Stump / west brook

12gage

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1149196" timestamp="1324416681"]
Bigred, please tell me why he was a good coach. His record speaks for itself. I was there for 4 years when Hentschel was coach. The play calling wasn't very good. I played defense so are no sour apples. Like I said, I have nothing against him and I think is a great guy, but he just wasn't a good coach. The school board probably wishes they would've picked someone else. There were other good candidates when Rabb got it. I'm surprised they let him coach that long, most coaches would be gone before going 7 years without making playoffs.

Back to thread, i hope WB gets a great coach and I'm sorry to see Stump go.
[/quote]

Scalp'em, I'm not saying he is the greatest Head Coach in the history of the school but he was/is better than some are making out. Just like the post above states a lot of kids when Ozen was first opened wanted to play there because it was the old Hebert where their dad's/uncles/relatives played and won a few state titles. Now, how can I know this? Because, I was told this by my brother who was on the WB coaching staff. He thinks Al Rabb is a fine coach and great person. He said he was a good offensive coach but there were factors that he either over-looked or wasn't able to do anything about.

For example, can a defensive staff put in a game plan in an hour and a half? Heck, no you can't but there were times at West Brook where that happened.

If you don't think opening Ozen affected the quality/numbers of athletes at WB I don't know what else to say.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigred360" post="1149214" timestamp="1324417859"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=93264.msg1149196#msg1149196 date=1324416681]
Bigred, please tell me why he was a good coach. His record speaks for itself. I was there for 4 years when Hentschel was coach. The play calling wasn't very good. I played defense so are no sour apples. Like I said, I have nothing against him and I think is a great guy, but he just wasn't a good coach. The school board probably wishes they would've picked someone else. There were other good candidates when Rabb got it. I'm surprised they let him coach that long, most coaches would be gone before going 7 years without making playoffs.

Back to thread, i hope WB gets a great coach and I'm sorry to see Stump go.
[/quote]

Scalp'em, I'm not saying he is the greatest Head Coach in the history of the school but he was/is better than some are making out. Just like the post above states a lot of kids when Ozen was first opened wanted to play there because it was the old Hebert where their dad's/uncles/relatives played and won a few state titles. Now, how can I know this? Because, I was told this by my brother who was on the WB coaching staff. He thinks Al Rabb is a fine coach and great person. He said he was a good offensive coach but there were factors that he either over-looked or wasn't able to do anything about.

For example, can a defensive staff put in a game plan in an hour and a half? Heck, no you can't but there were times at West Brook where that happened.

If you don't think opening Ozen affected the quality/numbers of athletes at WB I don't know what else to say.
[/quote]

Ageed BigRed.  Funny how some posts on Kelly's playoff run stated it was because of Coach Rabb's presence that they succeeded.  Now he is being villified here.  Coach Rabb is a good coach and an even better man/role model for the kids he coaches.  Good luck Coach Stump. 

Never said Rabb was a bad guy! IMO he wasn't a good coach. Doesn't mean I don't like the guy or I think he's evil. Btw, what did all of that talent that WB lost to Ozen do? If I remember not much. I think around same record WB had and that was at 4a level. I do think it hurt a bit, but don't think it was overall factor.

[quote name="tupac7" post="1149288" timestamp="1324426577"]
al rabb won every year he was a beaumont until ozen opened up...When he finally built the program  back up he was let go. HE was in the state championship game with kelly and stump never did that. Ask anyone who knows who ran that program this year?.....Rabb
[/quote]Where do you get your info from? I'm a Kelly fan and I know nothing of Rabb running the program he helped but he did not run the whole program.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Ozen has been open since Stump got there and WB has done well under his direction. Ozen has done decent and had great year this year. You can't blame it all on Ozen opening. The same is true fot Stump, but he won every year! Keep using those excuses. What's Kelly have to with anything. Talking WB. Rabb is like the youth minister now at Kelly, don't follow them that much, but no way you can compare WB and Kelly.

Geeeeeeeeezzzzz.  Let's agree that you did not keep up with West Brook and the opening of Ozen and the affects it had on football.  I can't say it any more. Re-read please.  I would think you could agree you can't expect a 5a football team to have success when it had 2 dang freshmen come out for football in 97.  Look how the records fell from 4 rounds deep in 97 to 5 and 5 to the district doormate.......  Facts are facts.  If you want to disagree with facts then so be it. 

al rabb won every year he was a beaumont until ozen opened up...When he finally built the program  back up he was let go. HE was in the state championship game with kelly and stump never did that.[b] Ask anyone who knows who ran that program this year?[/b].....Rabb
[/quote]

thats pure nonsense......rabb was an assistant IN a state championship game....when rabb was at WB, I saw some of the stupidest play calling I'd ever seen.

He's just hanging around till his grandsons go thru St. Anne and kelly.

all do respect you are wrong...I was a an assistant who saw everything...I will be graduating from Lamar this spring but was allowed o coach on that staff...I like the new guy he was a figure head and did not run the program..I can't speak for is time at the brook but I know he won every year up until ozen opened up..

[quote name="tupac7" post="1149397" timestamp="1324441670"]
all do respect you are wrong...I was a an assistant who saw everything...I will be graduating from Lamar this spring but was allowed o coach on that staff...I like the new guy he was a figure head and did not run the program..I can't speak for is time at the brook but I know he won every year up until ozen opened up..
[/quote]If you are an assistant who are you?

al rabb won every year he was a beaumont until ozen opened up...When he finally built the program  back up he was let go. HE was in the state championship game with kelly and stump never did that. Ask anyone who knows who ran that program this year?.....Rabb
[/quote]That's the side of his neck talking...  ::)

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1149344" timestamp="1324435898"]
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Ozen has been open since Stump got there and WB has done well under his direction. Ozen has done decent and had great year this year. You can't blame it all on Ozen opening. The same is true fot Stump, but he won every year! Keep using those excuses. What's Kelly have to with anything. Talking WB. Rabb is like the youth minister now at Kelly, don't follow them that much, but no way you can compare WB and Kelly.
[/quote]Very true.

The reason why the back and forth over Ozen effecting WB's program is most of you are too young to remember Forest Park didn't win squat until 82'.  Football wise, that trophy case was empty while Hebert lost to Willowridge in the Region 3 finals in '81....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83