Lamar loss a wake up call

I agree sports guy. They missed the wakeup call last season. This is more like "they are trying to make the bed while the house is burning" analogy. I am disapointed, and have no idea what it would take to right the ship. Lamar brought back football and the community got excited and involved. Cardinal Staduim was renovated and is a fine facility. There is just not a good product on the field and the blame has to go to the coaches. Either they are not recruiting quality players or they are not coaching worth a hoot. I personally believe it is the latter. Coach Woodard has some 'spalining to do.

You still have to give them time.  When a new coach takes over an existing program, you can tell in three years what direction the program is going.  In a start up program five years.....if you start out with a lot of JC players. IMO 

He signed a lot of JC players up front to even out the scholarships between the classes. (and to hopefully win a couple)  What would the outcome be in these games if he was playing with a bunch of Soph?  Give the team a couple more years....let the non JC players grow.....Phys and Mentally.  I have a feeling the number of JC players on the roster will drop year after year.

He will have players that have been in his system for four years vs one.

A player said this is a wake up call, not the coach....it just reminds me of being woke up in the middle of the night with your arms spread out with your hands trying to find where you are.  Gotta know where you are and how you are getting there......everyone does.

Maybe y'all are just more patient than I am. Looking at other start-up programs, like South Alabama, and Lamar is not keeping pace. There are more and more empty seats at LU games. Interest is waning. Winning solves these problems. Embarrasing showings like this week cant help recruting or ticket sales, so how does it get better?

[quote name="shovel" post="1100817" timestamp="1320086946"]
Maybe y'all are just more patient than I am. Looking at other start-up programs, like South Alabama, and Lamar is not keeping pace. There are more and more empty seats at LU games. Interest is waning. Winning solves these problems. Embarrasing showings like this week cant help recruting or ticket sales, so how does it get better?
[/quote]
How are the young ones playing? Look at the future.

[quote name="shovel" post="1100817" timestamp="1320086946"]
[/quote]

People need to go to the games win or lose.  I would imagine that at least 1/2 of the people on this board have been to 2 or fewer home games.  Success takes support.  Support means $$.  Fans (and rich donors) = money.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="1100829" timestamp="1320087672"]
[quote author=shovel link=topic=90712.msg1100817#msg1100817 date=1320086946]
[/quote]

People need to go to the games win or lose.  I would imagine that at least 1/2 of the people on this board have been to 2 or fewer home games.  Success takes support.  Support means $$.  Fans (and rich donors) = money.
[/quote]

BINGO!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1100796" timestamp="1320085834"]
You can't start to panic and its only your second year. There will be more growing pains. Give your program 4 years to see some kind of improvement. ;)
[/quote]
When did Woodard step on Campus as the head coach?

[quote name="hipster" post="1100931" timestamp="1320091684"]
"You may not believe but I think we are improved from last year."  Are you kidding me.  Where does he get his material.  Seriously!!
[/quote]

Well he has to be an optimist.  I really can't tell but if we are it is not be leaps and bounds.  I do get the sense that we are learning on the job.  So far most of the lessons have been painful.

Well what he ought to do is take the bull by the horns and say I am going to fix what we have been doing and you either fall in or hit the road.  Heck with this we need to go back to work stuff, they should have already been working and fixing the problems.  We have proven we can lose with some of these guys lets see if we can win without them, coaches included.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124