BrenhamFan

rykerx144

I know you have been the center of attention lately and youve handled like a true sport.  Im sure there is nothing more than this guys wants than to get on here and tell you his true feeling about this game.  Im sure he would love to tell you how once again for the second year in a row they lost to  someone they should not have.  He cant do that cause he would get mobbed! 

I know that lose was a hard pill to swallow, and still you came back, your taking your shots, and being a good sport and respectful while holding your tongue! That is hard to do!  Your a true fan of the sport.  Thanks!    ;) ;) the pain will go away come baseball season!!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1125317" timestamp="1321801494"]

I know you have been the center of attention lately and youve handled like a true sport.  Im sure there is nothing more than this guys wants than to get on here and tell you his true feeling about this game.  Im sure he would love to tell you how once again for the second year in a row they lost to  someone they should not have.  He cant do that cause he would get mobbed! 

I know that lose was a hard pill to swallow, and still you came back, your taking your shots, and being a good sport and respectful while holding your tongue! That is hard to do!  Your a true fan of the sport.  Thanks!    ;) ;) the pain will go away come baseball season!!
[/quote]

+ 1

I agree. As I have already told him, he is a stand-up guy that is passionate about his Cubs! 

Tough loss for Brenham, but as always -- they will bounce back.

What I think happens to teams like Brenham is that they are sold on winning state from the get go and dare anyone to knock them off. Then they meet a team like Ozen, who other teams that played Ozen have warned Brenham about, and Ozen has nothing to lose because they are already marked off the list.

I said Ozen should throw the bomb on their first play to loosen things up a bit. Maybe it wasn't their first play, but it was what eventually beat Brenham.....Ozen's ability to hit the long bomb.

BrenhamFan is a class act and backs his team 100%. He also knew Ozen would make the playoffs. Something a lot of us did not think would happen, and it took the last week of district play to decide.

i was at the vidor mont game, looked for a brenham fan, but vidor brought the whole town......

i learned a long time a go that when it comes to being a fan of any sport, we have no real controll over it, dont let the highs be to high or the lows to low, i think for to many (any any level) when their team wins, its a feeling of relief, when it loses, they are miserable, i say what the point of that....

and to all my fellow 174 a brethens, it was fun while it lasted, but this district is being sh%$ canned,(not surprising) looks like stratford is being sent south.....on to the next sport....GH

He sat w/myself,Rollinac,Bh89,and Mlw last night pulling for Mag West as a last hope.He's a cool guy and a friend,dedicated loyal fan and funny.He can sit beside me anytime,anywhere.He only lives basically across the street from Cub stadium w/Bluebell creameries in the vicinty.It is kinda sad to see those dreams fade away w/so much talent & having to wake up and go to bed staring @ a quiet stadium where they dominated there all year.Justin I owe you a steak dinner on me you're da best ;)

I was actually talking to Brenham Fan.  Quite frankly, he gave Ozen better prospects for a victory yesterday than I did. 

Especially since he wasn't wearing the green shoes. He told me that he had worn them and sat on the Vidor side.

But he is the TRUE sports fan who follows this with the same purity that most of the boys on the field do.  That is very refreshing.

It wasn't until after the Dayton game that myself and Old Bronco realized who BrenhamFan was.  I'll have to make Rollin pay for golf the next we meet since he didn't introduce us.  Plus, I'm pretty sure I have a bounty on my head so I have to keep it on the down low...you're definetely a classy poster and good sport, thanks for coming and watching a real football team play  ;)

Y'all all just really have to know Justin, to really appreciate him to the fullest, He is a dyed in the wool sports fan, through and through. He drives all over the Area to see games and root for his favorite. And like myself he is a fan of Region 3. We get overlooked so much at the 4A level, all anyone ever wants to talk about is the DFW teams and the teams in the San Antonio/Austin Area. If a person really looks into the history of HS Football, Region 3 has produced a lot of great teams, and great players that have gone all the way to the NFL. Now we all habe to rally behind our Region 3 brethren and go kick the crap outta Lake Travis, because their deal is getting old. LT has a great team, the best money can buy. Do a little research and it's easy to see that they aren't on top by accident, only design. 90% of those kids parents, relocated there just prior to their freshman year in HS, I think it's a lot more than a coincidence. But they work the rules as they are written, it's not anything new. They were doing it out in West Texas for years, and it's done by many schools. Rarely do you see these huse long term successful programs, that have homegrown stars. There is big money for districts in HS Football, and those that want it bad enough, figure out a way to make it happen.

Roll On Region 3 and Justin you know you are always my boy, win or lose. We have been through some battles, between two district rivals, that actually once a year, grow a temporary rabid hatred for just that one Friday Night, but then pull for each other to remain loyal to our district, our Area, and our Region, to try and get one of us to hoist that State Trophy. The thinning of the herd is getting down to the elite few, here's hoping Vidor can pull off a victory agsain and make that ride to Kyle field to face the beast LT. If they play next week like they did friday, and do something completely out of their norm again playwise, Angleton is in deep dung. Because I don't think anyone can out physical them.

