East Chambers vs Tatum Predictions

Hornet

[quote name="Hornet" post="1130732" timestamp="1322283259"]
[quote author=Tatum_DirtyBird link=topic=91842.msg1130672#msg1130672 date=1322280181]
[quote author=Buccaneer#3 link=topic=91842.msg1130280#msg1130280 date=1322271654]
I still say Overstreet is Tatum's only good player. He has been the only name mentioned basically
[/quote]

Really?  Okie Dokie... If you say so.  You didn't like #1 Nate Pickett that burned ya'll all night and #27 that cleaned y'alls QBs plow all night?  But if you say so.  Yes, he stands out above everyone else, but he also had some good blocking.  I also saw #24 make y'alls defense look silly a couple of times.

Now to those of y'all that want to talk sensibly, East Chambers was a pretty good team and had a great  season.  Congrats EC.  Played with a lot of heart and even more class.
[/quote]

Tatum has more than one weapon on their team besides Overstreet. Noel, Pickett and Johnson also stood out. I was very impressed with Noel running the ball. Excellent runner!
[/quote]

WOW, you are right.  I had forgot about Noel.  he looked really good tonight, haven't run him a whole lot.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great season Bucs, I loved the kids attitudes. Everytime they tackled Overstreet or any of our guys they were quick to help them up...a lot of class.

My take on the game. The size difference played a big role. Our front 4 on defense were big enough and athletic enough to take a huge tole on the EC O-line. The whole first half Roberts was having to break tackles before he reached the line of scrimmage. I dont think he could have had more than 20 yards in the first half. Our secondary did a good job laying hits as soon as the ball reached the receivers. You could tell that EC has banked on the run game all year.....we were able to shut it down and the passing game just wasn't there when we shut the run down. We had 4 or 5 INTs and dropped 3 or 4 more. Once we put in the JV and freshmen kids on defense Roberts showed some flair in the running game...he has good moves when he gets out in the open field.....our starting front 7 just never really let that happen. Hope your player with the hurt anke has a speedy recovery and I wish you guys the best of luck in basketball and the rest of the sports this year.

[quote name="Buccaneer#3" post="1130280" timestamp="1322271654"]
I still say Overstreet is Tatum's only good player. He has been the only name mentioned basically
[/quote]

So Overstreet scored every TD by himself....made all those INTs by himself....held Glenn Rogers to less than 20 yards in the first half all by himself?

#27 Johnson, #54 Mobley, and # 52 Hale were in the backfield all night. Pickett and Sessions both had 2 INTs each. The safety's and corners came up to make good hits to dislodge balls upon impact. Our 1st string defense yielded nothing and Overstreet doesn't even play on defense....and hes the only good player we have? No wait....i get it, he was on the sideline hooked up to Madden controlling our defense.

Good season guys....but dont tell me Overstreet is the only good player that we have. Is he our most potent weapon? Yes he is. Did you get a giant dose of him? Yes you did. When the star power made sure the game was in hand did we show the rest of our assault? Yep.

In every game we use our deadliest weapon...if they can not stop it.....why fix it if it aint broke? If they can limit him then we usually start mixing in a lot of #24, #27, #6, and #5 in the backfield. Last night Overstreet needed very little help so he didn't get it til late in the game.

[quote name="Buccaneer#3" post="1130280" timestamp="1322271654"]
[/quote]
We were over matched with size and speed in this one.  We had plenty of heart and competed to the end.  EC never quit.  Tatum had plenty of good players other that Overstreet.  How bout #1?  When he wasn't burning us catching passes and intercepting our passes, he was crushing our receivers where they couldn't hang on to the ball.  Great season for the BUCS.  Good luck to Tatum going forward.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder