East Chambers vs Tatum Predictions

Hornet

Guest wackpack
[quote name="bucmom0f2" post="1126853" timestamp="1321923607"]
The sweet thing about past records and how teams have done in the past is there is ALWAYS an unexpected team that upsets those records.  I think we should just leave the talking to the players on Friday night!  I think Tatum is going to be surprised they seem a little cocky.
[/quote] you mean some of their fans might seem cocky?????.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ECbucs#1!" post="1126877" timestamp="1321924961"]
[quote author=Eagle8 link=topic=91842.msg1126865#msg1126865 date=1321924447]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=91842.msg1125858#msg1125858 date=1321832227]
Predictions like [s]Green Bay Pac.... [/s] I mean [i]Tatum[/i] wins 56-12, and now an NFL roster for Tatum is posted...Hmmm... doesn't sound like EC should even bother showing up for the game...  ;)
[/quote]
You can take your cracks at me all you want but the bad thing is.....I'm not joking....[b]these kids really are this big[/b], lol. We're always that big and usually faster, we're much slower than year's past though. We have 4 or 5 DI prospects as we do every year. All I was doing was asking about your kids and trying to give you a little info on ours. The 56-12 prediction definitely isn't my prediction. I know this is gonna be a game. I think this game will be within 1 or 2 TDs.....the homer in me says Tatum, the homer in you says EC. It will all unfold friday night.
[/quote]
Agree with the last part. Were all homers on here, and this will be an exciting game and gonna be close. But in the first part of you post. You know the old saying, The bigger they are the harder they fall. ;D But hey all jokeing aside.[b] This is the biggest game that probably both teams has faced all year.[/b] I think if Crockett gets disqualified (if thats the right word) then the winner of this could very well go to state.
[/quote]

I dunno about that....we played all 3A competition in non-district. Gilmer(#3, in 3A), Bullard(still alive in 3A), Atlanta, Diboll, Pittsburg......actually went 4-1 against them. But EC wont be the best team we've seen all year, Gilmer was much better than EC. Bullard liekly as well. We've taken our bumps and bruises but we've seen the likes of the Gilmers....I think we're ready for anything thrown at us.....best of luck Bucs.

Dang.. Tatum better win.  If they don't who will put another trophy in their trophy case so the whole town can come rub on it..  It's a football game.  Who cares about your 46 D1 players.  Your history of wins... Reach around and pat yourself on the back.  We don't care.  EC will come ready to play with their 155 lb lineman and sub par quarterback and so so running back.  When its all over the winner moves on and the loser does something else.. It's called life.  Can't wait for a clever comeback.

[quote name="justsaying" post="1127065" timestamp="1321931802"]
Dang.. Tatum better win.  If they don't who will put another trophy in their trophy case so the whole town can come rub on it..  It's a football game.  Who cares about your 46 D1 players.  Your history of wins... Reach around and pat yourself on the back.  We don't care.  EC will come ready to play with their 155 lb lineman and sub par quarterback and so so running back.  When its all over the winner moves on and the loser does something else.. It's called life.  Can't wait for a clever comeback.
[/quote]

When people ask about our players, we answer them.  It's called common courtesy, which I see isn't all that common. 

I wish fans could score points for all the talking we do on this board.. While it is fun to talk and show our pride about each of our teams, it still does not give us an extra touchdown when we need it. The players are gonna do all the talking by playing their game, which should be a good one.. Good luck to both schools.. Should be a great atmosphere in Lufkin Friday! All i know is, the team that loses does not need to hang their head.. Both teams have had great years! Good luck Bucs!!

[quote name="justsaying" post="1127159" timestamp="1321937425"]
Your common courtesy is a bit inflated.  We play quality teams like Newton but don't have to listen to all their successes from the last 25 years.  They don't have to tell us how awesome every player is.... Statistical information is one thing but get real on the other stuff.
[/quote]

You guys must be smoking some of that funny stuff down south.  A Guy from EC was the first to post about the playoff history.  Do not get you panties in a wad about every little thing.  People need to also know that no person from Tatum has predicted a blow out and many of us know that EC is capable of beating Tatum.  I do not believe the odds are in EC favor, but it is in no way a sure thing. 

Also #27 is a hoss.  He will probably be the best running back that we have faced this year.  After watching the Newton game, I was impressed with your offense, but also remember Newton had there best running back out.  If Newton, with there running back out can put up 34, then I believe that Tatum's offense is just as potent, if not better than Newton's.

The key to this game will be mistakes and turnovers.  Who ever makes the least will win this game.

Well, if you watched the Newton game then you surely noticed that two of Newtons touchdowns were scored by the defense so don't jump the gun.  Newton also put 40 on Jefferson and Tatum on scored 28.  But you know as well as I that none of this really means anything.  Each team matches up differently.  Offensively, EC has to be creative because they aren't the biggest upfront but they execute very well. EC defense isn't big but handles the run game pretty well.  It's the passing defense that has the biggest issues.  But, this game may be decided by the special teams.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1127306" timestamp="1321972513"]
[quote author=lobos link=topic=91842.msg1124872#msg1124872 date=1321754883]
East Chambers has no chance to win!

Tatum-56
East chambers-12 maybe
[/quote]

;)
[/quote]

He is a Lobo from Longview and is on here to get people to start arguing.  If he is who I believe he is, then he is on here to just start something.  Do not take the bait.  He likes to stir up things on the other boards in East Texas.

[quote name="Eagle8" post="1126879" timestamp="1321925232"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=91842.msg1126265#msg1126265 date=1321894922]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=91842.msg1126077#msg1126077 date=1321846792]
[quote author=Eagle8 link=topic=91842.msg1125851#msg1125851 date=1321831608]
What kind of size ad speed are we looking at going up against EC? I know you guys are run heavy but how big should we expect and fast should we expect.

Tatum stand outs

#2 QB Jalen Overstreet(UT Comiitt) - 6'3 217 lbs, 4.5
#27 RB/DE L.J. Johnson - 6'2 220, 4.6
#1 WR/LB/S Nate Pickett - 6'3 200, 4.6
#18 TE/DE Daven Reese 6'2 220, 4.7
#52 C/DT L.A. Hale 6'2 285, 4.8
#24 RB Shaq Johnson 5'5 155, 4.4
#34 LB Kinao Lucas 6'0 215, 4.6
#16 LB/RB Keshawn Smith 6'1 180, 4.5(freshman, son of former Oakland Raider LB Travian Smith)
#54 DE Caleb Mobley 6'3 280
[/quote]

Okay, now that we have had the Tatum combine, how about some stats on what these guys have done on the field?
[/quote]

Here are a few stats from MaxPreps:
Tatum Eagles
Team Records
Overall Win % PF PA
11-2-0 .846 437 224
Record Breakdown
Home Away Neutral League
4-1-0 4-1-0 3-0-0 4-1-0
Team Rankings
National State State Div. Sec.
1349        172          10                    35

East Chambers Buccaneers
Team Records
Overall Win % PF PA
9-2-0 .818 423 161
Record Breakdown
Home Away Neutral League
4-1-0 4-1-0 1-0-0 7-0-0
Team Rankings
2061      241            14                  54

Team Scoring Averages
School Name        Q1      Q2 Q3 Q4 Final
Tatum
                        10.5 7.0   0   6.0 33.6
East Chambers
                        7.0 17.3 11.0 6.7 38.5

Gone to have to stop QB #2 Jalan Overstreet then game over. Otherwise it's a close game. A little fudging on the #'s. #2 Jalan Overstreet 6'2", 205LBS 6.56 and has UT Committed YES. Stop him and their done. Stop'em won't be easy. Tatum defense has given up alot of points. Game will be decided on the field and talk is cheap.
[/quote]

False....no fudging on the #s......That is how big Jalen was at the bieginning of his junior year...the recruiting databases never changed it.......talk to his mother in the stands all the time. Last camp he was at, 6'3 217, 4.5
[/quote]

I'll trust Texas Longhorns Recruiting before I trust you.

Jalen Overstreet to Texas, 2nd 2012 QB In the Fold
by GhostofBigRoy on Oct 31, 2011 12:53 PM CDT in [b]Texas Longhorns Recruiting [/b] 
40 comments Email Print.After receiving a Texas offer on Saturday during a sit-down in Mack Brown's office, 2012 Tatum athlete Jalen Overstreet committed on Sunday evening, solidifying future depth at the quarterback position by joining long-time commit Connor Brewer as a member of the 2012 class.

Overstreet is the 19th commitment in the class and choose Texas over offers from Texas Tech, Baylor, and Kansas as a quarterback, Michigan as a wide receiver, and Arkansas and Missouri as an athlete, an offer list that helps solidify his bona fides as both an athlete and a quarterback.

Brewer has stated in the past that he is comfortable with the Longhorns offering another quarterback in 2012 after defections from Connor Wood and Garrett Gilbert during the fall and Texas settled on Overstreet after scouring the state and inquiring about every committed and uncommitted quarterback in the class.

[b]At 6-2 and 205 pounds[/b], Oversteet is a well-built athlete who could project at WR, H-back, safety, or outside linebacker if he doesn't work out at quarterback and shows a strong ability to break tackles at the high school level, showing off his lower-body strength and balance in doing so.

Rivals, 6'2 205
Scout, 6'3 207
247, 6'2 212
Jalen Overstreet, 6'3 217

For those of you that don't know, recruiting databases get actual measures from the athletes while at camps. Overstreet has been to zero camps. The top three are just guesses.. The 4th one is actual facts from the kid himself.

Not that this has anything to do with the upcoming matchup.

Watched some film and Overstreet is one heck of a player. As a passer, the film on Overstreet mostly shows him throwing touch passes in the redzone for jump-ball touchdowns to a WR #1 Nate Pickett. WR #1 Nate Pickett is their go to receiver, but # 24 Shaq Johnson will come out of backfield for short pass. Just my opinion, Overstreet is the team passing and running. He can take over the game if you let him.

[quote name="Eagle8" post="1127013" timestamp="1321929728"]
[quote author=ECbucs#1! link=topic=91842.msg1126877#msg1126877 date=1321924961]
[quote author=Eagle8 link=topic=91842.msg1126865#msg1126865 date=1321924447]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=91842.msg1125858#msg1125858 date=1321832227]
Predictions like [s]Green Bay Pac.... [/s] I mean [i]Tatum[/i] wins 56-12, and now an NFL roster for Tatum is posted...Hmmm... doesn't sound like EC should even bother showing up for the game...  ;)
[/quote]
You can take your cracks at me all you want but the bad thing is.....I'm not joking....[b]these kids really are this big[/b], lol. We're always that big and usually faster, we're much slower than year's past though. We have 4 or 5 DI prospects as we do every year. All I was doing was asking about your kids and trying to give you a little info on ours. The 56-12 prediction definitely isn't my prediction. I know this is gonna be a game. I think this game will be within 1 or 2 TDs.....the homer in me says Tatum, the homer in you says EC. It will all unfold friday night.
[/quote]
Agree with the last part. Were all homers on here, and this will be an exciting game and gonna be close. But in the first part of you post. You know the old saying, The bigger they are the harder they fall. ;D But hey all jokeing aside.[b] This is the biggest game that probably both teams has faced all year.[/b] I think if Crockett gets disqualified (if thats the right word) then the winner of this could very well go to state.
[/quote]

I dunno about that....we played all 3A competition in non-district. Gilmer(#3, in 3A), Bullard(still alive in 3A), Atlanta, Diboll, Pittsburg......actually went 4-1 against them. But EC wont be the best team we've seen all year, Gilmer was much better than EC. Bullard liekly as well. We've taken our bumps and bruises but we've seen the likes of the Gilmers....I think we're ready for anything thrown at us.....best of luck Bucs.
[/quote]
I did not say that EC was the best team you played. I just said this game is probably the biggest game of both of the teams seasons. Like I said earlier, IMO the winner of this game will go to state.

[quote name="justsaying" post="1127159" timestamp="1321937425"]
Your common courtesy is a bit inflated.  We play quality teams like Newton but don't have to listen to all their successes from the last 25 years.  They don't have to tell us how awesome every player is.... Statistical information is one thing but get real on the other stuff.
[/quote]

You mean get real on their sizes?  Hate to break it to you, but that is their sizes.  And Newton don't have to get on here and tell you about themselves because y'all get to see them year in and year out.  We are just trying to give you a little information on our team.  Just be in Lufkin Friday to see for yourself.

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1127483" timestamp="1321985788"]
[quote author=Eagle8 link=topic=91842.msg1126879#msg1126879 date=1321925232]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=91842.msg1126265#msg1126265 date=1321894922]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=91842.msg1126077#msg1126077 date=1321846792]
[quote author=Eagle8 link=topic=91842.msg1125851#msg1125851 date=1321831608]
What kind of size ad speed are we looking at going up against EC? I know you guys are run heavy but how big should we expect and fast should we expect.

Tatum stand outs

#2 QB Jalen Overstreet(UT Comiitt) - 6'3 217 lbs, 4.5
#27 RB/DE L.J. Johnson - 6'2 220, 4.6
#1 WR/LB/S Nate Pickett - 6'3 200, 4.6
#18 TE/DE Daven Reese 6'2 220, 4.7
#52 C/DT L.A. Hale 6'2 285, 4.8
#24 RB Shaq Johnson 5'5 155, 4.4
#34 LB Kinao Lucas 6'0 215, 4.6
#16 LB/RB Keshawn Smith 6'1 180, 4.5(freshman, son of former Oakland Raider LB Travian Smith)
#54 DE Caleb Mobley 6'3 280
[/quote]

Okay, now that we have had the Tatum combine, how about some stats on what these guys have done on the field?
[/quote]

Here are a few stats from MaxPreps:
Tatum Eagles
Team Records
Overall Win % PF PA
11-2-0 .846 437 224
Record Breakdown
Home Away Neutral League
4-1-0 4-1-0 3-0-0 4-1-0
Team Rankings
1349        172          10                    35

East Chambers Buccaneers
Team Records
Overall Win % PF PA
9-2-0 .818 423 161
Record Breakdown
Home Away Neutral League
4-1-0 4-1-0 1-0-0 7-0-0
Team Rankings
2061      241            14                  54

Team Scoring Averages
School Name        Q1      Q2 Q3 Q4 Final
Tatum
                        10.5 7.0   0   6.0 33.6
East Chambers
                        7.0 17.3 11.0 6.7 38.5

Gone to have to stop QB #2 Jalan Overstreet then game over. Otherwise it's a close game. A little fudging on the #'s. #2 Jalan Overstreet 6'2", 205LBS 6.56 and has UT Committed YES. Stop him and their done. Stop'em won't be easy. Tatum defense has given up alot of points. Game will be decided on the field and talk is cheap.
[/quote]

False....no fudging on the #s......That is how big Jalen was at the bieginning of his junior year...the recruiting databases never changed it.......talk to his mother in the stands all the time. Last camp he was at, 6'3 217, 4.5
[/quote]

I'll trust Texas Longhorns Recruiting before I trust you.

Jalen Overstreet to Texas, 2nd 2012 QB In the Fold
by GhostofBigRoy on Oct 31, 2011 12:53 PM CDT in [b]Texas Longhorns Recruiting [/b] 
40 comments Email Print.After receiving a Texas offer on Saturday during a sit-down in Mack Brown's office, 2012 Tatum athlete Jalen Overstreet committed on Sunday evening, solidifying future depth at the quarterback position by joining long-time commit Connor Brewer as a member of the 2012 class.

Overstreet is the 19th commitment in the class and choose Texas over offers from Texas Tech, Baylor, and Kansas as a quarterback, Michigan as a wide receiver, and Arkansas and Missouri as an athlete, an offer list that helps solidify his bona fides as both an athlete and a quarterback.

Brewer has stated in the past that he is comfortable with the Longhorns offering another quarterback in 2012 after defections from Connor Wood and Garrett Gilbert during the fall and Texas settled on Overstreet after scouring the state and inquiring about every committed and uncommitted quarterback in the class.

[b]At 6-2 and 205 pounds[/b], Oversteet is a well-built athlete who could project at WR, H-back, safety, or outside linebacker if he doesn't work out at quarterback and shows a strong ability to break tackles at the high school level, showing off his lower-body strength and balance in doing so.
[/quote]

And I'll trust his mother before I trust any of them.  I asked his mother flat out because me and some guys, Eagle8 being one of them, how much he weighed.  I thought he was closer to 220, but she said 213.  That was against Diboll I believe.  That was week 0, so he could have gotten bigger.  Size don't win you games though, ask Hutto.

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1127541" timestamp="1321987851"]
Watched some film and Overstreet is one heck of a player. As a passer, the film on Overstreet mostly shows him throwing touch passes in the redzone for jump-ball touchdowns to a WR #1 Nate Pickett. WR #1 Nate Pickett is their go to receiver, but # 24 Shaq Johnson will come out of backfield for short pass. Just my opinion, Overstreet is the team passing and running. He can take over the game if you let him.
[/quote]

Yeah..hes a special player who will have a big career.Here's a link to his early senior season highlight real against the 3A teams we played.  He also has a video of  one play where he got play of the week on a highlight show by stiff arming a guy then jumping over another guy on his way to a 51 yard TD run against Bullard who has an up hill battle against West Orange-Stark this week. Go check him out....hes a heck of a player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xwj8EwV8Bs

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder