Sources: Albert Pujols, Angels agree

Guest basketball25

Guest basketball25
just goes to show you how good he is, hey it is all about the money this is why these guys play, but also they do play for the fans and i bet the angel fans are pumped!!!!

doesn't bother me too much.  the rest of the angels' offense is pretty much going to suck, and they aren't going to have much money to pick up anyone else.  as for losing wilson, that does sting a bit, but look at it this way:  the rangers' entire rotation is solid, and Feliz is going to be moving into it this season.  also, wilson became the first pitcher in history to lose a game in a division series, championship series, and world series all in the same year, and he also was the losing pitcher in the all-star game.  he might be pretty good in the regular season, but he sucks in the post season.  also, his price was super-inflated because there were no other really good pitchers out on the market.  I have a feeling the angels will eventually be regretting BOTH of the big contracts they signed today.

I am a Cardinals fan and will stay with them, but this will take a huge toll on how I view my team and organization.. How can you not offer this man whatever money he asks for for however long he wants? He is the best player to put on the Cardinal uniform and he is walking out the door.. Shame..

Now as for for Pujols, how can he not stay with the only team he has played for? He was adored and idolized by the entire community and every baseball fan that went to see him play. This would be different if he was chasing a championship, and figured this move would give him the best chance to do so, but he just got a ring! Pujols, you just made a mistake by leaving that city.. That is a situation where the money shouldnt make you leave, especially when you are already making too much as it is.

Thats my take on it. I blame both the organization and Pujols for this. I will still be a Cardinal fan AND I will still root for Albert Pujols, who is my favorite player

Pujols deserves all the money he'll get... for probably 5 years.  and then after that, the angels will go from paying him a little more than he deserves to wishing they'd never made the deal by the end of his contract when he's putting up Jim Thome numbers.  I'm not saying he won't still be decent at that time, but there's no way that he'll still be a superstar in 7 years, or that he'll even be more than pretty good in 10.

[quote name="bullets13" post="1142449" timestamp="1323388788"]
Pujols deserves all the money he'll get... for probably 5 years.  and then after that, the angels will go from paying him a little more than he deserves to wishing they'd never made the deal by the end of his contract when he's putting up Jim Thome numbers. [b] I'm not saying he won't still be decent at that time, but there's no way that he'll still be a superstar in 7 years, or that he'll even be more than pretty good in 10.[/b][/quote]

They probably said that about Nolan...but there is only one Ryan Express!

[quote name="LumRaiderFan" post="1142604" timestamp="1323401274"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=92836.msg1142449#msg1142449 date=1323388788]
Pujols deserves all the money he'll get... for probably 5 years.  and then after that, the angels will go from paying him a little more than he deserves to wishing they'd never made the deal by the end of his contract when he's putting up Jim Thome numbers. [b] I'm not saying he won't still be decent at that time, but there's no way that he'll still be a superstar in 7 years, or that he'll even be more than pretty good in 10.[/b][/quote]

[/quote]

Carlos Lee contract comes to mind

Maybe the contract is structured with less financial burden on the back half

[quote name="mat" post="1142678" timestamp="1323434274"]
[quote author=LumRaiderFan link=topic=92836.msg1142604#msg1142604 date=1323401274]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=92836.msg1142449#msg1142449 date=1323388788]

[/quote]

Carlos Lee contract comes to mind

Maybe the contract is structured with less financial burden on the back half
[/quote]

i doubt it... he was looking for a salary that either got bigger each your or remained pretty steady.  i haven't seen the deal in writing, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83