Vidor vs. Angleton Predictions

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1127946" timestamp="1322016085"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=91843.msg1127941#msg1127941 date=1322015632]
[quote author=Bulldogs2011 link=topic=91843.msg1127905#msg1127905 date=1322012836]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=91843.msg1127864#msg1127864 date=1322009927]
Like ATWILDCAT said, Angleton also runs the wing t offense, and they do it well. As far as our defense is concerned, if Vidor tries to pass the ball, angleton will likely either turn it into negative yds by getting to thier QB and taking him down, (they have some 'speed' along with power on thier D too) or causing him to have to get rid of the ball sooner than he would like, which for the last twelve games has resulted in easy takeaways (and points on the board) for the cats. If your QB DOES decide to throw the ball, he'd better be able to do it very quickly. Even even if he gets the ball where he wants it, the odds are high that it's gonna get either knocked down or intercepted because our guys are normally really good at being wherever the ball is going before it ever gets there. Also contrary to what some believe, the cats play smashmouth ball. They can, and will hit you hard and often, which as we all know often results in a loss of (the opposing teams) ball control...It will be a darn good game for sure!
Oh.. BTW, went to the field house to get my tickets today. :) Was talking with the woman in the booth and she said some of your (Vidor) guys recently came down, snuck in, 8) and put thier flag up the AHS flagpole! Thats a long @$$ drive just for that! Good One! It's all in good fun! ;D
[/quote]

That flag was lowered to half mast for practice!
[/quote]
LOL!! Yeah, I heard they were talking about neatly folding it, and then giving it back to the Pirates after the game is over. (once we've won, of course!) BOOM! ;D
[/quote]
Question is, will they give it back after they lose?
[/quote]
Good question lol.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="vp32" post="1127952" timestamp="1322016673"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=91843.msg1127946#msg1127946 date=1322016085]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=91843.msg1127941#msg1127941 date=1322015632]
[quote author=Bulldogs2011 link=topic=91843.msg1127905#msg1127905 date=1322012836]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=91843.msg1127864#msg1127864 date=1322009927]
Like ATWILDCAT said, Angleton also runs the wing t offense, and they do it well. As far as our defense is concerned, if Vidor tries to pass the ball, angleton will likely either turn it into negative yds by getting to thier QB and taking him down, (they have some 'speed' along with power on thier D too) or causing him to have to get rid of the ball sooner than he would like, which for the last twelve games has resulted in easy takeaways (and points on the board) for the cats. If your QB DOES decide to throw the ball, he'd better be able to do it very quickly. Even even if he gets the ball where he wants it, the odds are high that it's gonna get either knocked down or intercepted because our guys are normally really good at being wherever the ball is going before it ever gets there. Also contrary to what some believe, the cats play smashmouth ball. They can, and will hit you hard and often, which as we all know often results in a loss of (the opposing teams) ball control...It will be a darn good game for sure!
Oh.. BTW, went to the field house to get my tickets today. :) Was talking with the woman in the booth and she said some of your (Vidor) guys recently came down, snuck in, 8) and put thier flag up the AHS flagpole! Thats a long @$$ drive just for that! Good One! It's all in good fun! ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]
LOL!! Yeah, I heard they were talking about neatly folding it, and then giving it back to the Pirates after the game is over. (once we've won, of course!) BOOM! ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]
Good question lol.
[/quote]
I think they will keep it and hang it in the locker room as a reminder of the colors a real football team wears.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1127959" timestamp="1322017450"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91843.msg1127952#msg1127952 date=1322016673]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Good question lol.
[/quote]
I think they will keep it and hang it in the locker room as a reminder of the colors a real football team wears.
[/quote]
Or maybe they'll exchange it. A Pirate flag for defense lessons.  8)

[quote name="vp32" post="1127967" timestamp="1322017771"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=91843.msg1127959#msg1127959 date=1322017450]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91843.msg1127952#msg1127952 date=1322016673]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Good question lol.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Or maybe they'll exchange it. A Pirate flag for defense lessons.  8)
[/quote]
LMAO!!! ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="vp32" post="1128040" timestamp="1322023156"]
Just a tid bit of info on those saying turnovers will make the game. Vidor has yet to fumble the ball away in the post season. Angleton has fumbled 3 times and gave it away twice.
[/quote]

Well it looks like Vidor is due for a couple of fumbles this Friday. ;)

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1128042" timestamp="1322023232"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91843.msg1128040#msg1128040 date=1322023156]
Just a tid bit of info on those saying turnovers will make the game. Vidor has yet to fumble the ball away in the post season. Angleton has fumbled 3 times and gave it away twice.
[/quote]

Well it looks like Vidor is due for a couple of fumbles this Friday. ;)
[/quote]
If, and that is a big if, you get a turnover it will not be on a fumble.