Thanks for all of the kind words!  I have honestly been "out of it" the last 20 hours or so. (Aside from the 3 hours at the Dayton game where I tried to put the Ozen game and all the crow, temporarly behind me.) I want to commend my friends at Dayton and Vidor for putting up with me this weekend, when I sat on their side and pulled for 17-4A.  I sat next to some good people and did all I could from the stands to support my district. (Even though I didn't wear "the green shoes..."  Which could have helped) This board is full of classy people, a lot more so than myself.  There is an occasional jack arse, or 2 on here, but for the most part, it's full of diehard sports fans like myself.  This game was probably more difficult for me to handle than than the KP loss.  I say that mainly because of what we are losing.  We don't return much, but hopefully we can reload.  I'm not big on rebuilding, but I guess it happens.  I expect to be in the playoffs next year, but we will need a lot more effort.  With Brenham not officially being setx, if we fall short i'm usually the one that hears about it.  I just try to deal with it, cuz it's part of being a fan.  I'll try to make the show this week, but no promises...  Again,  thanks to all of you that make this site what it is!  I've meet a lot of great people on here.

P.S.- Ozen, I hope there's room for me to jump back on the bandwagon?

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1125654" timestamp="1321820772"]
Thanks for all of the kind words!  I have honestly been "out of it" the last 20 hours or so. (Aside from the 3 hours at the Dayton game where I tried to put the Ozen game and all the crow, temporarly behind me.) I want to commend my friends at Dayton and Vidor for putting up with me this weekend, when I sat on their side and pulled for 17-4A.  I sat next to some good people and did all I could from the stands to support my district. (Even though I didn't wear "the green shoes..."  Which could have helped) This board is full of classy people, a lot more so than myself.  There is an occasional jack arse, or 2 on here, but for the most part, it's full of diehard sports fans like myself.  This game was probably more difficult for me to handle than than the KP loss.  I say that mainly because of what we are losing.  We don't return much, but hopefully we can reload.  I'm not big on rebuilding, but I guess it happens.  I expect to be in the playoffs next year, but we will need a lot more effort.  With Brenham not officially being setx, if we fall short i'm usually the one that hears about it.  I just try to deal with it, cuz it's part of being a fan.  I'll try to make the show this week, but no promises...  Again,  thanks to all of you that make this site what it is!  I've meet a lot of great people on here.

[b]P.S.- Ozen, I hope there's room for me to jump back on the bandwagon?[/b]
[/quote]
You picked your poison at the beginning of da year  ;) We always got room for ya on DA BRONX sideline BrenhamFan. Do those shoes come in purple n white  ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="1125383" timestamp="1321805281"]
He sat w/myself,Rollinac,Bh89,and Mlw last night pulling for Mag West as a last hope.He's a cool guy and a friend,dedicated loyal fan and funny.He can sit beside me anytime,anywhere.He only lives basically across the street from Cub stadium w/Bluebell creameries in the vicinty.It is kinda sad to see those dreams fade away w/so much talent & having to wake up and go to bed staring @ a quiet stadium where they dominated there all year.Justin I owe you a steak dinner on me you're da best ;)
[/quote]

You aint lying...  It was he11 when I passed the stadium on the way home last night.  This morning sucked as well, when I walked outside to get the chronicle and saw the sun rising behind Cub stadium.  This is usually one of my favorite, things but it was hard to look at this morning... 

@ Bobby- Steak dinner sounds good!

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1125664" timestamp="1321821193"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91942.msg1125654#msg1125654 date=1321820772]

[/quote]
You picked your poison at the beginning of da year  ;) We always got room for ya on DA BRONX sideline BrenhamFan. Do those shoes come in purple n white  ;D
[/quote]

I'm not sure, I'll have to check.  I'll be pulling for you guys too, but Ozen was my other team since the start of the season. 

PNG folks, you've seen me blast Faircloth over some of his decisions, and I told you I would do the same thing if it were coach West.  Well, that time has come....  WTF was he thinking on that fake FG?  Also, why run a sweep with our bigger back on 4th & 1, when our our smaller back is playing better and having we were having a lot more success running up the middle?  Like Faircloth, I think he is a great coach, but he makes some dumb calls in critical times of the game.  Very dissapointed in our coaching staff, which is usually great....

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1125691" timestamp="1321822170"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=91942.msg1125664#msg1125664 date=1321821193]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91942.msg1125654#msg1125654 date=1321820772]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'm not sure, I'll have to check.  I'll be pulling for you guys too, but[b] Ozen was my other team since the start of the season.  [/b]

PNG folks, you've seen me blast Faircloth over some of his decisions, and I told you I would do the same thing if it were coach West.  Well, that time has come....  what the heck was he thinking on that fake FG?  Also, why run a sweep with our bigger back on 4th & 1, when our our smaller back is playing better and having we were having a lot more success running up the middle?  Like Faircloth, I think he is a great coach, but he makes some dumb calls in critical times of the game.  Very dissapointed in our coaching staff, which is usually great....
[/quote]
Thats what I'm talkin about you were the one that had OZEN makin da playoffs and most didnt agree

Call me, text me, sit with me, come eat steak with me! I'm beginning to think BrenhamFan is actually a former Brenham Cheerleader! Either that or he carries around free ice cream. Both would attract the same attention from most men. Lol!!!

J/K Congrats on a fine season and best of luck to the cubs next year.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1125746" timestamp="1321824265"]
Call me, text me, sit with me, come eat steak with me! I'm beginning to think BrenhamFan is actually a former Brenham Cheerleader! Either that or he carries around free ice cream. Both would attract the same attention from most men. Lol!!!

J/K Congrats on a fine season and best of luck to the cubs next year.
[/quote]rofl.... good observation.. but i met him he not no cheerleader. he a really nice young man  ;D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1125778" timestamp="1321825807"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=91942.msg1125773#msg1125773 date=1321825395]
I still want to see these green shoes.
[/quote]

They'll be making their rounds in the playoffs.
[/quote]

If you come to the Angleton game I will take a picture of them and post them on here :-D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder