Props to Vidor's unsung heros, the Offensive Line.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I'm not gonna give there names for risk of more bad karma but they are definitely the NUMBER 1 reason we are doing this great this year. And to think they were the question mark in the beginning of the season.

PNG was a state power in the 70s because of their execution, not because they had the state's best athletes. I see this in our O-line. The blocking against Livingston was tremendous and this is as good as I've seen the Pirates in my 30+ years of watching Vidor football. Execution is everything.

I totally agree. Real football people know an offense is only as good as it's linemen and though these definitely are not the biggest they do get after you every single play. I love giving these guys credit because they take a pounding every single play all game long and never get their name called over the loud speaker, but they keep doing the dirty work and thats what unselfish teammates do. But I do know that coaches give them the credit in the locker room they deserve which is what most of these high school kids want, a little love from the men they look up to.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1106681" timestamp="1320555076"]
PNG was a state power in the 70s because of their execution, not because they had the state's best athletes. I see this in our O-line. The blocking against Livingston was tremendous and this is as good as I've seen the Pirates in my 30+ years of watching Vidor football. Execution is everything.
[/quote]
You are dead on, buddy!!! I saw every game in the 70's up to now and that is exactly why we won---we executed. My son only weighed 169 and was the starting OLB on the team that won the state championship.  Heck, we were picked to lose every game BUT we executed. Watch the Indians closely in these upcoming years because we have a coach who has a plan and our Indians are executing better and better each game.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1106681" timestamp="1320555076"]
[/quote]

Our boys def played a great game Friday night!!!  Our boys are doing some great things this year and they have been through a lot and continue to hold their heads high and give their heart and soul every Friday night. When that point after was blocked Friday night the stands went crazy!!!!!! 

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1107694" timestamp="1320682151"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=91047.msg1106681#msg1106681 date=1320555076]
[/quote]

Our boys def played a great game Friday night!!!  Our boys are doing some great things this year and they have been through a lot and continue to hold their heads high and give their heart and soul every Friday night. When that point after was blocked Friday night the stands went crazy!!!!!!
[/quote]

Yeah, when GO GO blocked it my brother and I were a couple of the crazies going nuts!!!!

[quote name="robanadana" post="1107863" timestamp="1320689449"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=91047.msg1107694#msg1107694 date=1320682151]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=91047.msg1106681#msg1106681 date=1320555076]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, when GO GO blocked it my brother and I were a couple of the crazies going nuts!!!!
[/quote]

We were too!! My 7 and 6 year old daughters (yes, I said daughters) started jumping and screaming.....GO PIRATES!!!!! It was awesome!! My girls take after their momma, they love football!!!!  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder