Port Arthur Memorial vs. Lumberton Game Thread/PAM wins 46-40 in OT!!

WOSgrad

Lumberton got two move in brothers from Spring or somewhere this was there first night to play. The senior played on the JV against Kountze, but wasn't UIL ready to play Varsity. They are both cleared to play now. A senior and sophmore, they both started, even though they are both guards they will help the team.

A ranked Freshman? How can a Freshman be ranked if they've never played a HS sport? If that's the case, I don't think that's good for a young kid to get that much attention. I don't know this kid, but I have seen many young men who are Fresh/Soph who receive a lot of attention early in their HS careers who get the 'Big Head' syndrome. They stop working hard, and a lot of times they stop playing team ball. It usually hurts other kids/teams around him.

Yes, Chatman is ranked high in his class, and he is about 6'5" and is listed as a small forward.
He played in the Freshman Top 20 All-American game for his class (2015) in July 2011.
I don't know why he isn't playing varsity.  Is he good enough to get playing time?

I heard that there are several football players on the basketball team, including the huge offensive lineman Trevan Armstead, who is listed at 6'7".

[quote name="EZDawg" post="1124562" timestamp="1321743174"]
A ranked Freshman? How can a Freshman be ranked if they've never played a HS sport? If that's the case, I don't think that's good for a young kid to get that much attention. I don't know this kid, but I have seen many young men who are Fresh/Soph who receive a lot of attention early in their HS careers who get the 'Big Head' syndrome. They stop working hard, and a lot of times they stop playing team ball. It usually hurts other kids/teams around him.
[/quote]Depends on how the parents handle their kids. These kids are getting a lot of attention at a very young age. Hearing how good they are and they should be playing varsity as freshmen, etc. As a parent , you have to try and keep yourself in check and your child because your kid is only as good as his/her last game.

[quote name="mfd814" post="1124702" timestamp="1321749063"]
These kids also know they have to keep working hard..someone is coming for them....older, younger.same team.....a lot are leaders on their team,  a few get the big head.  Most love the competition.
[/quote]Yep! Especially when the summer starts and they play against national competition. Thats another wake up call.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed