19-4A Playoff Picture - 1 Game to play

Just going to show the teams in the race

Barbers Hill                    6-0
Dayton                            4-2
Crosby                            4-2
Goose Creek Memorial      3-3
Baytown Lee                    3-3

BH wins the district championship and will have 1st seed in Div II.  Correct me if i'm wrong, but both Dayton and Crosby have clinched playoff berths.  The game of the week will be GCM vs Lee, with the winner getting the last playoff spot and the loser finishing their season. 

wowzer!

Shellman you are correct because their is only the possibility of 3 (4-3) teams

So GCM vs Lee makes one team 4-3 and one 3-4 meaning at worse

BH = 7-0
Dayton = 4-3 min
Crosby = 4-3 min
Winner of GCM and Lee = 4-3 loser = 3-4

Now only 1 thing can change and that is seeding.

In Crosby losses and Lee wins Crosby is D1 #2 because of head to head, if GCM wins then Crosby is D1 #1 because of head to head.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1098265" timestamp="1319857826"]
GCM might be in trouble! one of thier good RB's got ejected tonight in the BH game which means he cannot play in the next game per UIL rules. Dumb Dumb Dumb!!
[/quote]

I do not think that is a UIL rule.  Could be a district rule, but not UIL.  Bridge City had a played ejected a few weeks ago and he was able to play the next week.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1098265" timestamp="1319857826"]
GCM might be in trouble! one of thier good RB's got ejected tonight in the BH game which means he cannot play in the next game per UIL rules. Dumb Dumb Dumb!!
[/quote]

He wasn't very good at football or fighting but he was ejected for sure. A real head case that one.

Guest UHCoog14
#33 is a soph and has alot of growing up to do. If you would like to mentor this young man feel free to stop by and check on him. If you do not know him personally, maybe you should not be so quick to pass judgement on him. He made a poor choice and was dealt the punishment. His coach addressed him ASAP and will do what he can to get the young man to not make that type of mistake again.

He is a heck of  a  football player with a  tremendous upside.  Your statement about his ability is assinine.

Better team won tonight. Not  much else to say.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1098468" timestamp="1319861204"]
#33 is a soph and has alot of growing up to do. If you would like to mentor this young man feel free to stop by and check on him. If you do not know him personally, maybe you should not be so quick to pass judgement on him. He made a poor choice and was dealt the punishment. His coach addressed him ASAP and will do what he can to get the young man to not make that type of mistake again.

He is a heck of  a  football player with a  tremendous upside.  Your statement about his ability is assinine.

[/quote]

Getting ejected for fighting is one thing, slapping the ref's arm is another.  That being said, all that heat of the moment stuff happens, but to go to the sideline and thro your helmet back on the field, then fight with your own teamates, well, sounds like we need him at BH next year.  We can put him feet first in one of our ant beds for a few hours and he'll straighten up and make a good runing back for us....... ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1098468" timestamp="1319861204"]
#33 is a soph and has alot of growing up to do. [b][size=18pt]If you would like to mentor this young man[/size][/b] feel free to stop by and check on him. If you do not know him personally, maybe you should not be so quick to pass judgement on him. He made a poor choice and was dealt the punishment. His coach addressed him ASAP and will do what he can to get the young man to not make that type of mistake again.

[/quote]

I think we all know what is best for this young man.  I will take it upon myself to see that he is fervently walking down the straight and narrow.  But first he must prepare his mind for "The Way of the Biggums".

Lesson 1:  They dress that way because they want you to look.
Lesson 2:  Chicks dig winners.
Lesson 3:  If you believe, you will achieve, just make sure she don't conceive.

Well, that pretty much covers everything i learned in high school. 

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="1098974" timestamp="1319908351"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90607.msg1098468#msg1098468 date=1319861204]
#33 is a soph and has alot of growing up to do. [b][size=18pt]If you would like to mentor this young man[/size][/b] feel free to stop by and check on him. If you do not know him personally, maybe you should not be so quick to pass judgement on him. He made a poor choice and was dealt the punishment. His coach addressed him ASAP and will do what he can to get the young man to not make that type of mistake again.

[/quote]

I think we all know what is best for this young man.  I will take it upon myself to see that he is fervently walking down the straight and narrow.  But first he must prepare his mind for "The Way of the Biggums".

[/quote]lololol ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1098370" timestamp="1319859289"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=90607.msg1098265#msg1098265 date=1319857826]
[/quote]

I do not think that is a UIL rule.  Could be a district rule, but not UIL.  Bridge City had a played ejected a few weeks ago and he was able to play the next week.
[/quote]

It depends on the reason for the ejection. If the ejection is for fighting, then the player has to sit out at least the first half automatically.  If it is a flagrant foul ejection, then that triggers a video review to determine whether or not further penalty aside from the ejection (like a suspension) is conducted.  This difference is the reason that the Bridge City player was allowed to play the next week as I understand that the video review showed that they threw the wrong player out for that foul.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="1098974" timestamp="1319908351"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90607.msg1098468#msg1098468 date=1319861204]

[/quote]

[/quote] ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest UHCoog14
He was ejected for back-to-back personal fouls. He did not touch the official. When he saw the 1st PF was called on him, he said the "magic" word and got the 2nd one.

I hope GCM sits him down.

Guest GET DIRTY
[quote name="GCMPats" post="1099056" timestamp="1319913232"]
He was ejected for back-to-back personal fouls. He did not touch the official. When he saw the 1st PF was called on him, he said the "magic" word and got the 2nd one.

[/quote]

Not sure what game you were watchin, Or what the word was on the GCM sideline, But I had a pretty good view of that whole incident, And I believe he did slap / shove ( or attempt to slap / shove ) the officials arms away from him.  It doesn't matter to me, for the kid's sake, I hope he doesn't have to sit out, But on the other hand, What kind of message is he getting if he is not held accountable other than just a second half ejection. IMO !!!

Guest UHCoog14
I was 30 yds from the play. Ref thows the flag for the PF on the sidelines, #33 reacts and starts his temper tantrum, ref throws his hat for the 2nd PF.  His position coach meets him at the middle of the field and lets him know that his actions are not acceptable and continues to let him know all the way to the bemch.

Not once did I see him touch the official.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1099210" timestamp="1319922890"]
I was 30 yds from the play. Ref thows the flag for the PF on the sidelines, #33 reacts and starts his temper tantrum, ref throws his hat for the 2nd PF.  His position coach meets him at the middle of the field and lets him know that his actions are not acceptable and continues to let him know all the way to the bemch.

Not once did I see him touch the official.
[/quote]

Pats, normally I back yam man, but I was right in front of the whole thing.  The ref threw the flag, when he and a BH player got into it.  The ref reached for him and was trying to get him to settle down and he turned away from the ref and pushed the refs arm downward as he walked off.  That's when the ref threw the hat. 

Anyway, all is done now and hopefully things work out for GCM.  Would like to see yall do well in playoffs.

Also the ref needs to be reprimanded. Refs are not supposed to "touch kids" in fact their not supposed to stop fights or any other type of activity that involves a physical interaction with a student.

Its the coaches jobs to do that. UIL doesn't like getting sued that is why that rule is in place, and a couple refs getting a little carried away trying to prevent fights.

I'm sure the ref was just trying to separate him, but it is something he isn't supposed to do. 

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1099455" timestamp="1319936344"]
Also the [b]ref needs to be reprimanded.[/b] Refs are not supposed to "touch kids" in fact their not supposed to stop fights or any other type of activity that involves a physical interaction with a student.

Its the coaches jobs to do that. UIL doesn't like getting sued that is why that rule is in place, and a couple refs getting a little carried away trying to prevent fights.

I'm sure the ref was just trying to separate him, but it is something he isn't supposed to do.
[/quote]
Are you refering to tha DAY/CROS refs  ;)

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1099056" timestamp="1319913232"]

[/quote]
I think it's time to take the BH out of your hair and put GOT WRECKED by BH!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics