POST ARANSAS PASS TOURNAMENT RESULTS HERE!

Lazeek

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I'm not violating any rules, but I am answering a question from earlier. HJ could have played in a tournament that gave them more competition and they know it. But HJ's players go to this tournament to mesh not just on the court, but off. They were there for four nights and spent a lot of time together. If you can learn how to mesh off the court, the togetherness comes together much easier on the court. The players from HJ are all very close because of this tournament every year.

And, with that being said, the teams i this tournament weren't totally terrible. Look at the score of the HJ-Nederland game compared to the HJ-Calhoun game. Nederland was in the YMBL tournament and went to the finals. HJ could have won either tournament, but in Aransas Pass, they get to spend more time together.

Now, I could be wrong, but I think HJ made a great scheduling choice, and played very well in the tournament. Best of the Bay Champions 2011!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="HJ2012" post="1139255" timestamp="1322971199"]
I hope I'm not violating any rules, but I am answering a question from earlier. HJ could have played in a tournament that gave them more competition and they know it. But HJ's players go to this tournament to mesh not just on the court, but off. [b]They were there for four nights and spent a lot of time together[/b]. If you can learn how to mesh off the court, the togetherness comes together much easier on the court. The players from HJ are all very close because of this tournament every year.

And, with that being said, the teams i this tournament weren't totally terrible. Look at the score of the HJ-Nederland game compared to the HJ-Calhoun game. Nederland was in the YMBL tournament and went to the finals. HJ could have won either tournament, but in Aransas Pass, they get to spend more time together.

Now, I could be wrong, but I think HJ made a great scheduling choice, and played very well in the tournament. Best of the Bay Champions 2011!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

What did they do? Sit around a campfire and sing "Kumbaya"

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1138943" timestamp="1322951816"]
Modified for Violation of Forum Rules regarding hijacking.
[/quote]

Trying to figure out how my post referring to HJ's reserves playing more minutes than the starters in THE TOURNAMENT was hijacking a thread? ::) ::) ::)

43rd Annual Best of the Bay at Aransas Pass

Boys

Champion--  Sour Lake Hardin Jefferson 6-0
2nd place-- Port Lavaca Calhoun  5-1
3rd place-- Aransas Pass 4-2

Sat Dec 3 Results

Aransas Pass  49
IWA    44

Aransas Pass  74
Beeville    50

IWA  15
Calhoun  55

Calallen 57
Kingsville  46

HJ        90
Beeville  22

Kingsville    46
HJ            89

Calhoun    64
Calallen    36

[quote name="HJ2012" post="1139255" timestamp="1322971199"]
I hope I'm not violating any rules, but I am answering a question from earlier. HJ could have played in a tournament that gave them more competition and they know it. But HJ's players go to this tournament to mesh not just on the court, but off. They were there for four nights and spent a lot of time together. If you can learn how to mesh off the court, the togetherness comes together much easier on the court. The players from HJ are all very close because of this tournament every year.

[/quote]

Nice post sir! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami