Stump / west brook

12gage

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1149007" timestamp="1324398309"]
[quote author=12gage link=topic=93264.msg1148994#msg1148994 date=1324396794]
Funny when a coach has a " man child " they should win state ,like PA or west brook or central or ozen , one player does not a team yes team make , rabb was a good coach , you try to win when you take most of your team to make ozen , when ozen filled up , wb started winning again , now that ozen is losing enrollment we stop transfers . Soulja you must really be out of touch.
[/quote]Rabb with the option right, option left, run right punt offense?  If you call that good coaching, then we have no arguments.  I'm not out of touch,but i'm begining to think that you are if you believe Rabb was a 'good' coach.
[/quote]

BMTSoulja, did you watch the Bruins when Chip Ambres was there? The offense was a lot more than running the option or running. They passed the ball a great deal. Then when Chip hurt his knee his brother took over for three games and he wasn't a runner. He was a pass first QB.

Then that year they lost to Hastings in the 5A quarterfinals in the Astrodome.

Radd was a good coach as my brother was the WR coach for the varsity team that year.

As great as Chip was one player at the 5A level doesn't get you that deep in the playoffs without other good players around him.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Johnny Beaumont. Maybe your talent in those dark ages sucked.  You can't bob for apples in a bucket of terds.  " just sayin"

You should think the opening of Ozen to allow you playing time then. 

Big red. They say what they want people to believe.

For west brooks sake.  I hope there is someone needing a job just like stump was at Kelly. 

Very hard to hope for lightning to strike twice. 

Wow Soulja your almost there.  So what could he do when all the chip's and chritian's where going to Ozen?

Funny. He opened it up for chip?  It was his freakin offense.  He didn't design an offense for chip?  The problem was when the talent liturally moves south his offense could not be run.  If he did anything wrong it was passing too much but then again what do you do when you play from behind??

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1149147" timestamp="1324410836"]
Wow Johnny Beaumont. Maybe your talent in those dark ages sucked.  You can't bob for apples in a bucket of terds.  " just sayin"

For west brooks sake.  I hope there is someone needing a job just like stump was at Kelly. 

[/quote]

I don't doubt that we were losing talent, but that's no excuse for how bad WB was.  There was SOME talent there. There were tons of good atheletes that chose to play other sports because of the lack of a program he had. Football was a joke in the early 2000s.  Shannon Boatman was a man child, played at FSU.  Quinn Pinson was an absolute stud before he got hurt.  But when he runs it EVERY STINKING TIME, it gets predictable.

What Stump can be credited for is changing the culture at that school. He created a disciplined program that expected to win, and great athletes from WB and from Beaumont and general wanted to be a part of it.

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1149152" timestamp="1324411820"]
Wow Soulja your almost there.  So what could he do when all the chip's and chritian's where going to Ozen?

Funny. He opened it up for chip?  It was his freakin offense.  He didn't design an offense for chip?  The problem was when the talent liturally moves south his offense could not be run.  If he did anything wrong it was passing too much but then again what do you do when you play from behind??
[/quote]There was NO Chip's or Christian's at Ozen since then.  You're reaching now.

He opened up the offense a bit for Chip but went back to Option right option left sweep right sweep left after that.  And you know how that went...

[quote name="Johnny Beaumont" post="1149155" timestamp="1324412247"]
[quote author=besbolbenbedygud link=topic=93264.msg1149147#msg1149147 date=1324410836]

[/quote]

I don't doubt that we were losing talent, but that's no excuse for how bad WB was.  There was SOME talent there. There were tons of good atheletes that chose to play other sports because of the lack of a program he had. Football was a joke in the early 2000s.  Shannon Boatman was a man child, played at FSU.  Quinn Pinson was an absolute stud before he got hurt.  But when he runs it EVERY STINKING TIME, it gets predictable.

What Stump can be credited for is changing the culture at that school. He created a disciplined program that expected to win, and great athletes from WB and from Beaumont and general wanted to be a part of it.
[/quote]You get more appause for that!

No, they didn't go back to the option after Chip left because Rick his younger brother was the QB the next year and was no where near the athlete/runner that Chip was.

They passed the ball in the offense with Rick. The younger Ambres was a pass first QB. He didn't have 4.4 speed like Chip.

[quote name="diego cruz" post="1149168" timestamp="1324413701"]
stump moves on because  of better facilities,better pay,better school district,better community,just as many if not more athletes to chose from.99% of the coaches in s.e. tx. would take the atascocita job.good luck mr. stump
[/quote]If that were the case, why was the old Atascocita Coach not successful?  Was he not successful in Port Arthur?  Do you think Stump will move over the hump at Atascocita and finally be able to compete with Katy, Westfields or teams like that?  all of these are questions I want answers for really soon.

[quote name="Johnny Beaumont" post="1149155" timestamp="1324412247"]
[quote author=besbolbenbedygud link=topic=93264.msg1149147#msg1149147 date=1324410836]

[/quote]

I don't doubt that we were losing talent, but that's no excuse for how bad WB was.  There was SOME talent there. There were tons of good atheletes that chose to play other sports because of the lack of a program he had. Football was a joke in the early 2000s. [b] Shannon Boatman was a man child, played at FSU.[/b]  Quinn Pinson was an absolute stud before he got hurt.  But when he runs it EVERY STINKING TIME, it gets predictable.

[/quote]
I know Shannon Boatman's mom and have met Shannon several times. First, he played juco ball before going to FSU. Second, he is diabetic and for any athlete that is a challenge.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1149174" timestamp="1324414232"]
[quote author=diego cruz link=topic=93264.msg1149168#msg1149168 date=1324413701]
stump moves on because  of better facilities,better pay,better school district,better community,just as many if not more athletes to chose from.99% of the coaches in s.e. tx. would take the atascocita job.good luck mr. stump
[/quote]If that were the case, why was the old Atascocita Coach not successful?  Was he not successful in Port Arthur?  Do you think Stump will move over the hump at Atascocita and finally be able to compete with Katy, Westfields or teams like that?  all of these are questions I want answers for really soon.
[/quote]
Darn, soulja, let the man at least get on campus before you start demanding answers! :o

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1149179" timestamp="1324414620"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93264.msg1149174#msg1149174 date=1324414232]
[quote author=diego cruz link=topic=93264.msg1149168#msg1149168 date=1324413701]
[/quote]
Darn, soulja, let the man at least get on campus before you start demanding answers! :o
[/quote]Ok.  I'll give him a 'little' time.  ;)

[quote name="bigred360" post="1149177" timestamp="1324414412"]
[quote author=Johnny Beaumont link=topic=93264.msg1149155#msg1149155 date=1324412247]

[/quote]

I don't doubt that we were losing talent, but that's no excuse for how bad WB was.  There was SOME talent there. There were tons of good atheletes that chose to play other sports because of the lack of a program he had. Football was a joke in the early 2000s. [b] Shannon Boatman was a man child, played at FSU.[/b]  Quinn Pinson was an absolute stud before he got hurt.  But when he runs it EVERY STINKING TIME, it gets predictable.

[/quote]
I know Shannon Boatman's mom and have met Shannon several times. First, he played juco ball before going to FSU. Second, he is diabetic and for any athlete that is a challenge.
[/quote]

lol...O...K...? I don't see what that has to do with him being a really, really good football player. That's all I said.

People crack me up. First of in 1987, WB lost 1st round and in 1988 went 4-5.
Hentschel 1986-1997. 91-35. Teams went to playoffs 8 of his 11 years and made it past the first round 3 times! Alot of talent during that time.

Rabb 1997-2005. 25-28. Playoff first year to Quarter Finals and then no playoffs for the next 7 years! Nuff said!

Stump 2005-present. 57-23. Playoffs all 7 years with 3 area and 3 Regional appearances!

Rabb was a great guy, but don't make excuses for him. One of the reasons the talented Hentschel teams faultered was Rabb was the OC during that time.

So, the reason Hentschel teams failed in the playoffs was Rabb was the OC. Dang, you must be the only one to see this as the School Board voted him as the next Head Coach.

Rabb wasn't successful at WB after Chip left but there were other things going on in the BISD that effected his teams.

Not a excuse just the truth.

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1148980" timestamp="1324395366"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=93264.msg1148959#msg1148959 date=1324394058]
[quote author=besbolbenbedygud link=topic=93264.msg1148956#msg1148956 date=1324393525]
Less money rollin in?  BISD just sent 88 teachers out of state for 5 days to the amount of $200,000.  Aperently they spend it where they want to!!
[/quote]So now you're complaining about teachers upgrading their work knowledge?
[/quote]

Ya. That's what they did.  Lol

When it's tax payer money and bias. ya I'll stand up against that
[/quote]All these *code words* coming into play. Say what you REALLY want to say-stop hovering around it ;)

Bigred, please tell me why he was a good coach. His record speaks for itself. I was there for 4 years when Hentschel was coach. The play calling wasn't very good. I played defense so are no sour apples. Like I said, I have nothing against him and I think is a great guy, but he just wasn't a good coach. The school board probably wishes they would've picked someone else. There were other good candidates when Rabb got it. I'm surprised they let him coach that long, most coaches would be gone before going 7 years without making playoffs.

Back to thread, i hope WB gets a great coach and I'm sorry to see Stump go.

[quote name="12gage" post="1149193" timestamp="1324416548"]
No code words here , soulja does not have a clue how things work in bisd, school of choice first, magnet central second and then hand me down wb third been that way for , let's see since ozen came on the scene
[/quote]You have NO earthly Idea, Fella.

[quote name="12gage" post="1149193" timestamp="1324416548"]
No code words here , soulja does not have a clue how things work in bisd, school of choice first, magnet central second and then hand me down wb third been that way for , let's see since ozen came on the scene
[/quote]in

C'mon Mann .....tell the truth , Ozen has 90% of the kids WB didn't won't ..in the days we all of ...now so say its a big deal ....

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1149184" timestamp="1324415268"]
People crack me up. First of in 1987, WB lost 1st round and in 1988 went 4-5.
Hentschel 1986-1997. 91-35. Teams went to playoffs 8 of his 11 years and made it past the first round 3 times! Alot of talent during that time.

Rabb 1997-2005. 25-28. Playoff first year to Quarter Finals and then no playoffs for the next 7 years! Nuff said!

Stump 2005-present. 57-23. Playoffs all 7 years with 3 area and 3 Regional appearances!

Rabb was a great guy, but don't make excuses for him. One of the reasons the talented Hentschel teams faultered was Rabb was the OC during that time.
[/quote]

Over all records are deceiving and why I spoon feed you little bits. I'm guessing you choked on them. 

OZEN period lead to the demise of Rabb.  Guess you missed that era while gluing on your purple goggles.  Thank the football Gods Stump was not planning to stay at Kelly!  Again I hope WB gets lucky twice

Hentschel must have had it tough having to play 135lber's on the offensive line.    ;)

[quote name="bigred360" post="1149187" timestamp="1324415756"]
So, the reason Hentschel teams failed in the playoffs was Rabb was the OC. Dang, you must be the only one to see this as the School Board voted him as the next Head Coach.

Rabb wasn't successful at WB after Chip left but there were other things going on in the BISD that effected his teams.

Not a excuse just the truth.
[/quote]

Al Rabb is a great guy. He's not a good head football coach. Period. If you think the school board has ANY idea whatsoever what qualifies someone to be a head football coach in 5A, you're crazy. They picked him because they knew him, and they were comfortable with him, NOT because he gave WB the best chance to win every week.

Case and point: Sam Simon, the head basketball coach has been there forever. He doesn't have the skill or discipline needed to coach at the 5A level. He should have been fired YEARS ago if the school board (or AD for that matter) were hiring/firing based on performance. He stays because he flies under the radar, and doesn't cause problems. This was likely the same case for Coach Rabb.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics