West Orange-Stark vs. Columbus Game Thread/WOS advances 52-9

WOSgrad

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kicker" post="1122978" timestamp="1321674977"]
[b]Just noticed on Columbus' side they have one of their cheerleader signs tapped to the stands and is says "sting the Stangs".........when did Cardinals start stinging? Lol. Hahahaha. I'm sorry, but that's good stuff[/b].
[/quote] ;D :D

[quote name="kicker" post="1123020" timestamp="1321675520"]
Columbus should have something come down on them from the uil. Even their coach is a punk. PUNK. Gives #24 a high five after he gets ejected for punching our freshman qb 3 times. Garbage!!!!! All of them.
[/quote]

This sounds worse than (former) Giddings Head Coach Fitzhenry. 

Well, I finally got to watch the boys in person this year. Impressive performance. Seems like the Stangs are getting it all together at the right time. Score could and should have been way worse. Salter really seems to be getting comfortable throwing the ball and made some good decisions running the ball as well. Rutledge has a very bright future. Lindsey was a joy to watch - we willl miss this young stud. Seems like we are going to really miss Renfro if he doesn't come back and we face a genuine passing team, but the defense really got after them and my hat is certainly off to these young men for maintaining their composure. I have zero respect for Columbus. They had a couple of players that were clearly trying to start stuff on the field by the 2nd quarter and it was completely out of control in the second half. I blame the terrible officiating. This crew never exerted control and was obviously willing to let far too much slide - it is a miracle that there wasn't a battle royale on the field by the end of the game. Columbus played one of the dirtiest games I think I have ever seen. Virtually every single play of the second half involved an extra shove, punch, or some little cheap shot, many well after the play was obviously over. Too bad we were kneeling it out at the end. If anyone ever deserved to have their noses rubbed in it, it was this pathetic team. I am just glad that no one got hurt.

West Orange-Stark 52, Columbus 9 - Final

Columbus Overall: 5-7  District: 2-2
West Orange-Stark Overall: 9-3  District: 5-0
Boxscore
Friday November 18, 2011 7:30pm

1 2 3 4 Total
Columbus 3 0 6 0 9
WO-S      7 13 12 20 52

Scoring summary
WOS -- Derrick Ledet 62-yard pass from Jimmy Salter (Jerquis Beasley kick), 08:26, 1st.
CLB -- Jacob Christen 32-yard field goal, 05:10, 1st.
WOS -- Jimmy Salter 9-yard run (Jerquis Beasley kick), 08:34, 2nd.
WOS -- Jimmy Salter 1-yard run (run failed), 05:01, 2nd.
WOS -- Quinton Tezeno 9-yard run (kick failed), 09:08, 3rd.
WOS -- Britton Lindsey 62-yard run (kick failed), 04:01, 3rd.
CLB -- Mason Denley 49-yard pass from Seth Vickers (kick failed), 00:13, 3rd.
WOS -- Nathaniel Colbert 77-yard pass from Jimmy Salter (kick failed), 11:46, 4th.
WOS -- Abear Simien 3-yard run (Rodikson Cano kick), 10:05, 4th.
WOS -- J'Marcus Rhodes 67-yard pass from Chase Rutledge (Rodikson Cano kick), 05:08, 4th.

Team Stats
                  Columbus        WO-S
Total yards      243            613
First downs        9                25
Rushes/Yds    29/58          41/269
Average rush    2                6.56
Comp/Atts    12/29/0        18/22/0
Pass yards      185              344
Comp pct        41.38            81.82
Punts                5                  2
Punting Yards  183                62
Punting Average 36.6            31
Fumbles/Lost    3/2              1/1
Penalties-yards  3-35          3-15

[quote name="Judex" post="1123182" timestamp="1321679965"]
Well, I finally got to watch the boys in person this year. Impressive performance. Seems like the Stangs are getting it all together at the right time. Score could and should have been way worse. Salter really seems to be getting comfortable throwing the ball and made some good decisions running the ball as well. Rutledge has a very bright future. Lindsey was a joy to watch - we willl miss this young stud. Seems like we are going to really miss Renfro if he doesn't come back and we face a genuine passing team, but the defense really got after them and my hat is certainly off to these young men for maintaining their composure. I have zero respect for Columbus. They had a couple of players that were clearly trying to start stuff on the field by the 2nd quarter and it was completely out of control in the second half. I blame the terrible officiating. This crew never exerted control and was obviously willing to let far too much slide - it is a miracle that there wasn't a battle royale on the field by the end of the game. Columbus played one of the dirtiest games I think I have ever seen. Virtually every single play of the second half involved an extra shove, punch, or some little cheap shot, many well after the play was obviously over. Too bad we were kneeling it out at the end. If anyone ever deserved to have their noses rubbed in it, it was this pathetic team. I am just glad that no one got hurt.
[/quote]Ditto, in all of my years of watching football that was the dirtiest team I have ever seen,refs did not do their job tonight. The kid that got kicked out at the end for col was a good lb but he is the dirtiest player I've ever seen. he should have been gone early in the 3rd qt. Good job Stangs.

Great win by the Stangs over a team that didn't deserve to be there. Props to our boys for keeping their cool in the face of some serious chicken sh#t by Columbus. Several times, when one of our players was hurt or they got in a cheap shot, they would celebrate and congratulate each other. Their head coach even high-fived the kid who was ejected for punching our freshman QB.

[quote name="WOS92" post="1123309" timestamp="1321689185"]
Great win by the Stangs over a team that didn't deserve to be there. Props to our boys for keeping their cool in the face of some serious chicken sh#t by Columbus. Several times, when one of our players was hurt or they got in a cheap shot, they would celebrate and congratulate each other. Their head coach even high-fived the kid who was ejected for punching our freshman QB.
[/quote]
And let's not forget that it wasn't A punch it was multiple after the play was done and our young qb was laying on the turf. I have never seen that. Looked like roid rage to me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder