Nederland vs. Houston Stratford

Puma42

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bulldog1984" post="1117993" timestamp="1321304010"]
I hope the coaches look on here so they can see what we are seeing as fan of high school football. I have been watching football for many years and can say i know football as good or better than some coaches half my age, [b]just because you have a degree in coaching [/b] doesnt make you a know it all. Just some opinions on here is not saying they are bad coaches just some insight to try some things that we see works. We do have the best coaches in the area but they make mistakes too. we love our bulldogs and want them to succeed . Go Dogs beat the Spartans
[/quote]
Degree in coaching?
Didn't know there was such a thing.

well forum i think you might need to go to school and get one if you never heard of one... you have to go to college to coach in any public school and that means a degree . Call it what you want but i call it a coaching degree! yes you dont have to have a degree to coach pee wee football or pee wee baseball so yes you do have to have a degree to be a coach in high school football .

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1120930" timestamp="1321544288"]
[quote author=BigNed08 link=topic=91472.msg1120911#msg1120911 date=1321542885]
There is going to be a Pep Rally. It is tonight at Bulldog Stadium @ 5:30pm
[/quote]This will not be much of a pep rally. [b]Band will not even be playing[/b] so they will have to use recorded music. Seems like a little more planning would have gone into this!!!!
[/quote]

Why is this?

[quote name="forum" post="1121082" timestamp="1321553559"]
[quote author=bulldog1984 link=topic=91472.msg1117993#msg1117993 date=1321304010]
I hope the coaches look on here so they can see what we are seeing as fan of high school football. I have been watching football for many years and can say i know football as good or better than some coaches half my age, [b]just because you have a degree in coaching [/b] doesnt make you a know it all. Just some opinions on here is not saying they are bad coaches just some insight to try some things that we see works. We do have the best coaches in the area but they make mistakes too. we love our bulldogs and want them to succeed . Go Dogs beat the Spartans
[/quote]
Degree in coaching?
Didn't know there was such a thing.
[/quote]
There actually is. Its called kinesiology. Or some colleges offer a program called exersize and sports science.

Guest UHCoog14
There is no Texas Education Agency certification for "coaching" nor is there a "coaching" degree plan. There are certain areas that coaches major in: kinesology, biology, etc....A lot of the coaches I work with are certified in History or Science.

You can have any certification and coach.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1121253" timestamp="1321567280"]
There is no Texas Education Agency certification for "coaching" [size=10pt][b]nor is there a "coaching" degree plan[/b][/size]. There are certain areas that coaches major in: kinesology, biology, etc....A lot of the coaches I work with are certified in History or Science.

You can have any certification and coach.
[/quote]
Actually there is.

Look at the first two paragraphs.

http://careerplanning.about.com/cs/occupations/p/sports_coach.htm

Now there may not be a "coaching degree" but there are coaching degree plans.

Guest UHCoog14
Yes.You have to have a degree.
You just have to have an AD willing to hire you and an opening in your teaching field.

That's a new one on me. Thanks for the link.

[quote name="forum" post="1121081" timestamp="1321553339"]
[quote author=BigRed42 link=topic=91472.msg1117929#msg1117929 date=1321300437]
I'm actually going to school to become a coach  ;)
[/quote]
or are you going to school to become a teacher?
[/quote]

Yes! I'm shooting to be a teacher in history/football coach.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami