BUBBLE SCREENS SUCK

When you are deep in the red zone with the defense in your face I HATE BUBBLE SCREENS AND QUICK HITCHES TO WIDE-REALLY WIDE-OUTS. They just flat don't work. If a DB jumps that pattern there ain't nothin but 95 yards and a smile between him and the end zone. Go vertical or slants IMO but stay away from 25 yd lateral passes. I'm allergic to em and nearly swallow my tongue when I see one coming. I have bitten my tongue so many times to keep from pissin someone off over these things that I have nothin but scar tissue in there. I will never coach another ball team or make a play call so I should probably never question someone els'es. Tear my a55 up if you like for feelin this way but that's ok. The risk just ain't worth the reward on these plays. Now I feel better ;D

[quote name="coach pops" post="1125424" timestamp="1321807394"]
When you are deep in the red zone with the defense in your face I HATE BUBBLE SCREENS AND QUICK HITCHES TO WIDE-REALLY WIDE-OUTS. They just flat don't work. If a DB jumps that pattern there ain't nothin but 95 yards and a smile between him and the end zone. Go vertical or slants IMO but stay away from 25 yd lateral passes. I'm allergic to em and nearly swallow my tongue when I see one coming. I have bitten my tongue so many times to keep from pissin someone off over these things that I have nothin but scar tissue in there. I will never coach another ball team or make a play call so I should probably never question someone els'es. Tear my a55 up if you like for feelin this way but that's ok. The risk just ain't worth the reward on these plays. Now I feel better ;D
[/quote]\

It has carried DAYTON for about 16 yrs now  ;)

[quote name="Pirates34" post="1125518" timestamp="1321813172"]
Works for University of Houston lol. and yes i know this a high school forum.
[/quote][quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=91947.msg1125481#msg1125481 date=1321811742]
[quote author=coach pops link=topic=91947.msg1125424#msg1125424 date=1321807394]
[/quote]\

It has carried DAYTON for about 16 yrs now  ;)
[/quote]valid points and appreciated

I think it's a good play between th 20's. I just don't like em deep in the red zone cause the defense is in your face and leaves little room to be successful here in Ned. Course the play design does have an effect. I like the one where the receiver is in motion toward the formation. It's not as scary; I think a db has a much tougher time jumping that design. JMHO

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1126048" timestamp="1321844823"]
The problem with most of the plays of this sort is it takes to long to develop in HS football. To be successfull the delivery of the football has to be faster than the average HS QB can throw it.
[/quote]

Well said! This is how any screen is designed, the QB needs to zip the ball to the receiver QUICK! The screen pass (many diff kinds) is a great play if executed the way intended. If you have a strong elusive receiver then why not put the ball in his hands and let him make a play? For the OP, if you think the bubble screen sucks, then chances are whoever you see running the play is doing it wrong!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont