**20-4A ALL-DISTRICT TEAMS**/ Released TODAY!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrads to all these young men making the teams,  this is why SETX has such a rich tradition in football. If my addition is correct and my eyes worked right here is the school totals.
Nederland 18
Ozen 15
Vidor 12
PNG 10
Livingston 8
LCM 7
Lumberton 6
Central 4

I appologise if i missed anything but, what a outstanding showing from all our district.

[quote name="vp32" post="1133781" timestamp="1322513624"]
IMO the player who won MVP deserved it. IMO MVP should be the player that proves that there team would not be where they are without that person. Yes I know that Montana Quirante proved to be very important to his team but IMO we could've wen't just as far as we did with the other qb choice.
[/quote]I agree that the other qb could have done a lot of the same things and maybe even throw better but from watching the games I think Montana was the glue that kept the team together

I'm not buying into the Jakobi Jones MVP over Montana Quirante. Montana only had 500 yards less rushing, threw for 200+ yards, led his team three rounds deep into the playoffs and even punted the ball on occasion and was only the Defensive MVP of 20-4A (let's not forget he was also starting linebacker)? I'm sorry, is something wrong with my math? Not taking anything away from Beaumont Ozen but they needed Mr. Quirante's heroics to even get into the playoffs. Sorry if I sound a little jaded but I just don't think Jakobi deserves it over Montana. Trey Green was a bigger leader for the Panthers. BTW, I don't have any children that play for the Pirates....I just think Montana had a stellar year and should have been rewarded.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1133809" timestamp="1322515741"]
I'm not buying into the Jakobi Jones MVP over Montana Quirante. Montana only had 500 yards less rushing, threw for 200+ yards, led his team three rounds deep into the playoffs and even punted the ball on occasion and was only the Defensive MVP of 20-4A (let's not forget he was also starting linebacker)? I'm sorry, is something wrong with my math? Not taking anything away from Beaumont Ozen but [b]they needed Mr. Quirante's heroics to even get into the playoffs[/b]. Sorry if I sound a little jaded but I just don't think Jakobi deserves it over Montana. Trey Green was a bigger leader for the Panthers. BTW, I don't have any children that play for the Pirates....I just think Montana had a stellar year and should have been rewarded.
[/quote]
You refering to Vidor vs Livingston?

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="1133796" timestamp="1322514557"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92333.msg1133781#msg1133781 date=1322513624]
IMO the player who won MVP deserved it. IMO MVP should be the player that proves that there team would not be where they are without that person. Yes I know that Montana Quirante proved to be very important to his team but IMO we could've wen't just as far as we did with the other qb choice.
[/quote]I agree that the other qb could have done a lot of the same things and maybe even throw better but from watching the games I think Montana was the glue that kept the team together
[/quote]
I have to agree, but Jones was not even the MVP for Ozen. They had Jones early in the season while Green was hurt and how did they do? You could stop Jones and Ozen would still win. Stop Green and Ozen Lost!

Quirante was very good for Vidor, but I agree Powell could have done the same thing for that offense. Which is why I was suprised that Collins got 2nd team QB over Miller!  Collins should have gotten 1st team DB. Now defensively it's hard to argue against Q for Defensive MVP.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1133809" timestamp="1322515741"]
I'm not buying into the Jakobi Jones MVP over Montana Quirante. Montana only had 500 yards less rushing, threw for 200+ yards, [b]led his team three rounds deep into the playoffs[/b] and even punted the ball on occasion and was only the Defensive MVP of 20-4A (let's not forget he was also starting linebacker)? I'm sorry, is something wrong with my math? Not taking anything away from Beaumont Ozen but they needed Mr. Quirante's heroics to even get into the playoffs. Sorry if I sound a little jaded but I just don't think Jakobi deserves it over Montana. Trey Green was a bigger leader for the Panthers. BTW, I don't have any children that play for the Pirates....I just think Montana had a stellar year and should have been rewarded.
[/quote]
This team was picked before the playoffs started. I think had they waited, Green would have gotten MVP. He led Ozen to victories over a 9-1 District Champ and a 12-0 State Ranked DC and gave them a shot at the 2010 State Runner Up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder