I will be graduating from Lamar this spring but was allowed o coach on that staff...I like the new guy he was a figure head and did not run the program..I can't speak for is time at the brook but I know [b]he won every year up until ozen opened up..[/b][/quote]You keep saying this, but he was only Head Coach for 1 year when Ozen opened up. That was 1997, and he took WB to the quarterfinals with Chip Ambres at QB. The Bruins lost to Hastings.....I was on the sidelines! After that year, the program took a sharp decline. Hentschel saw the writing on the wall....when Ozen opened up, alot of those kids that lived in the Pear Orchard neighborhood, moved to Ozen. The Pear Orchard has always been where WB has gotten most of their talent, clear back to when it was Hebert. It most definitely had alot to do with the decline at WB. Rabb's offense was successful for many years, as long as he had the personnel to run it. When the talent dried up, that offense became inneffective. The records speak for itself during the "dark" years when Wb was the doormat of the district.

Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly - It's being said that Ozen holds the magic button to determine how WB's season will go? If all of the "talent" is at Ozen, how in the heck have we not made it the State Championship since our existence? Maybe had Stump been the coach at Ozen and mixed all of that in with the "talent" then we'd have a playoff banner for each year? 

[quote name="uandme08" post="1149640" timestamp="1324496334"]
Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly - It's being said that Ozen holds the magic button to determine how WB's season will go? If all of the "talent" is at Ozen, how in the heck have we not made it the State Championship since our existence? Maybe had Stump been the coach at Ozen and mixed all of that in with the "talent" then we'd have a playoff banner for each year?
[/quote] ;)

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1149637" timestamp="1324495732"]
all do respect you are wrong...I was a an assistant who saw everything...I will be graduating from Lamar this spring but was allowed o coach on that staff...I like the new guy he was a figure head and did not run the program..I can't speak for is time at the brook but I know [b]he won every year up until ozen opened up..[/b][/quote]You keep saying this, but he was only Head Coach for 1 year when Ozen opened up. That was 1997, and he took WB to the quarterfinals with Chip Ambres at QB. The Bruins lost to Hastings.....I was on the sidelines! After that year, the program took a sharp decline. Hentschel saw the writing on the wall....when Ozen opened up, alot of those kids that lived in the Pear Orchard neighborhood, moved to Ozen. The Pear Orchard has always been where WB has gotten most of their talent, clear back to when it was Hebert. It most definitely had alot to do with the decline at WB. Rabb's offense was successful for many years, as long as he had the personnel to run it. When the talent dried up, that offense became inneffective. The records speak for itself during the "dark" years when Wb was the doormat of the district.
[/quote]

Great post and I was at the Hastings game and WB would have won if they didn't turn the ball over 5 times. 4 fumbles and 1 int. Brother was on the sidelines as a member of the coaching staff.

He once told me, that team had the best athletes of any team he ever coached and Chip Ambres was the most talented player he was ever around.

However, you don't go that far in the 5A playoffs without other talent. BTW, that was before the UIL went to Division I and Division II in each classification. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder