Pat Knight post game press conference quotes

Personally I am not worried about next year.  Yes we loose six seniors but I have confidence in Knights recruiting.  He has three guards signed for next year and if the big men continue to progress we may be a better team next year than we will be this year.  Devon Lamb will be the hardest to replace as players with that kind of work ethic are hard to come by.

[quote name="geezer" post="1115550" timestamp="1321145000"]
Personally I am not worried about next year.  Yes we loose six seniors but I have confidence in Knights recruiting.  He has three guards signed for next year and if the big men continue to progress we may be a better team next year than we will be this year.  Devon Lamb will be the hardest to replace as players with that kind of work ethic are hard to come by.
[/quote]

Why wasn't Knight successful at Tech?

Knights lack success at Tech based on my interpretation of some of his comments and my own opions are 1.  Moving from Asst to Head Coach neither the team nor the community accepted him as the Head Coach, he was still an Assistant.  2.  He focused first on the offense and was never able to get the players to buy into the defense the way he wanted.  3.  No matter who the coach is, Tech is a difficult place to get the caliber of player required to compete in one of the top three basketball conferences to commit to attending, it is five to six hours from Tech to any major city.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476