Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans VS Wimberley Texans

MEM

[quote name="trojantrain" post="1142565" timestamp="1323397855"]
Brady Lambert might be a good QB, but he isn't gonna pass for many yards in this game. He isn't good under pressure and Coldspring's Defense is going to be all over him. They better be ready, they haven't played a team like Coldspring.
[/quote]Wimberley is a very good team!! I think CS will win! DAY BY DAY, PLAY BY PLAY!  GO TROJANS!!! :)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="daysgoby65" post="1142567" timestamp="1323398273"]
Why is this ONE person allowed to do this (karma)? If it has no validity, why bother?
[/quote]

Who knows?  :) I love this site but I couldn't answer that...You'd have to ask someone who runs the site...I know I haven't done anything close to deserving neg 300+ karma...Trust me I've seen some of the stuff posted back and forth and most of the stuff I've ever said pales in comparison...The topic of karma (and how some posters had such huge negative numbers) actually came up about a month or so ago and that's the explanation that was given...

It doesn't seem to serve much of purpose but I guess then again maybe it's just one more thing for folks to talk about...

[quote name="daysgoby65" post="1142521" timestamp="1323394409"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=92625.msg1141732#msg1141732 date=1323297125]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=92625.msg1141619#msg1141619 date=1323287881]
They really should have played this game in Kyle Field.  I know the game site is closer for Wimberley, but is there gonna be enough roo
for everyone that is going.  Seems like a small venue for this big of a game.
[/quote]

Agreed.  Because WO-S and CS-O nearly filled up a stadium officially listed with a capacity of 10,600 and rumored to be a high as 12,000.  8,500 seems a little small.
[/quote]That place is gonna be PACKED!! Wonder how many they will let in before they stop selling tickets, Or will they stop? This is gonna be a GREAT game with many fans from both teams in attendance.
[/quote]
Sounds about right.
Trojans by 11. 

[quote name="MEM" post="1142587" timestamp="1323399595"]
[quote author=daysgoby65 link=topic=92625.msg1142567#msg1142567 date=1323398273]
Why is this ONE person allowed to do this (karma)? If it has no validity, why bother?
[/quote]

Who knows?  :) I love this site but I couldn't answer that...You'd have to ask someone who runs the site...I know I haven't done anything close to deserving neg 300+ karma...Trust me I've seen some of the stuff posted back and forth and most of the stuff I've ever said pales in comparison...The topic of karma (and how some posters had such huge negative numbers) actually came up about a month or so ago and that's the explanation that was given...

It doesn't seem to serve much of purpose but I guess then again maybe it's just one more thing for folks to talk about...
[/quote] Cool, I like this site too! Lotta good folks here! Read many post's before I posted my first comment on here. Would like to thank WOS GRAD for all he has done! Lil tex get's my vote for poster of the year!!  GO TROJANS!!

[quote name="MEM" post="1142547" timestamp="1323396615"]
[quote author=ArgyleEagles link=topic=92625.msg1142541#msg1142541 date=1323396003]
And you're probably wondering why you have accumulated so much negative karma.
[/quote]

[b]Uh, no not really...The negative karma (as if it means anything at all) came from one poster last year around the time of the 3rd round game against Kirbyville which CS won[/b]...My understanding is that he gave negative karma to just about every poster from CS....

I didn't say anything bad about Wimberley...I merely gave my opinion based on what I observed last year and what I feel will happen tomorrow evening...

I do wonder, however, why you seem to be so preoccupied with posting in this thread...
[/quote]

[b]MR.Buddy Garrity[/b] alias [b]Scooter [/b] and whatever other names he goes by,gave all Kirbyville posters 300 -karma,last year...He gave it to Coldspring this year....Beating Kirbyville last year had nothing to do with it.

[quote name="daysgoby65" post="1142567" timestamp="1323398273"]
[quote author=MEM link=topic=92625.msg1142547#msg1142547 date=1323396615]
[quote author=ArgyleEagles link=topic=92625.msg1142541#msg1142541 date=1323396003]
[/quote]

Uh, no not really...The negative karma (as if it means anything at all) came from one poster last year around the time of the 3rd round game against Kirbyville which CS won...My understanding is that he gave negative karma to just about every poster from CS....

I didn't say anything bad about Wimberley...I merely gave my opinion based on what I observed last year and what I feel will happen tomorrow evening...

I do wonder, however, why you seem to be so preoccupied with posting in this thread...
[/quote] [b]Why is this ONE person allowed to do this (karma)? If it has no validity, why bother?[/b]
[/quote]

All organizations have their "fair haired boys" and their "red-headed step-children"..It is according to which category you are put in...lol... ;D

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1142677" timestamp="1323433900"]
And you don't know anything either..lol...[b]MR.Buddy Garrity[/b] alias [b]Scooter [/b] and whatever other names he goes by,gave all Kirbyville posters 300 -karma,last year...He gave it to Coldspring this year....Beating Kirbyville that ya'll are so proud of and keep bringing it up..Had nothing to do with it... ;)
[/quote]

I never said it had anything to do with beating Kirbyville...I just stated [b]that it was my understanding [/b] that it was done by one poster and it was around the time of the Kirbyville game...If I was wrong on part of it so be it...The main part of the post was about negative karma and how it happened...I believe you pretty much confirmed the "lone poster" theory that was previously discussed...

Also for the record I'm not anymore proud of the win against Kirbyville than I am about any of the other playoff victories...I've been more than complimentary when it comes to KVille...It was a good win over a team that I personally feel was probably the 2nd best team CS played last year...That's as far as it goes...I've only followed CS closely the last 5-6 years and in that time span CS is 2-1 against the Wildcats...I don't know much about what transpired before that time other than KVille had the upperhand...

[quote name="MEM" post="1142547" timestamp="1323396615"]
[/quote]

Uh, no not really...The negative karma (as if it means anything at all) came from one poster last year around the time of the 3rd round game against Kirbyville which CS won...My understanding is that he gave negative karma to just about every poster from CS....

[b]I do wonder, however, why you seem to be so preoccupied with posting in this thread..[/b].
[/quote]

I agree. I've been wondering the same thing all week.

[quote name="MEM" post="1142757" timestamp="1323442057"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=92625.msg1142677#msg1142677 date=1323433900]
And you don't know anything either..lol...[b]MR.Buddy Garrity[/b] alias [b]Scooter [/b] and whatever other names he goes by,gave all Kirbyville posters 300 -karma,last year...He gave it to Coldspring this year....Beating Kirbyville that ya'll are so proud of and keep bringing it up..Had nothing to do with it... ;)
[/quote]

I never said it had anything to do with beating Kirbyville...I just stated [b]that it was my understanding [/b] that it was done by one poster and it was around the time of the Kirbyville game...If I was wrong on part of it so be it...The main part of the post was about negative karma and how it happened...I believe you pretty much confirmed the "lone poster" theory that was previously discussed...

Also for the record I'm not anymore proud of the win against Kirbyville than I am about any of the other playoff victories...I've been more than complimentary when it comes to KVille...It was a good win over a team that I personally feel was probably the 2nd best team CS played last year...That's as far as it goes...I've only followed CS closely the last 5-6 years and in that time span CS is 2-1 against the Wildcats...I don't know much about what transpired before that time other than KVille had the upperhand...
[/quote]

Yeah it's been a good ball game every year Coldspring & Kirbyville has played all but this last season.. Good Luck to the Trojans...

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1142778" timestamp="1323444935"]
I like the opposite team proclaimed underdog to win this fight. Wimberley by 3
[/quote]

Argyle will be way better off playing wimberly than Coldspring
I promise you. I have seem argyle play this year already and IMO
There not in used to a smash mouth, in your face team like CS. I just
dont think they have the speed to contain CS offense or the O line to
hold off the CS D , but as I have said before they are a very good , clean, disciplined team.
As for now CS is going to concentrate on beating Wimberly. Good luck with Monahans.
I also have seen wimberly play and in IMO they can beat y'all also.

[quote name="TROJAN92" post="1142807" timestamp="1323448826"]
[quote author=ArgyleEagles link=topic=92625.msg1142778#msg1142778 date=1323444935]
I like the opposite team proclaimed underdog to win this fight. Wimberley by 3
[/quote]

Argyle will be way better off playing wimberly than Coldspring
I promise you. I have seem argyle play this year already and IMO
There not in used to a smash mouth, in your face team like CS. I just
dont think they have the speed to contain CS offense or the O line to
hold off the CS D , but as I have said before they are a very good , clean, disciplined team.
As for now CS is going to concentrate on beating Wimberly. Good luck with Monahans.
I also have seen wimberly play and in IMO they can beat y'all also.
[/quote]

You have got to be kidding me, right? We have had the toughest playoff schedule. We played Prosper which is a North Texas powerhouse and we played two smashmouth defenses in Carthage and Gilmer. CS schedule is weak. The only team that has been a semblance of smashmouth is WO-S. So please, don't tell me about how we haven't played any smash mouth opponents.

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1142836" timestamp="1323450795"]
[quote author=lobos link=topic=92625.msg1142831#msg1142831 date=1323450398]
Argyle Eagles: Your team is like Brett Favre...OVERRATED!
I think there is a yard sale down the street...why don't you go there and buy a new team!
[/quote]

What do you know about my team?
[/quote] Alot sir!

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1142836" timestamp="1323450795"]
What do you know about my team?
[/quote]

It's under 8 hrs till (your teams) kickoff and yet here you are on 2 other teams game thread worrying about what someone from a team (your not playing) knows about your team...

What exactly are you looking for? Validation of some kind? :-[ No one really cares about Argyle right now...It's Day by Day and today we're not playing Argyle

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder