POINT/COUNTERPOINT- HARDIN JEFFERSON BOYS BASEKTBALL PROGRAM/POST COMMENTS HERE!

WOSgrad

Yeah, Yeah! Go ahead and run the smite meter up on me on this one!

However, I am somewhat disheartened at what seems to an accelerated pace of what was already to many here a disturbing trend of every thread somehow becoming a debate on whether the sun does not rise until Todd Sutherland opens his eyes in the morning versus the opinion that Sour Lake, Texas is obviously God's Toilet because it is obvious that he took a a dump there.

Now as irritating as that trend is, it provides a dilemma for me.  First, is a dilemma of potential hypocrisy as in the football forum which is my primary responsibility, hijacking has also been a problem from time to time by well, the supporters of any team in 20-4A....and yes, supporters of my beloved West Orange-Stark Mustangs do from time to time play forum thread terrorist.  However, while those in the football forum seem to spread the wealth on that matter, in the basketball forum it seems to be purely within the perview of those who either love or hate (okay, maybe those words are a little strong, but I am on a roll here!) the Hardin-Jefferson boys basketball program.

Second, is a dilemma as a messageboard administrator.  As irritating as having to rummage through the rif raf to get to the information I desire, especially on threads seeking information that I set up, traffic is traffic and I don't want it to disappear.  Plus, I myself come to these posts to examine what outlandish thing has been said as many times it produces at the very least a good chuckle and on occasion even a good belly laugh.  But, alas, I fear that the proliferation of this activity will eventually push folks away from the board.  And to declare a moratorium on such activity would generally go unheeded.

So, I think I have the solution.  I fear that the reason behind the hijacking is that your subconcsious yelling for a thread of your own to empty your locked vault of self expression into its own little compartment.  And in starting this thread, I hope I have done that.  Now I am not naive enough to think that this small measure will completely spare those who wish never to see another post regarding Hardin-Jefferson post, pro or con, again.  But hope does spring eternal!

So here you go! Have fun! But remember that board rules still apply!

Thank you,
Todd Broussard
Administrator
SETXsports

Not derogatory at all toward Coach Sutherland.  I don't know the man and meant no offense toward him.  Just used that phrasing as a show of the measure of devotion to the H-J program.

Your response, sleepy, shows that you are one of those in dire need of this thread.

[quote name="sleepy" post="1137283" timestamp="1322845959"]
Funny to see an admin on the board post something like this so derogatory towards who most consider a pretty darn good man.  I also find the comments about todd and god pretty distasteful. I am sure he will enjoy reading this.  Very classy!!
[/quote]

::)

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1137285" timestamp="1322846148"]
Not derogatory at all toward Coach Sutherland.  I don't know the man and meant no offense toward him.  Just used that phrasing as a show of the measure of devotion to the H-J program.

Your response, sleepy, shows that you are one of those in dire need of this thread.
[/quote]

Wrong. I don't need this thread because unlike some of you who care when someone posts in a thread that is "not on topic" i simply skip over it and keep reading.  You guys take this crap way to seriously.  Powertrip for you I guess!  I was simply shocked to see an admin with that type of post on here and at the same time saying coaches names.  Take it for what it is worth.  Have a great day.

OK, I have tried to stay out of it but, from what I have seen it is just someone from HJ defending themselves against a derogatory remark made by someone else. Since Mr. Whizzy left the site I haven't seen anyone from HJ get on here and say anything negative toward another program. It has merely been positive excitement that basketball season is here and we are excited about our chances of making a long playoff run, That's not saying that any other team wont make a run. To be honest with you I see one bad comment toward any team and 5 or 6 people pounce on them in defense of their program/town and all of a sudden the moderators jump in, then we get comments like how this thread starts....I had to read read your opening statement several times (slow learner I guess ;)) and I was offended by some of your adjectives used to describe Sour Lake, surely there is no one out there that feels as badly as that about little old sour lake unless it is just pure jealousy. Do some of us @ HJ feel like we have a great team this year....yes, Do some of us feel as though we have one of the best players in the area....yes, and for you souja we do like to see him dunk, is it ok if we talk about it when he does it.....I like it better when we hit a 3 but sometimes that dunk turns into a and one. All of this is just our opinion, honestly its like it pisses some of you off that we are allowed one. GEEZ lighten up a little, it's just basketball. 

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1137353" timestamp="1322849876"]
You know you guys are just proving the very need for this thread to be here.
[/quote]

Actually I should probably start a thread titled "For all of those that are jealous and/or can't stand HJ Basketball for no reason thread"

This is the thread that you are proving should be started.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1137353" timestamp="1322849876"]
[/quote]

WOSGrad if you are going to take that much time to write a moronic post like you did you should expect to take a little heat brother.  If we started one about WOS like that you would kick everyone off of the board with all of your power ::)

[quote name="sleepy" post="1137356" timestamp="1322850108"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=92578.msg1137353#msg1137353 date=1322849876]
[/quote]

Actually I should probably start a thread titled "For all of those that are jealous and/or can't stand HJ Basketball for no reason thread"

[/quote] ;) ;) ;) Haters

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1137362" timestamp="1322850268"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=92578.msg1137356#msg1137356 date=1322850108]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=92578.msg1137353#msg1137353 date=1322849876]
[/quote]

[/quote] ;) ;) ;) Haters
[/quote]

LOL Bluedove.  You would be at the top of the list.  You would be under the I can't stand it that they have been as good as they have been in the last few years category!!! LMAO!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124