[quote name="vp32" post="1128040" timestamp="1322023156"]
Just a tid bit of info on those saying turnovers will make the game. Vidor has yet to give the ball away in the post season. Angleton has fumbled 3 times and gave it away twice and been picked off 3 times.
[/quote]And they STILL won those last two, outscoring the opposition by 27, and 29 points. (respectively). This week, they won't have second and third string players in the game..unless, of course, its really late in the fourth and the cats are far ahead...I'm sure it will be a very close game tho. Thats a pretty funny pic coach. From what I've heard concerning the weather, everyone who is at this game friday night might leave looking like that! LOL! I think all the players are as ready as they are going to get.....Let's get 'em to go ahead and play the game right now! J/K

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1127905" timestamp="1322012836"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Considering what this team has gone through this year and the loss of there teammate/friend/brother in Matt Thomas that could be taken as disrespectful.

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1128057" timestamp="1322026340"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91843.msg1128040#msg1128040 date=1322023156]
Just a tid bit of info on those saying turnovers will make the game. Vidor has yet to give the ball away in the post season. Angleton has fumbled 3 times and gave it away twice and been picked off 3 times.
[/quote]And they STILL won those last two, outscoring the opposition by 27, and 29 points. (respectively). This week, they won't have second and third string players in the game..unless, of course, its really late in the fourth and the cats are far ahead...I'm sure it will be a very close game tho. Thats a pretty funny pic coach. From what I've heard concerning the weather, everyone who is at this game friday night might leave looking like that! LOL! I think all the players are as ready as they are going to get.....Let's get 'em to go ahead and play the game right now! J/K
[/quote]
I heard the weather was gonna be clear and chilly.

[quote name="vp32" post="1128058" timestamp="1322026396"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Considering what this team has gone through this year and the loss of there teammate/friend/brother in Matt Thomas that could be taken as disrespectful.
[/quote]
I'm 100% sure there was no disrespect intended at all. Knowing the very high level of character of our players and coaching staff, lowering the flag to half mast was likely done out of respect for the young man who was killed in spite of the fact that the flag was put there as a 'prank' to get ahs's attention. Noone here means to be disrespectful, I'm sure.

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1128079" timestamp="1322034853"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91843.msg1128058#msg1128058 date=1322026396]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
I'm 100% sure there was no disrespect intended at all. Knowing the very high level of character of our players and coaching staff, lowering the flag to half mast was likely done out of respect for the young man who was killed in spite of the fact that the flag was put there as a 'prank' to get ahs's attention. Noone here means to be disrespectful, I'm sure.
[/quote]

I took it as no disrespect.... i took it as it was meant.... as a prank... its all good in my eyes.... carry on :-D wouldn't expect nothing less than a hard fought battle in the trenches come Friday night @ 6!!

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1128055" timestamp="1322025893"]
The Wildcat look after walking the plank...
[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhJ31vi_Q5-6oK3ZjeGcTYvVjNq3hM221BCOOht-MqV8HUBM5V[/img] :-D Going to be a good game and I for one can not wait!!
[/quote]This would be a great Saturday headline!  LMBO!!!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1128106" timestamp="1322051647"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=91843.msg1128055#msg1128055 date=1322025893]
The Wildcat look after walking the plank...
[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhJ31vi_Q5-6oK3ZjeGcTYvVjNq3hM221BCOOht-MqV8HUBM5V[/img] :-D Going to be a good game and I for one can not wait!!
[/quote]This would be a great Saturday headline!  LMBO!!!
[/quote]
hahahahahaah

[quote name="blackspot" post="1128098" timestamp="1322049494"]
So , Angeltons' coaches hung a  flag up in Angelton to motivate their players ?
[/quote]

No, it was just a joke. Man, you Vidor fans act like you all have never been this deep in the playoffs before. Oh wait, you haven't.  ;D LOL

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1128144" timestamp="1322057258"]
[quote author=blackspot link=topic=91843.msg1128098#msg1128098 date=1322049494]
So , Angeltons' coaches hung a  flag up in Angelton to motivate their players ?
[/quote]

No, it was just a joke. Man, you Vidor fans act like you all have never been this deep in the playoffs before. Oh wait, you haven't.  ;D LOL
[/quote]
Just out of curiosity, how long has Dawson been a school?

there is a pretty significant difference from the wing t that Angelton runs to the slot t that vidor runs.  Our advantage is that we have a few schools in the area that run the same slot t (vidor,livingston...) so we see it more and are familiar with it. 

I would hate to be a coach from an area that dont see the slot t and the first time i saw it was on film the week before i played vidor!  I promise you, its mind boggling!!  LOL

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83