Dayton vs. Magnolia West Predictions

Hawkeye

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1116580" timestamp="1321194628"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=91476.msg1116563#msg1116563 date=1321193271]
Any new on the game location this morning???  Updating my website, and I have TBA still?

Don't know what happened, but if the Dayton front seven plays a game like it did last night, we win it.  This will be the first game video that I get a lot of defensive highlights.  We had about half a dozen QB sacks and several takcles on the PN-G running back for negative yardage.  PN-G really hammered the secondary in the first half, but after PN-G's 3rd quarter TD, the Broncos shut out a very good team.

Can't wait to edit the video, unfortunately, my voice is out of whack, and I won't be able to do the voice over video today.
[/quote]The main point is no one has held Bertrand like Dayton did last night on the run. Nederland came close, but did not stop Bertrand like Dayton. Luckily we had the pass, but Daytons adjustments and some supect play calling kept us out of the endzone. If Dayton can play the run like last night then they should have a chance...
[/quote]

Again, Richards is a more talented HB than Bertrand.  He's excellent at catching passes out of the backfield, and has great vision and speed.  The MW passing game ain't bad either.  Dayton will be in for another close one.  I say the teams are about even, but when I feel this way, I usually go with the more experienced team.  In this case, it's the Broncos.  Still pulling for 17-4A though!

Dayton          31
Magnolia West 28

BTW, when & where is this one?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1116591" timestamp="1321195747"]
[quote author=FrodoNDN link=topic=91476.msg1116580#msg1116580 date=1321194628]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=91476.msg1116563#msg1116563 date=1321193271]
Any new on the game location this morning???  Updating my website, and I have TBA still?

Don't know what happened, but if the Dayton front seven plays a game like it did last night, we win it.  This will be the first game video that I get a lot of defensive highlights.  We had about half a dozen QB sacks and several takcles on the PN-G running back for negative yardage.  PN-G really hammered the secondary in the first half, but after PN-G's 3rd quarter TD, the Broncos shut out a very good team.

Can't wait to edit the video, unfortunately, my voice is out of whack, and I won't be able to do the voice over video today.
[/quote]The main point is no one has held Bertrand like Dayton did last night on the run. Nederland came close, but did not stop Bertrand like Dayton. Luckily we had the pass, but Daytons adjustments and some supect play calling kept us out of the endzone. If Dayton can play the run like last night then they should have a chance...
[/quote]

Again, Richards is a more talented HB than Bertrand.  He's excellent at catching passes out of the backfield, and has great vision and speed.  The MW passing game ain't bad either.  Dayton will be in for another close one.  I say the teams are about even, but when I feel this way, I usually go with the more experienced team.  In this case, it's the Broncos.  Still pulling for 17-4A though!

Dayton          31
Magnolia West 28

[/quote]How would you compare the PN-G offensive line to MW offensive line?

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1116591" timestamp="1321195747"]

[/quote]

Dayton          31
Magnolia West 28

[b]BTW, when & where is this one?[/b]
[/quote]Heard on the radio next Saturday at Galena Park.. They didn't have the time.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1116600" timestamp="1321196559"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91476.msg1116591#msg1116591 date=1321195747]

[/quote]

Dayton          31
Magnolia West 28

[/quote]How would you compare the PN-G offensive line to MW offensive line?
[/quote]

Hmmm...  It's hard to gage that because of Malcom Brown.  He destroyed the MW o-line.  However, not every team has that luxury.  From what I've seen, I'd say they are about even.  Their passing attack isn't bad either.  Y'all shut Bertrand down last night, but the few plays he did make, we're receptions.  Be very careful blitzing,  cuz if Richards catches the ball in the open field, you're not gonna catch him.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1116563" timestamp="1321193271"]

[/quote]  Mrs Toups  can handle that for you

[quote name="vpdb78" post="1116614" timestamp="1321197030"]

[/quote]  Mrs Toups  can handle that for you
[/quote] ;D ;D ;D

My thoughts on MW are this.  I think they have improved along the course of the season more than anyone in 17-4A.  They were in a must win situation against Waller in the last game of the year.  I gotta be honest that I picked Waller in that game because after seeing both teams play, I just thought that Waller was much more physical up front.  Well MW made me look like a fool by beating Waller 45-0.  Desmond Richards definitely the key to their offense, but Tyler Anderson is a legit QB, and Resendez is a legit receiver.  In my opinion they are a well coached team(even though Coach Bell sometimes tends to run his mouth too much), that will not beat themselves. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1116493" timestamp="1321168950"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=91476.msg1116480#msg1116480 date=1321167446]
Dayt held Bertrand to 17=38 yds=2.2 per,Nobody has accomplished that,we'll be ok.
[/quote]

I've seen both backs and Richards is a lot better than Bertrand.  Richards catches passes out of the backfield well too.
[/quote]Yeah... Bertrand can't hold a candle to Richards.  Good luck!!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1117192" timestamp="1321229921"]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=91476.msg1116945#msg1116945 date=1321214837]
What's the word on Magnolia West? running or passing team, good D?
[/quote]

Good rushing....
Above average passing....
Average defense at best....
[/quote]

Sounds familiar  ;D...I'll go with Dayton

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2011&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=124650&TeamID=3852&SearchType=Teams

Repost for those that haven't seen yet. Don't take this team lightly. The RB is a monster and the QB will hit you with a TD pass after you're locked in to stopping the run game. With that said, I still think the Broncos should win, just not over confident. Sure would be nice if we had an HISD team in the second round.  ;D

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1117217" timestamp="1321231864"]
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2011&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=124650&TeamID=3852&SearchType=Teams

Repost for those that haven't seen yet. Don't take this team lightly. The RB is a monster and the QB will hit you with a TD pass after you're locked in to stopping the run game. With that said, I still think the Broncos should win, just not over confident. Sure would be nice if we had an HISD team in the second round.  ;D
[/quote]

I know right!

[quote name="rollinac" post="1117238" timestamp="1321233634"]
All year Dayton's D has given up yardage and quite a few points.  The offense goes hot and cold as well.  It's pretty much come down to turnovers in most of the games this year.  Two evenly matched teams....I'll go with whoever wins the turnover battle.
[/quote]

I think that may have been my lamest post ever.....at least I didn't go with the whoever scores more points is going to win, but it was pretty close.  I'd give a slight edge to Dayton for playoff experience and special teams....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder