Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans VS Wimberley Texans

MEM

[quote name="MEM" post="1142547" timestamp="1323396615"]
[quote author=ArgyleEagles link=topic=92625.msg1142541#msg1142541 date=1323396003]
And you're probably wondering why you have accumulated so much negative karma.
[/quote]

Uh, no not really...The negative karma (as if it means anything at all) came from one poster last year around the time of the 3rd round game against Kirbyville which CS won...My understanding is that he gave negative karma to just about every poster from CS....

I didn't say anything bad about Wimberley...I merely gave my opinion based on what I observed last year and what I feel will happen tomorrow evening...

I do wonder, however, why you seem to be so preoccupied with posting in this thread...
[/quote]

The same thing happened to me last year.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back home....First and foremost I have to give credit to Wimberley for playing a great game and outscoring CS 14-0 the last 8 mins of the game...

It looked like CS had all the momentum (up 14-7) going into the 4th qtr but Wimberley was able to get a couple of key stops and spring a couple of big plays on offense to tie the game up...Then they did a good job of winning the battle of field position to get themselves set up inside CS territory for their game winning drive culminating in the 22 yd strike inside of 1 1/2 mins left in the game....

The CS fumble early in the first qtr at the one yard line proved to be a very costly turnover...Wimberley put the ball on the turf I think 3 times but were able to recover each time....

Wimberley played a good game defensively when you consider the fact that they became the first team all year to not give up a TD to either Gilbert or Monroe....

Basically, the game came down to who could execute the last qtr most effectively and unfortunately for CS it was Wimberley this time that had the answers and made the necessary defensive stops and executed enough on offense to get the win...

Absolutely great season for CS (even though it didn't end the way anyone had hoped or wanted)....It's always hard to lose this time of the year but that's the nature of the beast...Someone has to win and someone has to lose...It didn't work out tonight but the lessons learned and the memories from this year will for many no doubt last a lifetime...

Hold your heads up high Trojans! You represented your school, district, and region well....

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1143440" timestamp="1323494451"]
You should have listened to me haha. Way to go Wimberley. See ya next friday!
[/quote]

Give yourself a pat on the back and please just go away now...Go find some other fan base to try to irritate...Your act has grown old and tired....They say there's always a few in every village and I do believe we've found one belonging to Argyle...Congrats! :-[

[quote name="MEM" post="1141398" timestamp="1323268113"]
Nope we're really small...There has been speculation as to whether CS could possibly drop down to 2A this next realignment...

Haven't see the official numbers for realignment or know exactly what CS will or has already reported but I bet it'll be fairly close...
[/quote]

I don't belive 540, which is I think is the # I believe they turned in, will be close to getting them in to 2A.  I Expect the top 2A # to be in the 430-445 range. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476